AshTheDash

Wheelchair Accesssible Cars

Hey Guys,

I am looking for information about cars that can be modified to be helpful to people using Wheelchairs.

I guess it has to be a MUV or a SUV only to get the weelchair inside.

Alternatively, is it possible to make the car seat movable so that it can be brought out and then slided inside or moved in.

If anyone knows any one in  or around Mumbai who does such modifications on cars, please do let me know.I am not sure if manufacturers in India take such bespoke orders.

A 7 seater Innova is what we are planning around...to make such mods in the second row passenger seats.

There was a guy in our society for him maruti had made such provision in the Omini they offered to do it in a Versa too but that was out of the budget .They did this modification free of cost but since he has got transferred so can't comment about his earlier mod his previous omini .I think a really good workshop can do such modification .FRG can help you in this I guess.

Hi

I am shweta from bby. I have wheelchiar accessiable car.It is modified in Versa. Your requirement of seat coming out n in is already done by Mr. Ferdi. He is excellent man...angel to me..i became so much independent by my versa car.. i can rown anywhere.You can get all the info on his website http://www.handicappedpeople.com

I am very sure this will help and end ur search...good luck!

Hi

I am shweta from bby. I have wheelchiar accessiable car.It is modified in Versa. Your requirement of seat coming out n in is already done by Mr. Ferdi. He is excellent man...angel to me..i became so much independent by my versa car.. i can rown anywhere.You can get all the info on his website http://www.handicappedpeople.com

I am very sure this will help and end ur search...good luck!

Looks like you got the exact answer yu needed from shwetarose.

I have seen a video in youtube, the car uses ramps to load wheelchairs.

The think, using a ramp will be the most basic way of getting in the wheel chair

jbond8302009-03-24 07:56:54

Dear Shweta,

Thank you for this information. This was exactly what I was looking for. I tried reaching Mr. Rodricks some times, but he hasn't answered his phone. I hope that I will be able to soon talk to him.

My uncle plans to get a Innova and use that for my cousin.