swiftvxi06

HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT CAR???

PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS ABOUT NEW FORD iKOn 1.4TDCi.smiley36.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifITS POWERED BY THE TRIED AND TESTED 1.4 TDCI UNIT WHICH DOES DUTY IN THE FIESTA. BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER IT IS STILL A COMPETENT CAR SINCE IT WAS BEING LAUNCHED IN OCTOBER 1999 AND THE COMPETITION HAS MOVED AHEAD.  (CHOICE OF FUEL IS NOT UNDER CONSIDERATION, BUT IT SHOULD GIVE ATLEAST 12 KMPL IN CITY WITH 100% A/C ON)......IS IT A GOOD CHOICE MADE OVER THE SWIFT DZIRE 1.3 DDiS VDi OR VXi OR CHEVROLET AVEO 1.4LS?? ANY OTHER CAR WHICH I CAN GET WITHIN RS.7 LAKHS.( NO TATA CARS AND MUVSsmiley7.gifsmiley7.gif). BECOZ WE ARE A FAMILY OF 3 smiley1.gifAND CURRENTLY OWN A 2008  MARUTI ALTO LXi (CELEBRATION EDITION) AND NEED A GOOD SEDAN.. HELP ME OUT MAN..... ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO DECIDE....smiley5.gifsmiley5.gifsmiley5.gif

ur first choice should be swift dezire zdi. 2nd choice should be ikon tdci.Both will give you a milage of around 18-20kms/l in city. Maintenance costs of the dezire are much lower. Resale value is also better of the dezire. However there is a long waiting list for the dezire. I think first u should test drive both of them.

THANKS SUJOY BUT I DONT LIKE THE LOOK OF SWIFT DZIRE MOREOVER MY UNCLE OWNS A DZIRE ZDi( WHICH I RECOMMENDED) BUT I DONT WANT ANOTHER DZIRE IN THE FAMILY BECOZ BUILD QUALTY , ALL BLACK INTERIOR ARE NOT GOOD..THE 1.3LT DDiS UNIT IS TERRIFIC AND HAS ADEQUATE POWER AND GIVES GOOD FUEL ECONOMY. BUT FRANKLY ASKING U, IS THE 1.4LT TDCi UNIT OF FORD NOT COMPETENT AS DZIRE'S ONE?

Not as competent as the 1.3ddis. However it does the job well. I have driven the fiesta d which has the same engine for 60000kms. Never faced any problem. Now the same engine is in the ikon. With better power to weight ratio the new ikon D is a great drive. Since u already have a dezire ZDI, u can seriously think of the new ikon D. I suggest test drive it first. Otherwise its a good car.

ur first choice should be swift dezire zdi. 2nd choice should be ikon tdci.Both will give you a milage of around 18-20kms/l in city.

Are you kidding?smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

smiley36.gifNo sedan gives you a mileage of 18-20kpl in city driving conditions. Not even Diesel Sedan can give 18kpl in city. even if driven without ACsmiley18.gif.

Are you going to drive on plain stretch of road where there is no traffic, no potholes?

IF YES, THEN YOU SHOULD AND MUST GET 25KPL AT CRUISING SPEEDS OF 65-70KPH ON 5TH GEAR.smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley32.gif  Period.

Please think and work out before posting such unbelievable points.smiley29.gifsmiley29.gif

I disagree that cars dont give 18kmpl.

In todays world Diesel motors definitely give similar averages.

My verna just now returned 19.8kmpl whereas some of my office friends who have Swift VDi have told me of similar figures.

Needless to point out that we are all Delhi based so suffer from all possible traffic issues.

Ikon is a good option for you i will say unless you want to look at Swift (D) itself inplace of dzire.

I disagree that cars dont give 18kmpl.

I said cars don't give 18kpl in city driving conditions.

No doubt modern Diesel cars return 20+kpl with AC ON on highways.

My verna just now returned 19.8kmpl whereas some of my office friends who have Swift VDi have told me of similar figures.

Can you please specify how do you both (you and your friend) check the

FE of your cars' date=' respectively? Please specify the procedure both of you carry out to check FE of your cars.
Needless to point out that we are all Delhi based so suffer from all possible traffic issues.

My dear friend, You will never find open stretch of smooth roads in any city in "India".

@swiftvxi06..

Can you please mention why you don't want to go for Tata cars?

sudeepd2009-02-20 12:17:51

No sedan gives you a mileage of 18-20kpl in city driving conditions. Not even Diesel Sedan can give 18kpl in city. even if driven without AC

We are regularly getting a mileage of 17-19 kpl in Logan in Coimbatore city traffic with AC on.

Go for the Dzire diesel it's a better car than the Ikon as a package, and will deliver on the mileage front too. It 'll be priced around the budget you have in mind. Ikon and Accent are coming with some great deal's. The Ikon TDCI as you said is 5.19 lakhs and Accent 1.5 petrol is retailing for something like 4.83 lakhs both ex-showroom, but both are long in the tooth and are at the fag end of their life cycles. But are phenomenal value if you don't mind that they are almost 10 year's old. Or even can go in for the old Honda City, sparingly used 2 year old car must fit in that budget...try AutoTerrace.

