ravisha

Fabia 1.2 Elegance

Hi Ravisha!

Skoda Fabia is a nice premium hatchback with nice features, but the only problem with it, as being a Skoda product it can be quite heavy on wallet, i both terms, as in buying and its maintinance.I would suggest you to look out for other new products such as Hyundai i20 which are quite cheaper and VFM than fabia,So please tell us your exact requirements and budget so that we can suggest a good car for you. :-)

Buy the current <March 2009> issue of ACI then read the editorial by Hormazd where he says <quote> "...overpriced Fabia is anything but good value."<unquote> And then go to the survey they have done on hatches in the same issue. Fabia is expensive to buy and maintain and sure to bomb at the second hand car market coz it's a 'petrol' skoda. Buying a petrol Skoda Fabia is an all round loss. Returns a mileage of some 9 kmpl, for an underpowered hatch is an "underwhelming" experience.

Don't buy the Fabia but if you are able to do expenditure in a small hatch then get the 1.4lt petrol motor atleast it has power and also projector lamps and better interiors.

I think Skoda has silently pulled out the 1.4 petrol and replaced with the 1.2. Previously, the 1.4 petrol came only with the elegance trim. In the recent ad's only the 1.2 HTP and 1.4 TDI are advertised. Skoda Fabia 1.2 elegance is the replacement for the 1.4 petrol motor, me think's. Have a look at the recent ad's.
Durango Dude2009-02-27 16:20:22

This price range is going to see many changes in next 5-6 months. I suggest you wait for that time. Seeing competiton maybe skoda will lower its prices or you might like the jazz or gp by that time. So if you can afford to wait I suggest you wait