swiftvxi06

HELP ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT CAR???

thanks all GM car lovers especially sudeepd, archit,rki2007 and rssh.. thanks for suggesting me to go for Aveo 1.4LS(LIMITED EDITION). In fact the GM dealer told me that chevy has discontinued the 1.4LS model as limited edition one became more popular?? plz verfiy it guys.. and rssh i will go for 1.4 Ls(LIMITED EDITION)becoz one of my cousin owns a 1.6LT and told me that the 1.6Litre engine is not exciting to drive and  is a lethargic unit. plus it consumes a lot of fuel giving max 9- 10km/pl(city) whereas 1.4 gives 12-14km/pl(city). plus 1.4 limited edition looks exactly like a 1.6 LT. i dont want to put a spoiler becoz there have been many instances in salt lake city where spoilers got stolen, even my friend's verna 1.6Xi's carbon fibre spoiler worth Rs 15,000-20,000 got stolen. and spoiler is not meant on a midsize car like Aveo, they are meant for expensive ferrari's and masarati's..... have shortlisted 2 colors - cadillac white and  icy blue

i wouldn go for a GM car.. n now lookin at the companies position surely not..
The position of GM in US may not be good.But in India' date=' you cannot go wrong with GM cars. GM has lots of Future Plans for Indian Market.So I don't think there is any problem to with GM cars except Resale Values, since GM has created an impression that GM cars are more expensive to maintain.[/quote']

I completely agree with u but the very fact that u spoke about the resale of the vehicle is also an important issue atleast 4me. my uncle wanted to sell his corsa but the dealer refused to buy a 200x corsa but was ready to buy 98 esteem.. how ever even i am in love with 2 gm cars i.e. the OPTRA TDCi and the CAPTIVA.. they both have superb engine n performance and vv comfy ride.. i dont say u shouldn go for GM cars all tht i say is, before u buy a GM be sure u knw the disadvantages as well. and i hav heard abt service issues but dont hav ny personal experience.

Hey sorry ppl i20 was a wrong suggestion as he wants a sedan.. for a 7 lakh budget i would suggest the SX4 or u can even go for the old honda city if ur lucky to find 1 with a honda dealer(my frnd got new honda city but the old shape city for around 6lakh) which is gr8 deal i think..

i would not recommend Aveo for sure..

You have made a very good decision..

6 months back a friend's bro was in the market looking for a mid-size car at arnd 7-7.5 lacs..had suggested him to go for Aveo..he visited the dealer(Dulichand Motors, near Ruby Hospital)and  was thoroughly impressed n immediately booked d car..d Limited Edition one..its a good VFM package..the color is Ivory gold..looks great..u can try thinking abt that color..

thanks people for supporting me in choosing the AVEO 1.4 LS (LIMITED EDITION), becoz for 6 lakhs i wont go for a hyundai i20 or skoda fabia which are hatchbacks....... i want a true sedan car with a proper boot... plus i wont go for sx4 again becoz my aunt owns it man.......... will stick to AVEO 1.4LS(LIMITED EDITION)

thanks akash ya contacted dhulichand motors, near ruby hospital. will test drive it this week. ivy blue color looks stunning.......but i have driven one of friend's aveo 1.4 ls. its a good vfm...sedan

thanks all GM car lovers especially sudeepd

I did not like any cars of GM EXCEPT CHEVROLET CAPTIVA.

Its the Only True Diesel Seven Seater within that Price Range. Period.

All other Chevy cars lack the equipments in their category.

In fact I liked Optra Diesel which was launched with 120bhp.

But it did not have features like Electric Front Seats, Rear AC Vents, Alloy Wheels (as Standard), Bluetooth Phone Connectivity which I got Standard on our Indigo XL Grand DiCOR. Period.

OK I agree that ALL Tata Cars (Except Safari) don't even have ABS and Airbags option.smiley18.gif.

