peterjp

Best sedan below 8 lakhs

You can go for Linea Petrol or SX4.

I guess both give identical FE (around 12-13 overall).

Please don't buy Diesel as your usage does not justify Buying Diesel.

Petrol for 12000-15000km a year.

Diesel for 18000-24000km a year.

go for fiesta 1.6 s Its the best car below 8lakhs.It has performance,driving pleasure,features.it gives around 9-10 km in city.The only concerned is the re sale value.If you can strech a bit go for the new honda city but with all the frills like alloys,fog lamps,cd player its around 9.5 to 10.Fiesta at 7.70lakh on road has all the features.

If u have petrol in mind just for the Old City GXi , There nothing better than that .Also u may get a good discount.

Only thing u will be not finding is Airbags and ABS.

If u are majority city driver that should not matter , else if security is concern look for the ones with Airbags .

after reading the review in the mag i took the fiesta 1.6S for a drive,i immediately fell in love with the car,i didnt find a reason to hate it,the happy revving engine and the handling are just wow!for some time i was wondering why should i spend more money on Vtec when u have >/=  fun with 1.6S?!? only back drop i think is the dimensions of the car it is not all that roomy as the rivals such as city or the verna,go with this car only if ya love driving! and another consideration is its due to replacement some time next year.

I would suggest Fiat Linea Petrol.

Looks - Linea is awesome

Comfort - Linea is quite spacious than the rivals and seats are very comfy

Fuel Economy - Petrol sedans in this sgment have identical fuel economy figures

Low maintenance costs - Spares are cheap and not at all expensive and service will be greatly improved

I would suggest Fiat Linea Petrol.

Looks - Linea is awesome

Comfort - Linea is quite spacious than the rivals and seats are very comfy

Fuel Economy - Petrol sedans in this sgment have identical fuel economy figures

Low maintenance costs - Spares are cheap and not at all expensive and service will be greatly improved

As already mentioned by Mehul too, Linea s Petrol aint or enthusiast. It surely runs out of breath. Fiesta S seems to be more VFM if A.S.S is not a criteria.

Before deciding just remember

FORD, FIAT, GM, TATA

inka quality se nahi hai koi nata

customer satisfection inko nahi ata

inki car kharido jaise pada gal par chata

I have owned car from all these Their cars are high on maintenece low on quality and very low on resale.

Trust on Maruti, Hyndai, Toyata and Honda

well said vikas...

but i guess fiat is trying to improve...

i hate ford(too expensive to own) and tata(quality is sub standard)..

GM is good..we can see it in their upcoming models as well as in existing ones..

but yes..i would say..TOYOTA,HONDA and MARUTI are the best

Your observations are really appreciable.

GM cars too are very high on maintenence, they are not atall trliable. I own a Optra and a corsa sail too. Both of them are more demanding at just 50000 kms then Innova at 140000 kms.

Best choice is the SX-4 or the Fiesta. If you are ready to see used car's: best bet is the Honda City ZX, should get some good deal's on it. Accent and Ikon are on the way out, they'll not be there even for another 5 year's; I would not recommend them. If possible that your budget can be stretched then the base Honda City would be an excellent buy.

@nimesh: <quote:Low maintenance costs - Spares are cheap and not at all expensive and service will be greatly improved.unquote> Aren't we jumping the gun? That only time can tell.
Durango Dude2009-03-06 17:16:45

so guys you all say ford is cheaper to maintain, their spares and services are high, how abt verna or sx4, if budget permits go for honda city gxi best of the lot, though new honda city is out, still this one will serve you good, else go from maruti or hyundai.

OKE soooooo lets have a look at the options

am considering onoy petrol car as u have low running

considering  Priorities are

a) Looks

B) Comfort

c) Fuel economy

d) Low maintenance costs

SX4--> its old now , low maintenance and not so good fuel economy

Fiesta--> its a ford , low fuel economy and good looks, good for some sporty driving, bad resale value

linea--> well gr8 looksfair fuel economy, low on performance, good package

Verna--> petrol variant is no good, its UGLY, bad resale value

city--> great mileage, great power,great looks, low on maintenance, good comfort + reliability of a honda, best reasale value

And other cars like ikon, accent, aveo are not even worth considering and dezire is not liked by you.

hmmm so with most number of green points city is clear winner it costs 8.40 on road Thane(mumbai) this is the E(base) model which was not there earlier. i would highly recommend u to strech ur budget and go for the city.

MY PREFERENCEs

1. CITY
  2. LINEA
  3. SX4
  4. FIESTA
  5. VERNA

LOOKING FOR FUEL ECONOMY GO WITH FORD FIESTA.

LOOKING FOR STYLE & NAME OPT HONDA CITY

LOOKING FOR VFM TRY( FIAT LINEA OR MARUTI DEZIRE& FIESTA)

IF LIKE BIG THEN CHECK XYLO

OPTIONS ARE MANY BUT U HAVE TO CHOOSE ACCORDING TO UR NEED & ABOVE DIRECTIONS

[if you want to spend 8 Lakhs on a car and are driving only 600 km per month why are you concerned about fuel economy?. Your fuel bill will be max  Rs. 2500 per month!  Maintenance cost also will not be very high.

If looks, handling, ride qualiity and safety are a priority they go in for Ford Fiesta ZXi or Fiat Linea (Emotion). New Honda City is above the  budget.

Local factors.play a major role in the decision making process. Quality of roads in your vicinity especially potholes and speed breakers;  the traffic conditions (metropolis or small town, do you have a lot of cyclist, rickshaws, trucks etc.) and most importantly the reputation of the service station. Ask around and take a few test drive before deciding.

Congrats peter..what was the deal that you got and when will you get your delivery? I am planning to buy the car though not immediately. I advise you to not go for leather option bcos for that difference if you need a leather you can esily get it from even stanley and much better quality.

Also I read in another forum that the problem of protuding rear handrest has been fixed. Can you comment more on that?

Please post the pics on delivery.smiley4.gif and once again congratulations

congrats peter. for your new sedan........  when you get delivery please post pics of your car..... we will wait for your post.....

once again many many congratulations

well sx4 is one of the best all rounders in its class...all others excel in only one or two aspects !!

anhc-pure performance,exteriors

fiesta-excellent handling thats it

verna-excellent ride ie over pothholes and that crazy diesel engine

linea-excellent build,good ride and handling and equipments

sx4-good gc,easy for older people to sit,excellent vfm with equipments,good looking exterior(truly looks like a man),good handling,good a.s.s and easy on maintainance !!!!