new_passion

Will Grande-Punto/Jazz be able to compete to Swift

I am planning to buy a new car. Budget is max 6Lacs. Priorities are

good drive-ability in city as well as on highways with good interiors

and comfort. So far whatever is available in the market SWIFT ZXi looks

to be a good option but curious about Grande-punto. Will it suffice my

requirements? Is it worth waiting for it? Do you really feel FIAT will

be successful this time as Linea doesn't seem to doing well as expected? Also ASS of Maruti is difficult to beat...

@Nimesh- Kind request to refrain from advicing on M800 when a buyer has budget of 6 lacs. Hope you were joking!!!

New_passion-1st of all GP and Jazz are in premium hatchback segment along with i20 and fabia. Unless pricing of GP is in Swift territory it would nt be right to compare Swift with them.

There are threads on GP & Jazz. It would have been better if you had posted in those threads, if your running is above 1000km/ m then it would be better to opt for diesel- Swift vdi/ GP. If its below that you can safely opt for the petrol . If its petrol my 2 cents go for Honda jazz expected in May/ June 09.

The Honda Jazz will do very well in the petrol segment-perhaps it will beat the competition hollow.

I keep my opinion reserved for the Punto diesel. It is a lovely car with a robust build quality, but again only hope that Fiat India does not mess up with it this time.The Tata dealers are not providing backing the desirable and upto the mark care for Fiat (Linea included). We expect them to perform better.

Go for maruti suzuki 800. It's a great car. It has better interiors than swift and punto. Also you will save 3.5 lakhs. Buy it and you will see admiration follow.

at the first instance i thought that nimesh mittal has typed it wrong as m800 and later i came to know that he really recommends m800. Even though m800 is good car what why at this point of time!!!that too for a guy who is ready to shell out 6L. I really didnt understand why nimesh suggested m800.

@Nimesh- Kind request to refrain from advicing on M800 when a buyer has budget of 6 lacs. Hope you were joking!!!

New_passion-1st of all GP and Jazz are in premium hatchback segment along with i20 and fabia. Unless pricing of GP is in Swift territory it would nt be right to compare Swift with them.

There are threads on GP & Jazz. It would have been better if you had posted in those threads' date=' if your running is above 1000km/ m then it would be better to opt for diesel- Swift vdi/ GP. If its below that you can safely opt for the petrol . If its petrol my 2 cents go for Honda jazz expected in May/ June 09.

[/quote']

In wat respects it is not fair to compare Swift ZXI with GP or Jazz. I am specifically looking for a petrol car. It has got all the features which any car have. It will be great if you can be more specific and comment on the differences.

There are threads on GP & Jazz. It would have been better if you had posted in those threads' date=' if your running is above 1000km/ m then it would be better to opt for diesel- Swift vdi/ GP. If its below that you can safely opt for the petrol . If its petrol my 2 cents go for Honda jazz expected in May/ June 09.

[/quote']

In what respects it is not fair to compare swift ZXI with GP or Jazz. It has got all the features which a premium car should have. I am specifically looking for a petrol car. Could you please be lil more specific and elaborate on the differences.

Do you really feel FIAT will

be successful this time as Linea doesn't seem to doing well as expected? Also ASS of Maruti is difficult to beat...

I think that Linea does well now. And yeah Maruti's A.S.S. is difficult, but Linea's spares are priced competitively. I've a price list comparison for some common parts.

In wat respects it is not fair to compare Swift ZXI with GP or Jazz. I am specifically looking for a petrol car. It has got all the features which any car have. It will be great if you can be more specific and comment on the differences.

Its not fair to compare right now, since prices of GP & Jazz arent out. But obviously they would carry premium over Swift - more space, more features, better interiors. So are you willing to wait for Gp /Jazz launch?

new passion, can you share your requirement and kind of usage of your new car, if its morely for city usage, you can have a look at new i20 from hyundai which has all rich features and of the best found in a hatchback, more spacious and new car as compared to swift.CHEERS!!!

Well if 6 lacs is your budget then it will be better if you can wait for Jazz and GP.

Do check out i20' date=' it's a good car for city use.[/quote']

As far as I heard from the people taken the test drive, this engine is not powerful for i20. My usage will mostly be city and occasionally on highways. Because of its engine performance, I am reluctant for i20.

Lol!!' date='

You said, Linea have no hopes???

And you are comparing GP/JAZZ with swift????

Dude, you dint get your salary bonus last month from MSIL? Plot busted sales manager...

[/quote']

I never said Linea has no hopes. My only worry is its Petrol engine, which according to many people has not enough torque to carry 5 people esp at low speeds. If that is the case, can we expect GP will not have this problem? I am here to seek people's advice. As somewhere I am not myself convinced for spend 6L+ for Maruti Swift and looking for a better alternative.

new passion' date=' can you share your requirement and kind of usage of your new car, if its morely for city usage, you can have a look at new i20 from hyundai which has all rich features and of the best found in a hatchback, more spacious and new car as compared to swift.CHEERS!!![/quote']

My requirements are :

-Good responsive engine

-Better interiors and suspension

-Less maintenance cost

-Usage mostly in City occasionally on Highways

-Petrol Car

Budget <6.5L

i20 engine is not powerful enough.

I never said Linea has no hopes. My only worry is its Petrol engine' date=' which according to many people has not enough torque to carry 5 people esp at low speeds.

[/quote']

I have test driven the petrol linea and ready to book it too. It is a great family sedan and don't believe the specs on paper because on road they prove out to be something different.

There is no car with better response engine other than the swift if you want a hell of a response then the Palio 1.6lt sport an option also the Fabia 1.2lt HTP is premium car but with i20 comparo i20 is more powerful .Take a thorough test drive of i20 or else wait for Jazz and mind it I believe that it will cost over 6.8lakhs Honda snoooooooooob value!

My requirements are :-Good responsive engine-Better interiors and suspension -Less maintenance cost-Usage mostly in City occasionally on Highways-Petrol CarBudget <6.5Li20 engine is not powerful enough.

At 6.5l, If you don't want i20, then wait for Honda Jazz. Or have a look at Fabia, great build and quality.

swift for performance,sporty looks,brilliant engine.fabia for comfort,space.jazz is a small family car cannot be compared with swift zxi.swift is for sporty look.

pics: indianautoblog.com

honda-jazz-interior-photo.jpg

351746632_0ecbd7dc13_o.jpg

honda_jazz_india_200914.jpg