vibhor

Honda CR-V To cost 30lacs!!

Desperate times call for desperate measures; if Honda does that it'll dig it's own grave. They are probably testing how blindly Indian's crave for the Honda badge. They have been here long enough and haven't localised enough; given their model portfolio and sales figures are not all that large as say Maruti. This will also have an adverse effect on the price and sales of the Jazz. They can instead withdraw the CR-V instead of a hefty 30% hike in price. As such the New Honda City is not as 'big' a hit as Honda would have liked. Probably Honda has lost interest in the Indian market. Their trying to boost sale's by their desperate announcement.

As such the New Honda City is not as 'big' a hit as Honda would have liked. Probably Honda has lost interest in the Indian market. Their trying to boost sale's by their desperate announcement.

FYI, City has sold more than 12,000 units since Sept end launch. On a monthly average they selling 4000 cars of City alone. Could you mention what is 'big' hit in your dictionary???

Surely not the right time to increase prices by such huge margin. I see Chevy Captiva rejoicing most by this news. Hightime Honda puts the thinking cap on!

Its never a right time to increase the price by such a huge amount. If chevy captiva and mitsubishi outlander dont increase their prices i dont see a reason to buy a CRV.

But I have to say that though the City has managed to sell it has not quite recaptured the market because the sales of SX4 are still good because of their aggressive offers. If you bargain good then includig all offers you will be able to get a SX4 on road at 7 lakh in noida. That 1.8 lakh cheaper than the base City model. With linea coming Honda seriously has to think about its pricing and the premium they charge

In my opinion honda needs to seriously learn about localisation from Hyundai and suzuki.

Even Skoda has most of the parts imported. Havent heard a news about them increasing their prices

rahul18102009-02-28 11:46:22

Honda is planning to launch crv diesel by this year end,Might be a 2lac increase in the price.i dont think honda will increase crv to 30lac,if its so then the crv share will be eaten by outlander & the upcoming fortuner.

the hike in the price is just due to the increase in the price of the dollar..

as well as the higher duties honda has to pay..

and its not just about the city in india..

its about civics and accords as well as crvs too

civic has been hit badly by altis and diesel magnum..

accords have no competitors till now, but the auto market has been hit really bad by recession everywhere ehich led to hesiant buyers..n have a look at skoda superb

same is the case with crv...and to add spice on it, captiva has been a hit..

honda is suffering in india..

jazz will also be too pricy to be sold in good numbers..

Saturday, February 28, 2009

HSCI to increase CR-V price by 30%, will launch Accord V6 and Jazz soon

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) has announced it will increase the prices of its SUV, the CR-V, by about 30% in May this year. This increase would be to offset the effect of the devaluation of the Indian Rupee, which has made imports more expensive. Honda Siel is also likely to increase prices of its other cars by up to 5% over the next few months.

Like all other carmakers, HSCI is having to bear the brunt of the ongoing economic recession. The company has cut production by a massive 50% and has put the opening of its second plant (in Rajasthan) on indefinite hold.

However, HSCI remains committed to launching its first hatchback in the Indian market

@Karan Raheja: Where did you get your number's from? ANHC has never figured in the ACI top 10 sales's chart's since launch; have you noticed? I feel your nos are very optimistic, indeed. Honda themselves are not optimistic about their sale's figures and have scaled them down, for this year.

@Karan Raheja: Where did you get your number's from? ANHC has never figured in the ACI top 10 sales's chart's since launch; have you noticed? I feel your nos are very optimistic' date=' indeed. Honda themselves are not optimistic about their sale's figures and have scaled them down, for this year.

[/quote']

Ravi ji, Kindly look at Honda website for montly sales figures. I dont have to be optimistic here. Im just sharing the figures here.

Just for your reference :--

New Delhi, February 02: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India started the New Year on a positive note with sales showing an upward trend. The company sold 5,773 units in January 2009 as against 3,667 units sold in December 2008 showing a growth of 57.4%.

The sales of the New Honda City, deliveries of which started in November 2008 has shown a consistent growth of 17.6% during the period November 2008 - January 2009. The sales of Honda City stood at 12,233 units in Nov 08

I think there is some miss match city never made up to the top ten sales figure .Also if it were so popular then we could see many examples on the road but unfortunately the case isn't so..

Well i can see many City's on road now and Sx4's sales are continuously declining, i think that people have understood that its not worth spending 8lacs for a maruti car....And regarding CRV hike i think Honda has gone mad, devaluation in Rupee should affect many and not only Honda..I think slowly and by every product Honda is pricing their cars high like anything be it City, Civic, Accord or CRv, all have seen hikes whether its model change or anything..Its not good for Honda India..Rather than to make their presence even stronger, they are loosing on their grounds..

@Karan Raheja: Where did you get your number's from? ANHC has never figured in the ACI top 10 sales's chart's since launch; have you noticed? I feel your nos are very optimistic' date=' indeed. Honda themselves are not optimistic about their sale's figures and have scaled them down, for this year.

[/quote']

Ravi ji, Kindly look at Honda website for montly sales figures. I dont have to be optimistic here. Im just sharing the figures here.

Just for your reference :--

New Delhi, February 02: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India started the New Year on a positive note with sales showing an upward trend. The company sold 5,773 units in January 2009 as against 3,667 units sold in December 2008 showing a growth of 57.4%.

The sales of the New Honda City, deliveries of which started in November 2008 has shown a consistent growth of 17.6% during the period November 2008 - January 2009. The sales of Honda City stood at 12,233 units in Nov 08

Sorry Karan Ji' date=' I don't know why it hasn't figured in the ACI sale's chart's even once after the launch. I think ACI must have overlooked it. Very unlikely coz they already had a special supplement of the ANHC, Honda's is one of ACI's fav badge's.
[/quote']

Not too sure why ACI hasnt updated it on its sales charts. I think Fiat has lately become ACI s fav badge , we can see that from COTY awards( obv. Linea deserved it , but it wasnt launched in 08). Anyways i think only Toyota can stop Honda from over pricing their cars.

Desperate times call for desperate measures; if Honda does that it'll dig it's own grave. They are probably testing how blindly Indian's crave for the Honda badge. They have been here long enough and haven't localised enough; given their model portfolio and sales figures are not all that large as say Maruti. This will also have an adverse effect on the price and sales of the Jazz. They can instead withdraw the CR-V instead of a hefty 30% hike in price. As such the New Honda City is not as 'big' a hit as Honda would have liked. Probably Honda has lost interest in the Indian market. Their trying to boost sale's by their desperate announcement.

hey i saw your post in the mag(march '09) its very much true (fabia Vs  i20) but a richmans second car would be a sedan if i'm not wrong

i dont think any sane person will buy crv for 30 lakhs !!!! they could have increased prices by 1-2 lakhs but all of a sudden a 10 lakh price increase is too much...when crv has a good demand in india den y cant they start producing it in india thus nuetralising the price !!!!

Yup!True,Currently CR-V is the segment leader, If this is true its future is not bright in indian market and don't know why honda is taking such a step especially in market like india!