Kunal D

Skoda Fabia vs. Swift Dzire diesel

Can any one provide info on the comparison between skoda fabia (elegance) & swift dzire diesel (zdi) in terms of performance, resale value and comfort...

Also let me know any other car than the above two.. FuelRunGod2009-03-08 10:33:09

hello kunal, welcome to autocarindia. The cars you have selected for comparision, one is a hatchback with premium pricing and another is a sedan. Performance dzire's multijet engine is a gem to drive, also its resale value is always going to be better as compared to skoda, but comfort wise skoda is better but not so refined as dzire, My choice go for swift dzire.

VFM,performance and maintenance, its maruti all the way, go for swift dzire which is better as compared to skoda, which is higher on maintenance and performance as compared to maruti, plus its resale value is also going to be lesser from maruti.CHEERS!!!

Your query sounds like should i have an Apple or Orange!

I own both the cars u mentioned since i have a big family. Both are used for completely different purposes. While the Dzire is used by my driver more for odd home jobs and ferrying kids to and fro from school, I use the Fabia myself to take to places where i cant take my bigger cars.

One thing I can say is Fabia feels more upmarket and solid to drive though i feel its over priced. Hope this helps.

shravan' date=' yes fabia is more spacious then dzire, but overall dzire is a better choice to opt for as also fiat's multijet is also much better then fabia's diesel engine.[/quote']

Yes,i do agree that swift dzire is the best.

Well you cant compare Fabia with Dzire as one is for entry sedan and one is rich mans hatch and once you get inside the Fabia i dont think that you will like Dzire howsoever powerful or Vfm it is....Its all depends on ones choice and you cant expect VFM and cheap maintenance with Skodas so forget it...