Kinshuk

On Road Prices: Civic & Altis

Yup 50k discount was for 2008 model' date=' sorry didnt mention earlier. Its for the V version MT. For 2009 Model the discount is around 20k max. [/quote']

hey ur talking abt the civic i guess 50k is gr8 yaar.. which city n dealer is giving such discounts?? n 20k is not bad for the 2009 model.. coz i jus got myself a new altis n dat time i enquired for civic too but honda refused for any discounts

@ashthedash: very true' date=' heart says civic but head says Altis...I face GC issues even with the City when fully loaded, esp on highways.[/quote']

you would face more problems with civic with GC, as is lower then city so if its not for more looks and peppyness which civic offers, i would prefer altis which is more practical one to buy, or else wait for new civic and see what it offers.CHEERS!!!

civic is more refined then the altis.the only drawback of the civic is gc.i think if you are looking for a family car altis,for individuals civic.civic driving experience,handling is notch above.the person who love to drive will enjoy in the civic.

civic is low on vfm quotient....though the civic e is cheaper than corolla 1.8 g but it skimps out on a hell lot of equipments ....just compare the 1.8 g and 1.8 v of civic and altis will be having more equipments !!!! it depends on what type of car you like to drive....take a td and decide !!!

As you go higher up the chain the choice of car is much more personal. As nobody has made any adverse comments about any of the cars (except may be the tendency of the Civic to bottom) you take your pick. Both are excellent cars built with attention to quality. One point worth inquiring will be the reputation of the dealerships with respect to service. That may be the deciding factor, if there is a big difference.

I'm really confused about Skoda Octavia. To which segment does it belong?

C segment buyers do not consider it thinking it is a segment above and the C+ segment buyers don't take it into consideration.

The Octavia has been superseded globally by what we are sold as Laura. It is dated and because of the poor service Skoda has been taking a hit. What keeps it going is the phenomenal economy. Also, in this segment there are not too many good diesels.

As you go higher up the chain the choice of car is much more personal. As nobody has made any adverse comments about any of the cars (except may be the tendency of the Civic to bottom) you take your pick. Both are excellent cars built with attention to quality. One point worth inquiring will be the reputation of the dealerships with respect to service. That may be the deciding factor' date=' if there is a big difference. [/quote']

I have been visiting Honda dealer Fortune Honda in Lucknow for the past 10 years...they know me personally and I know what to expect. Very helpful and courteous staff.

As far as toyota dealer is concerned..Sunny Toyota, I have not heard any complaints yet. The staff seem courteous over the phone when I called to check the prices and even offered to send a car home for a TD, which I declined.

is any one know when the facelift civic is going to be launched.A s the dealer sundaram honda in hyd tolod its take time may be in june as first they have to clear the stocks of 08 model.i booked city s but later cancelled as with alloys,cd palyers,fog lamps its coming around 10lac.now iam waiting for the new face lift civic.can any altis gl owners can tell hwz the car is any problems

is any one know when the facelift civic is going to be launched.A s the dealer sundaram honda in hyd tolod its take time may be in june as first they have to clear the stocks of 08 model.i booked city s but later cancelled as with alloys' date='cd palyers,fog lamps its coming around 10lac.now iam waiting for the new face lift civic.can any altis gl owners can tell hwz the car is any problems

[/quote']

no problems with altis its a good car .. with good features ... more features than the civic

Kushal: I am considering Altis GL. I took a test drive, interiors and features were good, engine was powerful for slow speed pickups (did not try on high speed) and generally ok on most points. Only concern which I felt was that car feels very light weight and road grip is not there even on light speeds which scares me.

Have you felt any problems with the Altis on this front or any other problem?

I agree with sgiitk that car choice is a personal matter. I find Altis a better VFM and with more features than Civic, which now feels dated. Also I dont like the snobbish attitude of Honda sales people.

If I go for automatic, then I may buy City -automatic.

4 year warranty + road side assistance being offered by Honda is good point.

even i felt altis was very light during driving, i think its due to electric steering.The pick up form 0-60 was quick,form then it was some wat sluggish compared to civic.altis looks robust,civic very delicate as a sports car.

