vibhor

Has the time come for Skoda to give Octy facelift?

Hello Friends!

After seeing so many recent launches and facelifts of cars in this growing competition between carmakers, I was thinking why Skoda is still behind with its ageing octavia?icon_scratch.png

However, Skoda will be launching its new genration Superb and Laura soon but why to left Octy, or maybe they have some secret plans for octy too!Who knows!suspect.gif

I remember, I read a statement of a skoda official sometime back in which he said that currently we don't have any plans to refresh octy because even after no facelift since its launch its still selling very well.

But now I think that its sales graph is going down and i feel that the time has came, Skoda India needs to give a nice facelift to octy so that it can survive in this competition, What you saysmiley25.gif

Vibhor
vibhor2009-02-25 09:21:57

yup vibhor its high time skoda india should cum up with a face lift octy...recently i ws in hyderabad and the cars i could only see is octy.. more thn 30% of the pple in hyderabad r using octy because of its high effiency so a new facelift will certainly be a plus point for the company...

..... i ws in hyderabad and the cars i could only see is octy.. more thn 30% of the pple in hyderabad r using octy because of its high effiency 

a. Please write in either the Queens or American English. sms language is banned.

b. 30% I will be surprised. It may be more like one tenth of that. Otherwise the number of Octavia's in Hyderabad is more than the entire production of the marquee! One expects members to be more responsible.

sgiitk2009-02-25 09:48:17

Laura is a facelift to octi globally.

Not really a facelift.. the Laura is actually the new model of the Octavia line. Worldwide the Laura is called Octavia and it replaced the old model. In India they wanted to sell both so they renamed the new model as Laura.

Its high time they kill the Octy now. Its showing its age and does'nt do much for the company's image.

Well i think either they should bring the Octy down to 7.5-8.5lacs OTR or they should place the current laura(stripped down version) at octy's place and facelifted better laura at higher segment....Although Octy is a good vehicle but its long time in tooth...And i dont think that skoda is selling this car in good numbers may be still in big cities probably metros but not overall...

I think its too late to give the Octavia a facelift, they have not done even a minor change to its exterior in the last 7 years it's been selling in India so I don't think they should do it now. Even if they do its hardly going to sell. Plus there are hardly any new Octavia's on the road so people have stopped buying it but I think Skoda will sell it, till it can. But what a sweet handling car it is!