Crazy cat

Swift sets sales record

The Maruti Swift recently crossed the 300,000 unit cumulative domestic sales mark within just three years and nine months, making it the fastest selling model in its segment. Launched back in May 2005, the Swift managed to achieve this landmark figure in mid-February 2009.

While the petrol version has been available since the time of the launch, the diesel version powered by Fiat

I feel the Swift deserves every ounce of praise and more. It is the best hatch in India period and phenomenal VFM. Unlike certain hatches who people claim to have a 'tank like' build. In it's diesel avatar blows the competition away. MSIL must build a separate plant or two for Swift and Dzire, alone.

Wel said DD..

THis vehicle has changed the Indian perception of a HATCH and Set a new Standard of a Powerful yet VFM car..

Maruti's this wonderful product really deserves all praises... !

I wish the swift becomes more solid in bulid, n classy in interiors.. dats all.!

This is really a great achievement for Maruti Suzuki. Infact till date Maruti has marked various significant milestones not only in its own glorious history but also in the history of Indian car industry. Just a couple of months backs Maruti has also rejoiced the 10 lakh sales unit of its small car Alto.

I totally agree with you. I wish it could have better plastic quality. Also they should provide a rear wiper & defogger in the VDI version.

I agree with you. They should have brought the ZDi variant for Swift. Or atleast defogger and wiper in VDi.

I have been to all the authorized maruti dealers in delhi, noida & gurgaon for the fittment of rear wiper & defogger. All of them refused. With great difficulty I managed to install the orginal stereo of the sx4 in my vdi. After a month maruti launched it in the swift ZXI. The dash looks fabulus with the this stereo. I wish i could post these photographs.

I think it's high time Maruti gives the Swift a "royal" treatement and bring's out a "Gold" edition: right from body graphic's to tweaked engine and suspension and all wheel disc's and more safety features like extra airbag's a refurbished beige interior and better incar entertainment and beige leather seat's. I think Maruti can do this. Or they can come out with a special performance tuning arm; would be a "first" for an Indian automaker. Come on MSIL, you can do it...so that people can have the cake and eat it too and their warranty stay's intact. Some one's got to take the plunge and then there will be a deluge...just wait and watch.

Yeah! they could launch a sports variant, the first diesel sports car as a special edition. I think it'll sell, as many Swift owners spend a big amount of money in modifications. Similar king of buyers will definitely buy it, as they get it as OEM.

I don't think their can be a sport varient in diesel powertrain also the estilo sport was a good prank .They should redevelop the platform and make more spacious and rear userfriendly swift

Its a beetle of India.

Its not a Maruti who made Swift!! its Suzuki's product sold world wide.. and people in India still think that its a Maruti's product!! it would make me think how much we have been made believe about it!!!

Swift will easily cross the 5 lakh sales figure within the next 2 years { even without any mods } It has sort of become a car for everyone- families, single people, college kids, retired folks and all! Its opening price point is the key! Lxi is about 4.5 lakhs on road in blore, which is a great deal if some one wants n