If you don't like Dzire, wait for new Indigo. If it is priced in your budget, then it'll be a good buy. It has the same engine found in Swift/Dzire/Palio/Vista. As it is based on Vista platform, we could expect some good changes not seen on Tata cars before.

Guys what are you all doing confusing the chap his budget it 7 lakhs don't suggest linea ,tata,and Dzire.

I strongly say stay away from the Ikon is a broken horse the best would be to extend the budget and go foe base fiesta d .THE Fusion D is competent and has almost same rear space as the Fiesta.

hey people thanks for all your suggestions. i wanted to go for swift dzire vdi(within my budget) but in kolkata no maruti suzuki dealers are taking booking for swift dzire(both petrol and diesel) due to massive waiting lists of cars and huge waiting period. if i book now, i will get the car maybe in september or october 2009. meanwhile i along with my dad has decided that we can go for the chevrolet aveo 1.4 LS. what say? becoz we r a family of three but we live  with all family members( in different flats of the same house) and my uncles and brothers already own a 2003 Maruti Esteem Velocity LXi, 2008 Maruti DZiRE ZDi,2007 Hyundai Verna CRDi, 2008Maruti SX4 VXi, 2008Maruti Alto LXi (Celebration)(my car). so i want to by something different from these typical cars.is aveo 1.4 Ls competent car? looks great and build quality is good too. Gm offering me huge discount around Rs 50,000 on 1.4ls. should ii go for 1.4 Ls ( limited edition) ? it looks exactly like a 1.6 minus the spoiler?

Yes you can go for Aveo. Also you can get maintenance package for free if you haggle hard.

Is the car chauffeur-driven or self-driven?

If chauffeur, then check the rear seat comfort and legroom of the Aveo coz I did not see the car from inside.

thanks sudeepd. ya the aveo would driven by me and my dad. it has good interiors( far better than ford fiesta, logan, SX4) , good space (headroom, legroom),rear centre armrest, huge boot(440litres)and build quality is top notch becoz its being made by GM - the world's largest carmaker.!!smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif. the engine,( though some say not exciting) is pretty decent and good for city driving and gives good fuel economy about 12-14km/pl in city(with a.c ). overall its a good value for money package plus giving good discount. plus they would maintan the car for 3 years. and i looked at the spare parts prices...... they are damn cheap some parts cheaper than my Alto LXi..smiley4.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif. i think for all the money am spending i will go for the AVEO 1.4 LS(LIMITED EDITION). will get alloys, leather seats, 2 DIN Mp3 player, chrome exhaust. u know wanted to go for DZiRE VDi and then ford iKOn 1.4 TDCi  but then backed out due to huge waiting period of DZiRE and expensive maintenance of Ford iKOn.. and finally settling for an  AVEO 1.4 LS(.LIMITED EDITION)..wat u all say?

You can try out one thing for decreasing waitlist period. Check from dealers outside your city. If it is a smaller city though preferably not a very small town then waiting period might be less. My uncle who is in jaipur got his Swift VDi like this only. He bought it form Ajmer and the waiting period reduced from 2 and half months in jaipur to just three weeks in ajmer. The only problem is that you have to do registration yourself

THANKS RAHUL BUT KOLKATA IS A METROPOLITAN CITY AND MARUTI DEALERS OUTSIDE THE CITY ALSO HAVE WAITING PERIODS FOR SWIFT DZIRE BECAUSE ITS BEEN A HUGE HIT  IN KOLKATA AND IN A SINGLE BLOCK(NEIGHBOURHOOD) U WILL FIND 5-10 SWIFT DZIRES PARKED. SO AM GOING FOR AVEO 1.4LS (LIMITED EDITION). ITS QUITE A HASSLE TO DO REGISTRATION BY ONESELF IN PVD AS THEY WOULDNOT MOVE THE FILE UNLESS U BRIBE THEM. THE REGISTRATION DONE BY DEALERS ARE FASTER BECOZ THEY HAVE THEIR OWN TOUTS WHO WORK FOR THEM. AND MAKES THE FILE MOVE FASTER......smiley2.gifsmiley2.gif

@ goenkakushal---When deciding to buy a car all the factors should be taken in consideration and not only the companies position.I certainly accept that its one of the factor and not the sole deciding factor or reason for dediding to select or reject a car.

@ swiftvxi - u have made a good choice Aveo 1.4 LS with the discount which is offered to u is really worth and VFM. Purchasing the dezire again which ur uncle has doesnot make any sense. U hav made a good choicesmiley20.gif

i wouldn go for a GM car.. n now lookin at the companies position surely not..

The position of GM in US may not be good.

But in India, you cannot go wrong with GM cars.

GM has lots of Future Plans for Indian Market.

So I don't think there is any problem to with GM cars except Resale Values, since GM has created an impression that GM cars are more expensive to maintain.

I think you can try and get the 1.6lt engine varient as it has wee bit more power if you don't mind scarifising Fe and also the spoiler looks good on it .The offwhite colour looks just too cool in it.