Kushal: I am considering Altis GL. I took a test drive' date=' interiors and features were good, engine was powerful for slow speed pickups (did not try on high speed) and generally ok on most points. Only concern which I felt was that car feels very light weight and road grip is not there even on light speeds which scares me.

?

Have you felt any problems with the Altis on this front or any other problem?

?

I agree with sgiitk that car choice is a personal matter. I find Altis a better VFM and with more features than Civic, which now feels dated. Also I dont like the snobbish attitude of Honda sales people.

?

If I go for automatic, then I may buy City -automatic.

4 year warranty + road side assistance being offered by Honda is good point.
[/quote']

Well the civic has a heavy steering and a stiff suspension.. so it surely has better high speed handling than the altis as there is a slight body roll in altis due to softer suspension. but when we talkt about such high speed handling i dont think in our country we have roads to drive on such speed except night drives.. hence the handling issue is only for street racers.

Coming to ur point 'the car feels light weight' well as our friend said its steering is very light and this is wht gives the feel that u dont have grip,but i dont think there are issues with handling, also the car doesnt feel fast.. i mean u feel 60 when doin 80.. if u try driving on bad roads ul notice that u can feel the pot holes on the steering in a civic and i think cabin noise is more in civic..

n frankly i felt civic steering is bit too heavy

altis has a royal touch to it n civic has a sporty touch.. n yes civic is few millisecond faster smiley19.gif but 20-80 altis has the advantagesmiley1.gif

Toyota Corolla Altis      Honda Civic

Performance     1.8G     1.8S (MT)

0-60 kph (sec)     4.6     4.49

0-100 kph (sec)     10.42     9.59

Top speed (kph) n/a     205

20-80 kph (m)     10.99     12.23

40-100 kph (m)     15.82     16.37

the mileage on altis is better.

kaushal:i heard that altis brakes not as powerfull as civic.is the altis engine is buzzy & i heard that the black n white colours coming in few months time.wats ur car colour.Can we get the below pic front grill in india.with that grill its looks better thean civic.

Toyota-Corolla_Sedan_2009_wallpaper_01.j

I had to decide in between a Civic and a Corolla uptil yesterday. Test drove them both, buying the civic hands down.

The only glitch is, I don't know if the facelifted model which's to be launched(?) 'll have different alloys than the ones which're  being offered currently. If somebody could answer this question, I'd be grateful. I don't give a mouse's posterior about the fron grill or a USB audio port or new tail lamps, but the alloys are a deciding factor for me. I don't get rims from anybody but the manufacturer.

If there's no new alloys, I shall be buying the car tomorrow, as it takes a few days to get the finance thing sorted out with the bank and the free insurance I'm getting on a 2008 model stands offered until the end of this month.

The facelift civic which is launched in thailand the the same what we get in a month time.according to magazine reviews the alloys are going to be change.see the below pic.the alloys may be look like the same as the thailand version or it may be change.

JDM-Honda-Civic-Facelift-0-Large.jpg

kaushal:i heard that altis brakes not as powerfull as civic.is the altis engine is buzzy & i heard that the black n white colours coming in few months time.wats ur car colour.Can we get the below pic front grill in india.with that grill its looks better thean civic.

NO , Altis has better brakes. It also has larger discs which makes braking distance shorter and reduces braking time ..

abt the buzzy engine i have not driven the car above 3000rpm and i didnt find ny such noise.. may be on higher rpm its buzzy..

the pic is beautiful car is looking awesome i think u can get the grill custom made.. and its not just the grill its the bumper also which is contributing to the looks so u might want to modify that toosmiley1.gif i have a silver Altis

I got a call from honda one to one customer car,they yold the 09 productions has already been started and black,cabonz colors are avaible for booking,white colour will be available by end of march.But when i enquired about the facelift version they told as they have no official information about the same & there is no chance of facelift version before may,as the 09production is of the current civic only.i

Today i got a call from honda ONE2ONE customer care.They told the production of 09 model has already been started & black,bronz colours are available for booking,but the white colour will be available by march end.But when i asked about the face lift version of civic, they told tehy have no official information about the same & there no chance of face lift civic before may end,because the 09production is of the current civic.Can anybody one the exact launch month of civic.june is too long,i think its better to go for altis gl.