Also the Quality of TATA is not good (Except Vista)

Anyways I am not an enemy of GM but Maruti and Tata provide More Features within less price range.

sudeepd2009-02-24 11:32:32

thanks all GM car lovers especially sudeepd
I did not like any cars of GM EXCEPT CHEVROLET CAPTIVA.Its the Only True Diesel Seven Seater within that Price Range. Period.All other Chevy cars lack the equipments in their category.In fact I liked Optra Diesel which was launched with 120bhp.But it did not have features like Electric Front Seats' date=' Rear AC Vents, Alloy Wheels (as Standard), Bluetooth Phone Connectivity which I got Standard on our Indigo XL Grand DiCOR. Period.OK I agree that ALL Tata Cars (Except Safari) don't even have ABS and Airbags option.smiley18.gif.Also the Quality of TATA is not good (Except Vista)Anyways I am not an enemy of GM but Maruti and Tata provide More Features within less price range.[/quote']

and u end up compromising on quality .. which makes u suffer later

exactly man... for quality i dont mind paying a few thousand rupees more. but quality has to be top notch, which the AVEO, and also all other GM cars have. good build quality, airy interiors, good ergonomics which are better than infact TATA as well as MARUTI SUZUKI. what u say?smiley17.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley32.gif..  maybe the AVEO 1.4LIMITED EDITION doesnt have rear a/c vents but it doesnt look awkward like the indigo xl or swift dzire. its one of the best looking sedans sold in india. even the indigo xl, indica vista, indigo cs doesnt have abs, airbags as option but AVEO 1.6 LT has airbags and ABS optional.... plus no one has heard any problems regarding  body rattling, poor ergonomics, bad quality switches from any of GM cars...... but ppl have heard it from both maruti and tata. actually GM stands for strength... plus maintenance of AVEO is cheapest in its category............... so which ever way u look at it, it still is a good car....... becoz both maruti and tata doesnt sell same cars sold here in the most competitive market in the world, THE U.S. but GM  till date sells the AVEO SEDAN, AVEO U-VA, CHEVROLET OPTRA, OPTRA SRV IN US with exactly same specifications and its a popular midsize car there... so, wat u get in an AVEO in US, Europe, North America, South America, South East Asia  u get the same quality in INDIA...

exactly man... for quality i dont mind paying a few thousand rupees more. but quality has to be top notch, which the AVEO, and also all other GM cars have. good build quality, airy interiors, good ergonomics which are better than infact TATA as well as MARUTI SUZUKI. what u say?smiley17.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley32.gif.. maybe the AVEO 1.4LIMITED EDITION doesnt have rear a/c vents but it doesnt look awkward like the indigo xl or swift dzire. its one of the best looking sedans sold in india. even the indigo xl, indica vista, indigo cs doesnt have abs, airbags as option but AVEO 1.6 LT has airbags and ABS optional.... plus no one has heard any problems regarding  body rattling, poor ergonomics, bad quality switches from any of GM cars...... but ppl have heard it from both maruti and tata. actually GM stands for strength... plus maintenance of AVEO is cheapest in its category............... so which ever way u look at it, it still is a good car....... becoz both maruti and tata doesnt sell same cars sold here in the most competitive market in the world, THE U.S. but GM  till date sells the AVEO SEDAN, AVEO U-VA, CHEVROLET OPTRA, OPTRA SRV IN US with exactly same specifications and its a popular midsize car there... so, wat u get in an AVEO in US, Europe, North America, South America, South East Asia  u get the same quality in INDIA... wat u say buddy?

swiftvxi, gr8 choice as aveo 1.4 LE, its a stunning sedan with notch quality along with 3 yrs maintenance plan from GM along with freebies on offer, you are surely not going to regret your decision few years down later. Have you finalised your colour, cream white,golden brown and dark green tone colours looks awesome on this car.Looking for mroe updates and pics of ur car.CHEERS!!!

