amit2009

I 20 Vs. Tata CS Petrol

Hi All,

I have recently joined this group and its really nice to see the evaluation of one and all towards every Indian Car.

Coming to the problem at Hand that I have, I am really confused between the buying between buying a Tata Indigo CS and I20. Initially, I was much Skeptical about the performance of tata petrol engine but had gone through a number of reviews in carwale.com from the indigo cs user who are actually in love with the car. I20 on the other hand there is nothing to worry about, but the only catch is investment dearer than one lac rupees. My running KM per month prompts me to purchase a petrol car. I have mentioned few parameters in the order of decreasing priority:

1) Space

2) FE

3) Maintenance

4) AC and defogging system

Please opine on the topic or suggest some another car that falls below 5 Lac Rupees.

actually hyundai's petrol is more refined than the tata's motor blast from the past santro is any day a better car than an indica petrol(not much appreciated). go with an i 10 or an swift vxi since both the hyundai and maruthi come with good performance,decent space, fuel economy (12 to 14 kmpl) and they are easy to pocket as of the maintenance and they come with good AC but you get the defogger only with the top end models 

Both car's a from different part's of the spectrum. One the cheapest sedan and the other a very expensive hatch. Though Indigo CS petrol will be very cheap to buy and has cute looks especially in red, it may not be that refined as the i20. I suggest you go for the i20 Asta with dual airbag's and ABS. I think the i20 has better space/ergonomics than the Indigo CS. I would go for a Tata product only due to budget constraint's, nothing else. Instead of the Indigo you can consider the Indica Vista<Fiat Engine> Safire petrol. Go for a TD of the Safire and i20 and decide.

Go for the indigo cs if you want the boot else its i20 which though is expensive but is great VFM and I can assure you more expensive are coming.

Another alternative would be either a swift or indica vista. You can also have a look at Logan if you want a sedan. It has better engine than indigo.

if want space,boot go for the indigo.The new indigo is about to launch in a month time or else go for the i20.Tata products are know for high maintanence.Check out the new indigi which is yet to be launched it has more power,more space,better features then the current one.

well amit, with your requirement, you can also have a look at hyundai accent executive which comes below 5L range, good boot space,comfortable and Hyundai ASS which are good too, also you can look at dzire petrol too.

indigo cs and i 20 fall in different segments. If boot space is important u can opt for Indigo cs. But the Tata cars are not refined when taking about the petrol engines. But its the cheapest among its rivals. You can consider the Accent executive. I really feel accent is vfm. It is available at throw away prices now.Accent can easily fit in your budget.

But indeed i20  is really a fantastic car. But check out it may not fit in your budget 

Thanks for your suggestions guys,

well Vijay, Accent is a good car but the only problem I foresee is that Hyundai is now only producing only one version of the same and they might discontinue this model.

DD, took a test ride of i20 and its actually a fabulous car, earlier i considered it to be an expensive car, but looking at the features that it has got even in the base model it is a value for money. The base model magna comes with an inbuilt stereo system which provides a cool look to the dashboard.

Vijay, Dzire petrol is also a very spacious car, with the tagmark of suzuki attached.

I must say that I am more confused than ever before   :)

tata's petrol cars is something not recommended as they are good with their diesel engines, i would suggest you to check out with dzire petrol, its a good car with good features available,though accent is available with one model, still good features are given by company alongwith, looks good too, test drive them and decide on your buy.CHEERS!!!

I'll second Durango D on this one - If you must look at a tata petrol and the boot doesn't matter - look at the vista petrol. The engine(borrowed from fiat) is way better than the one in the CS(a tata engine).

smiley1.gif there you go Amit - FRG has a simple answer for you.

We tend to confuse people with too many choices. IMO - it never hurts to have a little cash left over from the car purchase - because soon you'll be looking for ICE and accessories suggestions too.

PS: When you do come back with that question - we will take a second to congratulate you on your new buy - then we'll get down to confusing you again.

Hi, here are my choices in all the parameters:

1) Space

: Vista, I-20, CS

2) FE

: Vista / I-20, CS

3) Maintenance

: Vista / CS, I-20

4) AC and defogging system: I-20/Vista, Cs.

The other parameters that you did not opted in question:

Engine: I-20, Vista, CS.

Boot Space: CS, I-20, Vista.

VFM: Everybody has different perception but for me Vista / CS, I-20.

Overall Quality of car: I-20 Vista CS.

Performance: I-20, CS,  Vista

So on all aspects important in taking decision, CS petrol is last option, except boot space.  I-20 & Vista scores more over CS. Pl take a decision giving weightage to your priorities and decide. If you were considering diesel, the priorities might differ drastically. This is my personal opinion.

All the best.