Sign in to follow this  
rki2007

Are the indian 2 wheeler makers innovative?

What has happened to the indian two wheeler makers.

Lets take hero honda first.. For how many years will they intend to continue the passion with new names like passion plus, passion pro and the splendour with new names as  spendour nxg. spendour plus..... bla bla bla?

As far the bajaj is concerned  xcd 135cc, platina 125cc, and the pulsar150,180,220 and i think the bajaj intention is to increase the cc of pulsar till 2000cc may be that may happen in 2025, until then bajaj has no ideas to design a new model.smiley19.gif

even at these repeatitive models coming into the market , a new bike from yamaha FZ 16 is great relief and good thing to see!!!!!

There is noting creative or innovative with Indian bike manufacturers. They all just copy and mimic the characteristics of those high end sports bikes.

Also, bikes like Enticer, eliminator are all gimmicks. Just a copy and punny version of the real thing.

While, Enfield is still selling age old design and technology. Its a monopoly for enfield. There is no other choice than the bullet.

Even if something new and innovative comes in. Like the Hero honda street. Not many buy. Many dont wanna be the odd one out, or its just peer pressure.

Look at this bike. Its called the T-REX. Lol!!

f1479.jpg

hey rki2000....

I dont know also what is happening with the indian bike manufacturers, they are not innovating...they keep adding some little stuff to the bikes but no big changes at all!!

Definately Yamaha refreshed the indian mind by bringing these two new great bikes to our market! Despite being great looking they also provide us with great technology and quality!!

One side we have Bajaj whose hobby is to launch new models every month. On the other hand we have HH, who don't change models for years. But things are changing. Yamaha has launched two new bikes and they belong to all new categories(One is a proper sports bike and another a naked Street bike). Followed by Suzuki, GS150R is great actually. It is fast, FE and looks pretty good too(But front reminds Pulsar). I heard that Honda is launching a new 150cc bike and Kawasaki is set to arrive here. So we can expect some innovative changes from our Bike manufacturers in the coming days.

We still dont have a 300cc sports bike to India's credit! still working around the 150, 200cc range with 12 - 16 horses!

Enfield is gradually into innovative mode by launching the much improved Thunderbird Twinspark! its the only company having a bike with a big heart! like the Machismo 500!

My bet is on Yamaha India only! I hope someone there is reading us!