Dr_SKN

Available car audio system

Hello friends..

Can you suggest me what different types of car audio systems ans speakers are available in indian market and which is supposed to be best for its price.. Friends i have really no idea regarding car music system so please help me out..

Thanking you. FuelRunGod2007-10-15 18:39:00

If you want VFM then go for JVC model of rs10k because it has blue tooth mp3 ipod connection etc... ,does go for its cheapest because the build quality is bad. You can go for Sony xplode series but Blaukpunt is better.

go for PINOEER head unit.

gor for compopnent speakers in front & heavy ones at rear,./ will give gud surround sound

ALPINE is the best for speakers.. but blaupunkt is also good.

DONT go for SONY.

uyou may add subwoofer & amp if you have the budget also.

identify what you ll play. like CD or USB or Ipod & then ask for head unit accrodingly.

Why alik.. Is sony explode not good..? Every one says its very good..

go for PINOEER head unit.

gor for compopnent speakers in front & heavy ones at rear' date='./ will give gud surround sound

ALPINE is the best for speakers.. but blaupunkt is also good.

DONT go for SONY.

uyou may add subwoofer & amp if you have the budget also.

identify what you ll play. like CD or USB or Ipod & then ask for head unit accrodingly.
[/quote']

Let me not comment about brand since I haven't really compared all of them to give you a correct information. For comparison you can try visiting site like cnet.com who really do the comparison betn brands and models and rate them with pros and cons. Just like Autocarindia does for cars! Not sure if it does similar comparison for car accessories.

About the feature I think you can consider a player which can play both audio CD and mp3 cd. Now there are players for which you can hook-in USB flash drive or ipod and play the songs stored in those devices! That is something you may find interesting.

Regarding the speaker, options you have are 2 3 or 4-way. I preffered 4 way.

Hope this helps. good luck 

The best head units are from Pioneer' date=' JVCs are good value but somehow after having owned one double DIN, I am not truly impressed with their sound.[/quote']

thank you gurkha,

but by saying head units do u mean the speakers or what? And all the brands i heard like snoy explod, kenwood, pioneer. Do they all provide music system (CD player) and speakers both? FuelRunGod2007-10-16 13:11:35

And prakash thank you for providing me that site.. I hv not seen it yet but i was searching for such a site.:-)

Note From Admin: Please do not use SMS/Chat lingo on the forum.
FuelRunGod2007-10-16 13:12:31

The best head units are from Pioneer' date=' JVCs are good value but somehow after having owned one double DIN, I am not truly impressed with their sound.[/quote']

thank you gurkha,

but by saying head units do u mean the speakers o wot? N all the brands i heard like snow explode,kenwood,pioneer.. R they all provide music system (CD player) n speakers both?

I meant the control unit, for amps and speakers, its subjective, I prefer the sonic signature of SONY Mobile ES series which is their high end, Xplod is striclty low end for SONY, Pioneer and Alpine for amp and for speakers and sub, its stictly Pioneer for me, your ears may like something else.

hello dr.

i dont think you would be utilising much of the system features & have much budget. take my advice.

(A) buy pioneer head unit (control panel that gets fixed in dashboard with control functions) range 5-7k

(B) good component speakers in 3-5 range blaupunkt or alpine in front

© good heavy speakers at rear for bass. again from blaupunkt or alpine. range 5-7k.

max u ll spend 15k & get awesome sound.

One more question friends.. If v ask the dealer to fix any branded audio system then does he fit all the necessary parts of a music system like amplifier,subwoofer etc of his own o v hv to ask him for these parts.. I mean if v buy a audio system does it include all these parts?

What is meant by Double Din system...

And also which is the cheapest head that can support aux in and usb input.

A unit that plays tapes and CDs both, they occupy space of two DIN units hence the name, double DIN. Cheapest head unit with aux in and USB support would be from SONY Xplod, there are cheaper imports but I would stay away from those.

Hey the best speakers are from JBL i dont know why people here didnt discussed about it...then alpine and blaupankt....i have installed it in my spark jbl front and rear speakers with jvc head unit with usb and aux-in costing rs.5400 and speakers costing me around 5500 and trust it has superb sound...