vibhor

Honda CR-V To cost 30lacs!!

Well i can see many City's on road now and Sx4's sales are continuously declining' date=' i think that people have understood that its not worth spending 8lacs for a maruti car....And regarding CRV hike i think Honda has gone mad, devaluation in Rupee should affect many and not only Honda..I think slowly and by every product Honda is pricing their cars high like anything be it City, Civic, Accord or CRv, all have seen hikes whether its model change or anything..Its not good for Honda India..Rather than to make their presence even stronger, they are loosing on their grounds..[/quote']

nt only sx4,due to the launch of new city every other car in its segment has just stopped selling....ask anyone and that person is buying the new city....sx4 is an excellent vfm car,you have equipment which are not their in many cars of its segment !!! i think its just a gimmick from honda to dupe people of their money !!!

Whats Gimmick in it..Honda has launched a product and thats selling well..May be Sx4 is Vfm car but still majority of people i have met who own Sx4, arent that satisfied with the car, somehow it doesnt give you the feeling of a good sedan..i dont know but many people have said me this..

nt only sx4' date='due to the launch of new city every other car in its segment has just stopped selling....ask anyone and that person is buying the new city....sx4 is an excellent vfm car,you have equipment which are not their in many cars of its segment !!! i think its just a gimmick from honda to dupe people of their money !!![/quote']

Sorry for goin OT:-

I too think SX4 is a real VFM. It did give some shock to City Zx. But again Honda overtook SX4. City inspite of being  1-1.5 lacs more than the SX4 is selling almost double that of SX4. I think Maruti needs to improve the interiors and give better rear seat ( with no bulge in middle). Other VFM sedan IMO is Fiesta S. Honda is obviously taking us for a ride. Those who want a reliable , refined engine with badge will go for City. If you need VFM and power Fiesta S wins hands down. I would like Toyota to bring the Vios soon!!

Next step for Maruti to boost sale's of it's SX-4 is to plonk in a diesel engine' date=' that should be a real hit with the "jantha".[/quote']

How would be the MJD Engine of Linea with 90BHP?

That will do wonders for SX4.

I know that raising the car prices has become mandatory for car manufacturers. But increasing the prices at a stage where the entire industry is struggling to recover the losses may prove to a hurdle for the Honda.

But they dont have any diesel tech of their own right..is the 1.9 you are talking about is MJD

yup mul are in talks with the fiat (developing a complete new motor to take on the verna)

But suzuki already uses a 1.6 engine sourced from fiat in other countries. why cant it do the same here?

Well i dont think that Fiat will let them use their 1.9l that easily as by that they are loosing their own market in india which is about to start a new innings..

I dont think that is the problem. Fiat has allowed Tata and Maruti to use it in their hatchs which compete against Palio.

Also General motors are co owners of this engine. Maruti can go to them for the engine also.