exactly man... for quality i dont mind paying a few thousand rupees more. but quality has to be top notch' date=' which the AVEO, and also all other GM cars have. good build quality, airy interiors, good ergonomics which are better than infact TATA as well as MARUTI SUZUKI. what u say?smiley17.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley32.gif.. maybe the AVEO 1.4LIMITED EDITION doesnt have rear a/c vents but it doesnt look awkward like the indigo xl or swift dzire. its one of the best looking sedans sold in india. even the indigo xl, indica vista, indigo cs doesnt have abs, airbags as option but AVEO 1.6 LT has airbags and ABS optional.... plus no one has heard any problems regarding  body rattling, poor ergonomics, bad quality switches from any of GM cars...... but ppl have heard it from both maruti and tata. actually GM stands for strength... plus maintenance of AVEO is cheapest in its category............... so which ever way u look at it, it still is a good car....... becoz both maruti and tata doesnt sell same cars sold here in the most competitive market in the world, THE U.S. but GM  till date sells the AVEO SEDAN, AVEO U-VA, CHEVROLET OPTRA, OPTRA SRV IN US with exactly same specifications and its a popular midsize car there... so, wat u get in an AVEO in US, Europe, North America, South America, South East Asia  u get the same quality in INDIA... wat u say buddy?[/quote']

yes no doubts on the quality part mate is sure better than maruti, hyundai n tata is far away.. only issue i see is resale and the service quality..

thanks  kushal.. quality  is the most important issue becoz am spending Rs 7 lakhs and for that amount i demand and i should go for quality, because it is not a meagre sum of money... look i already own a maruti alto lxi and got power steering,body colored bumpers, body graphics, wheel covers, internally adjustable view mirrors(l/r) a/c, 1-DIN KENWOOD MP3 player,Sony xplod speakers,power windows (front) original MGA installed when i bought the car last february. alto is a good city car, but now a good midsize sedan is what we need and thats why going for AVEO and regarding resale value mate, i have the Alto which would give me a good amount if i sell lare becoz its MARUTI SUZUKI.. guys how  can i upload pics of my ALTO??????? help me out...

thanks  kushal.. quality  is the most important issue becoz am spending Rs 7 lakhs and for that amount i demand and i should go for quality' date=' because it is not a meagre sum of money... look i already own a maruti alto lxi and got power steering,body colored bumpers, body graphics, wheel covers, internally adjustable view mirrors(l/r) a/c, 1-DIN KENWOOD MP3 player,Sony xplod speakers,power windows (front) original MGA installed when i bought the car last february. alto is a good city car, but now a good midsize sedan is what we need and thats why going for AVEO and regarding resale value mate, i have the Alto which would give me a good amount if i sell lare becoz its MARUTI SUZUKI.. guys how  can i upload pics of my ALTO??????? help me out...[/quote']

why dont you keep the Alto. You will love the quick and easy drive around the city.

guys dont worry am keeping my alto lxi as well because its a lovely small car....... ya would go for cashmere as it looks great....... guys can u give me an important info? WHAT HAPPENED TO AUTOEXPO 2009????? WHERE AND WHEN IS IT HAPPENING? IT ALWAYS HAPPEN AT PRAGATI MAIDAN , NEW DELHI AND USUALLY HAPPENS BY 1ST WEEK OF FEBRUARY?? IS IT NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR???

guys, theres been a change of desicion here. my dad has decided to go for the new Ikon tdci because he has reduced the budget from Rs.7lakhs to Rs 6.50 lakhs. so in this budget best car to go is the ford iKOn 1.4 TDCi. i read the latest AUTOCAR INDIA issue and found that maintenance of Ford cars has reduced considerably smiley31.gifeven the Ikon and maintenance of Aveo has increased.smiley26.gif For instance the front bumper, wheel rim, headlights, tail-lights, side view mirrors cost more in an aveo than a ford ikon and it is the most expensive cars to maintain in the lower midsize segmentsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley26.gif!!!!...the aggregate prices of different spare parts of aveo is a whopping  Rs 83,910smiley26.gifsmiley3.gif while that of Ford iKOn TDCi is Rs 59,785/smiley1.gifsmiley16.gifsmiley2.gif. and even autocar india says the ford ikon tdci  is a  vfm car and got a superb engine. its giving 14.1 km/pl in city and 17.9km/pl in highway.. overall 16km/pl.smiley36.gifsmiley4.gif wat do u say people?