ravisha

Buying used Corolla H5,2005

Hi Guys,

This is my first question I am posting to you all.

I have an offer in hand for used Coroola H5,2005 ran for 73,000Km,single owner,certified by Lanson Toyota for Rs 6Laks. Is it worth to buy it? or How much I can bargain? Please give your views to decide

After the launch of new Altis form of corolla, I think the value should be around 5.0 - 5.50 for 73k driven car. I personally feels that, it is better to have a used car which is driven for less than 50k. In Indian conditions, the car is prone to some problems after 50-60K kms. The maintenance will be bothering you a lot. However if you are Hard core fan of corolla and nothing less than corolla can satisfy you, you can go ahead after some negotiation. Instead I would go for a year old City ZX, which is driven for less than 15k at this price. It will give you perhaps all the things you have in corolla, plus a peace of mind for next 5 years. But you have to try hard for finding such car.  All the best.

By the way my wife wants to buy her first car.She selected Fabia 1.2 Elegance(Petrol).She likes it very much but she don't know the cost of keeping a Fabia.Please tell me the running cost that car.What is the FE? Is the car is good for women driving?? If any alternate choice for her, please tell.

Thanks

By the way my wife wants to buy her first car.She selected Fabia 1.2 Elegance(Petrol).She likes it very much but she don't know the cost of keeping a Fabia.Please tell me the running cost that car.What is the FE? Is the car is good for women driving?? If any alternate choice for her, please tell.

Thanks

I've replied to this que. in another thread by you anyways i will say again that Fabia will be heavy on wallet, Its better to opt for Hyundai i20 and that corolla offer, I think it is worth it 6lacs for a corolla H5 ('05)is ok, If you want you can bargain for few more thousand bucks less, but i feel that 73,000 Kms mileage is quite high, So if you want to buy this car then please before check its mechanicals etc or take a qualified mechanic with you.smiley1.gifvibhor2009-02-26 08:27:57

73000 kms is too much and you may have problems with the car after you buy. Generally if you want to buy an used car try to buy with less than 30,000kms on it which is an average mileage for 2.5 to 3 years old car. 73000 kms in 4 years is quite a lot. And 6 lakhs is too much for it.

73k kms for 2005 petrol car is a lot.Almost 19k per year.First of all the corolla has no market in the used car segment after the altis launch.6lakhs is very high for a 2005 h5 model.If the car is well maintained,single owner,with out accident bargain for 5.25,i think its a good deal.I got a quotation for 2005 h5 corolla 29000kms for 5.30 the car is excellent condition.6lakhs for 73k kms is pretty high.bargai n for the price.