peterjp

SX4 ZXI V/s LInea Emotion Pack

Frankly speaking i would suggest you to wait for some more time before booking a SX4.There are rumours of SX4 with better interiors and maybe a Diesel. The interior trim of SX4 is quite bad. Not worthy of 8 lacs.

Where SX4 scores over Linea petrol is better powerful engine, better A.S.S.

Linea s engines are tad underpowered , but its a brilliant package overall.

P.S.:-

Why not look at base version of New Honda city?

Frankly speaking i would suggest you to wait for some more time before booking a SX4.There are rumours of SX4 with better interiors and maybe a Diesel. The interior trim of SX4 is quite bad. Not worthy of 8 lacs.

Karan, from where did you get this info and what should be the expected date?

So you want him to not buy a car for 5-6 months?

I would suggest you to go forward with your choice of SX4. Though I like Linea and personally myself would have gone for Linea Petrol (which I will book in a few weeks) but like I said SX4 is also a good car and is a good Value for money.

Also fuel efficiency of Linea is better than the SX4's. An owner of petrol linea on team bhp is getting around 11.xx km/l in city driving which i think is very good for a car of that size and weight.

Guys come on stop it .

I don't think there is going to be interior upgrade and fiat will not permit diesel to SX4 for now ,it doesn't want to create fiat slaughter again.

Also after ANHC sx4 is seen as more VFM and dealers say it is this to which people are flocking showroom which were empty for sx4 since past months.

Guys come on stop it .

I don't think there is going to be interior upgrade and fiat will not permit diesel to SX4 for now ' date='it doesn't want to create fiat slaughter again.

[/quote']

I dont see whats wrong in passing info here. Well only time will tell whether ur info or my info comes out true. From inside info of MSIL, SX4 diesel is indeed being tested in MSIL plant. So im pretty confident on its launch in near future.

I have been driving my first car(m800 MPFI) for the last six years and am keen on getting a sedan within the budget of about 8 lakhs. SX4 was what I had in mind for the past 1 year. Just wanted some mor einfor based on feedback.

Some people have mentioned that mileage in ZXI is lower because of large tyres and could give better FE if tyre size used in VXI is put in.

Does this actually mean VXI gives a better FE than ZXI of SX4?

By ACI data fuel economy of SX4 is compaeable to all petrol Sedans except ANHC. I dont have the mag handy right now but as far as i remeber Verna petrol is lower and Fiesta petrol is marginally higher than SX4 in city. Also none of my friends who own a SX4 have said that they get a mileage of 9. Most of them claim it to be 11-12.

I would just say that go with SX4 for the simple reason that its a maruti. You wont face any ownership problems how many new models they might bring. You can not trust fiat so early. It was going great guns after the palio was launched but in less than a period of 3 years they were almost ready to pack their bags and go.

I would just say that go with SX4 for the simple reason that its a maruti. You wont face any ownership problems how many new models they might bring. You can not trust fiat so early. It was going great guns after the palio was launched but in less than a period of 3 years they were almost ready to pack their bags and go.

It means if SX4 would have been a FIAT, then you would have not suggested it. You are recommending it just because it's a Maruti. It means you look at the manufacturer only rather than the product. By your words every Maruti has to be good without caring whether the actual product is worth or not.

It means if SX4 would have been a FIAT' date=' then you would have not suggested it. You are recommending it just because it's a Maruti. It means you look at the manufacturer only rather than the product. By your words every Maruti has to be good without caring whether the actual product is worth or not.

[/quote']

I am just comparing the two. When the question comes to a fiat car you have to look at the manufacturer because the name of the car is not LINEA its FIAT LINEA. If it had been any other manufacturer question would have been different. Say had it been a hyundai versus maruti i would have seen the overall value of the car.

I am not biased for maruti. I have recommended i10 and i20 over a-star and swift respectively to many people because i have found that they are good cars with a good service backup which i am not sure of with fiat.

As a car i feel both are very good and aggresively priced cars and there is no doubt that linea is a stunner. I just want him to take a decision in which there is no chance of him regretting taking that decision.

@peter

one of my neighbours just got a zxi model of sx4 some days back for 7 lakh on road noida after availing the ongoing discounts and some bargaining. I suggest you do the same. You might get some accessories free also

It means if SX4 would have been a FIAT' date=' then you would have not suggested it. You are recommending it just because it's a Maruti. It means you look at the manufacturer only rather than the product. By your words every Maruti has to be good without caring whether the actual product is worth or not.

[/quote']

I am just comparing the two. When the question comes to a fiat car you have to look at the manufacturer because the name of the car is not LINEA its FIAT LINEA. If it had been any other manufacturer question would have been different. Say had it been a hyundai versus maruti i would have seen the overall value of the car.

I am not biased for maruti. I have recommended i10 and i20 over a-star and swift respectively to many people because i have found that they are good cars with a good service backup which i am not sure of with fiat.

As a car i feel both are very good and aggresively priced cars and there is no doubt that linea is a stunner. I just want him to take a decision in which there is no chance of him regretting taking that decision.

Buddy, suppose if a Ferrari is officially launched in India and you have the money to buy it. Will you not buy it just because it is owned by FIAT? Because it is Fiat only who can bring it to India and soon will launch both Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in India.

Buddy' date=' suppose if a Ferrari is officially launched in India and you have the money to buy it. Will you not buy it just because it is owned by FIAT? Because it is Fiat only who can bring it to India and soon will launch both Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in India.

[/quote']

If by any chance i had the money to buy a ferrari i would not be concerned about its after sales service. There are people who own a ferrari in india even though fiat has not brought it yet