jbond830

Cars which dont rattle ?

Yup Maruti & Tata have niggling problems. I think Toyota's Honda's & Skoda's are safest bet. I have a Swift which rattles once in a way. I also own a Fiat Petra D which used to rattle before, but now its ocassional rattles. 

Well European or German to be specific tends to rattle minimum, while Tata's, Mahindra's and Maruti's rattles the most even when they are knew....Hyundai's also doesnt rattles that often while toyota and honda are also good which are maintained well otherwise they also tend to rattle...My 5year old City doesnt rattles at all but yes it has only done 45k till now...

Well Hyundai's generally dont rattles, as i have owned Santro and not own a Getz atleast they dont rattle, but as my Getz isnt that maintained it rattles sometime but not like Maruti's...I dont think that i10 rattles atleast for a period say 3years if its maintained in decent(note not GOOD) but decent/normal condition..

Well Hyundai's generally dont rattles' date=' as i have owned Santro and not own a Getz atleast they dont rattle, but as my Getz isnt that maintained it rattles sometime but not like Maruti's...I dont think that i10 rattles atleast for a period say 3years if its maintained in decent(note not GOOD) but decent/normal condition..[/quote']

Good for hyundai lovers.

Dude, my a-star has started to make minute sounds just a week after delivery.  It more like a "squeak" sound which is heard occasionally. Even after 1st service, its still there. I think it should be the loosely fitted mirror or, something to do with the suspension. But for sure, the car is much better than other small cars of Maruti. I bought this car for my dad. He drives a 800 and will give it to him in a few year time.jbond8302009-02-20 05:05:57

Well Skoda has one of the best build quality in our market at this price point but even honda and toyota are good but not as good as Skoda..

And even Fiat's dont tend to rattle but palio is an old car so it might be rattling ..We have few Palio owners here like Subzero and Trojan so you can ask them..

opel corsa 7 yrs 78k still going strong .

Feels like just came out of the showroom

Thats true. I have seen few corsa. They look new. You got some good service centers around your place?

Or is chevy doing the service for Opel too?

Can you all share your experience. Which cars dont rattle even after 50' date='000kms?

[/quote']

My 2003 model Toyota Qualis with over 1,45,000 kms on the clock has no rattles..

its been everywhere,highways, jungles, mountains, river beds..no rattles..

moz-screenshot-1.jpgqp3lz5.jpg

My trusted old Matiz - 1 lac Kms' date=' 9.5 years old

Hardly any rattles.
[/quote']

true

even my cousin's matiz is still going strong after 9 years

the surprising thing is that Daewoo doesnt rattle as it has a bad reputation

well as said before skodas and other japanese brands are good

but out of this even fords are pretty good especially the endeavour!

My Elantra also doesn't rattle, though I have covered just 14000 kms only have had it for three and half year's, even on the worst road's it doesn't rattle. @ Manuuj: that's a great pic of your Qualis in it's element's. Look's great for a nearly 6 year old vehicle. Kudos buddy. Don't sell it! Durango Dude2009-02-20 17:21:10

My Elantra also doesn't rattle' date=' though I have covered just 14000 kms only have had it for three and half year's, even on the worst road's it doesn't rattle. @ Manuuj: that's a great pic of your Qualis in it's element's. Look's great for a nearly 6 year old vehicle. Kudos buddy. Don't sell it! [/quote']

thanks durango dude! cant imagine selling the Qualis ever..a Toyota dealer even offered me 3.6 lacs for it after doing a thorough examination ..i just smiled and walked away..

P.S. you can see more pics of my Qualis in the topic..Qualis ownership reviews and pics..in the indian cars section of the forum smiley1.gif

manuuj2009-02-21 06:44:29