Just got new getz, and boy keeping those beige interiors is going to be very tough.

I would need to put cloth seat covers. Are there any brands or places in Bangalore that are specially good for that ( may get them custom stiched so that they fit nicely, or do the ready made once are good enough).

I think ready made seat covers are better you can ask your dealer about it as they can give you the best fitting cloth cover for your Getz .By the way which varient of Getz is it?

I never put seat covers on a new car. Might as well use what the vendor provides till they start showing their ago. I have gone eight years without problems. In the old days of the 'Inverted Bathtub ' (as named by Gurkha) the seats were rexine, so covers were mandatory if you did not want to burn yourself in the summer.

Once you put the covers you tend to abrade the original upholstery and may never be able to use it.

True getting the seat covers on after the originals have faded is a better idea. I have not gone in for covers on my CS and they seem to be doing absoultely fine. But the time has come for my Santro to go in for one as the seat cover has torn, actually. You see I am heavy and every time sliding in and out causes the cover to press against the base side support leading to a tear. Of course this has happened after 8 years.

Late to the topic but anyway thought I would give my suggestion. I agree with Sanjay sir, there is no point seat covers over orginal upholstry unless they are dirty or tearing. I have the originals still on my 5 year old Palio and they are fine. You just need to vacuum and shampoo them once in a year or two and they will look good and it costs just 600 for it.

Whatever seat cover you put they will anyway end up getting dirty.