Durango Dude

To all Two Stroke fans....

Two strokes are fun to drive and simple in maintenance. But their days are numbered. Only TVS Scooty and a few other makes sell as new  2stroke s this day  in 2007. Most have been phased out. The mightier RD 350 was the best- My 1990 Yamaha RX 100 still competes with Pulsars on the road.

RX is no comparison to RD, RD would last go all the way up to 160kmph, not bad for a 75 vintage. I know a RX in proper condition would go all the way up to 100kmph, btw, I have had so called high performance 4 strokes, started with Yamaha FZR-750, progressed to FXR-1000 and finally now own a RC-45, I will repeat, 4 stroke have no fun factor, are plumper top heavy and do not have a 2 stoke's acceleration or power, neither the excellent power to weight ratio which also translates to good handling, its basic science, 2 strokes make power every cycle, 4 strokes every alternate cycles, thats no perception there, thats theory. Also the RX would blow out any of today's 4 stroke pedal less 100 and 150cc mopeds being passed off as motorcycles, Yamaha also sold for a limited time a 150CC version of it which would blow away the so called pretender 2 valve 200cc+ four strokes.Gurkha2007-11-01 21:03:28

The only thing a two stroke lacks compared to a 4 stroke is torque at low end of the rpm, thats why the power delivery in a four stroke is linear compared to a 2 stroke, but the 2 stroke will make up for it at higher rpm with its explosive power and if its equipped with technology like YPVS Yamaha used then its quite tractable as well. The lighter less top heavy 2 strokes will also handle better so even with the non linear power delivery, it will always retain its advantage.