sujith3120

indigo cs TDI or used Logan diesel

sujith, well try dicor indigo cs, which is a common rail engine, better,silent and efficient as compared to your old indica. Used logan is something i wont recommend as unless its of someone known yes one can think of going for it but diesel engines are better to opt for new car, indigo cs dicor,ls or lx your choice, now comes with new interiors.CHEERS!!!

dont even think of buying the crappy car indigo....better buy a ford ikon tdci...why are you buying a logan when in a little more money can buy you a ford ikon tdci...the tata cars with tdi engine sounds like a truck and have such low pickups and are a cause of traffic jams in cities !!!!!

Well try for Ikon TDci ..But why not new logan i think many attractive offers are going on Logan so base one might just fit you budget..

Although just think whether boot is needed, coz Vista is really good car and sedan like space and comfort just without Boot..

the tata cars with tdi engine have such low pickups and are a cause of traffic jams in cities !!!!!

Please don't say something unbearable and undigestable. If it had low pickup, why are People living in Metros buying Indigos?

I agree it is not having the torque identical to some rivals such as Fiesta (I compared to Fiesta because Fiesta has 68BHP in comparison to Indigo's 70bhp).

Now Fiesta develops 68BHP and around 16Kgm of Torque.

Indigo develops 70BHP and around 13.5Kgm of Torque.

DiCOR produces 70BHP and around 14.27Kgm of Torque.

But Award Winning Multijet produces 75BHP and around 19.38Kgm of Torque.

There is difference between Tata and other Manufacturers but I disagree that Indigos lack Power and are cause of Traffic Jams.

Sujith,

You say the monthly usage is 1000kms. Means 12000kms annually.

So in my opinion you dont deserve Diesel. Petrol is Best for 1000kms monthly.

Unless you want Quietness of Multijet (I dont recommend DiCOR since we have Indigo XL DiCOR and it sounds rough similar to TDI).

So i would advise you to go for Indigo CS GLX (I think it retails for under 5lakh in Bangalore Source ACI Buyer's Guide).

Its Silent, 1000kms Monthly Mileage is Justified by CS Petrol.

the fact is that no body, almost nobody buys a petrol car from tata, coz the company always gives step-mother treatment to its petrol variants and when it comes to re-sale i'm sure it will be almost impossible to sell a petrol tata car , and even if i do, then the value will be really pathetic!

guys, i understand all this petrol vs diesel logic etc, but when my budget is about 4.5 to 5 lakhs, where the difference between petrol and diesel variants are less than 50,000 { for a similar model}, i think it makes more sense to go for diesel, because of the better mileage, fuel costs and the eventual re-sale value.

What you say is applicable when the difference is about 70-80k.

At the moment, the used logan's owner is out of town and we are waiting for him to get back and finalize our quote. guess this will take atleast 3-4 days, will keep you folks updated.

Yeah - but then we didn't say that you should go for a petrol car from the Tata Or Mahindra & Renault stables -

Hyundai and Maruti would be the ones to look at if you consider the petrol/CNG/LPG option. If you've already ruled them out in one of you earlier posts - then I'm sorry - didn't notice that.

Yeah - but then we didn't say that you should go for a petrol car from the Tata Or Mahindra & Renault stables -

Hyundai and Maruti would be the ones to look at if you consider the petrol/CNG/LPG option.

May be you can go Wagon R LPG or Santro CNG (if you don't need much boot space).

But remember Wagon R is good for Only Four Passengers. The Rear Seat may be uncomfortable to occupy the 3rd person.

after having a look at a lot of second hand cars, we have finally decided to go for a new diesel sedan under 6 lakhs..Logan is on discount now, of about 50k and OTR works out to 6.10 lakhs for the base model in coimbatore. Dzire's waiting period is more than 4-5 months, so its ruled out. The only other option is the indigo vista which is supposed to be launched soon..but no body has any idea as to when this is being launched..if its a month, then we could wait,, but if its more than that, i think my dad will opt for the logan.

Indigo Vista may be launched after 2-3 months since now the production of Nano has started and Tata will wait for sometime and then launch new car.

@ sparshq--accent cng and ikon cng are not available in coimbatore, where my parents live..i think accent cng is avlble only in delhi at the moment. more over, i;m sure these cng variants of accent and ikon will cost close to 6 lakhs. i think a diesel logan at the same price will make much better sense.

space wise Logan is good.. but if u wana good car in between two go with tat's CS...

but if u have sufficent budget then why not try  fiat linea or Hyundai Verna.........

ford ikon can be a good deal but it will be hard on your pocket @ the point of ownership cost...

Accent is also a good car @ affordable price .. but it is the ending phase of accent...

i personally feel u have to go woth LInea or Verna...

rest choice is yours .. think twice before investment

@ love my car..pls read my posts before posting your views. Verna and the linea diesel work out to more than 8.5 lakhs on road! if i had that budget why would I be contemplating on buying a logan for 6 lakhs?

sujith,though logan is a good spacious car, i have heard that its maintenance is on the higher side as compared to others in this category, we have crazy cat member here who owns logan and has also shared his long term ownership of his car, go through it may help you deciding.

here's the link if you may wish to go through:http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3012
thackervijay2009-03-21 09:16:54

You can go for Ikon diesel, Ford has reduced the price of spare parts, so it won't be costlier to maintain.

I won't suggest a used car, Indigo CS is also a good option if you don't like the Ikon.

my dad has booked the DLE version of the Logan. expect the vehicle to be delivered within the next 10 days. But i was astonished at the way the basic DLE version is equipped! there is nothing other than the power steering and the A.C! The orvms are not internally adjustable, there is internal no boot release!! these are standard features even in the old indica base version! we actually wanted to buy the dzire LDI, but the waiting period is 6-9 months, so no option really! The logan is actually quite expensive! the base version costs about 6.15 lakhs OTR coimbatore { after a 50k discount}, whereas I bought a fully loaded DZIRE-VDI at 6.6 OTR Bangalore!!

it is a pity that we couldnt wait for the indigo vista either, as no body has a clue on the launch date and it may be atleast 3-4 months away!

Thats a good choice. Why the 10 day wait for delivery (are you looking for a specific color)?

The only concern I've ever had with my car (Logan DLS) is the increase in the costs of spares.

was astonished at the way the basic DLE version is equipped! there is nothing other than the power steering and the A.C! The orvms are not internally adjustable' date=' there is internal no boot release!! these are standard features even in the old indica base version! [/quote']

That was the main reason for me to go for the CS TDi, somehow I have from the beginning a suspecision that Mahindra is taking the Indians for a ride and I was in no mood for it. When introduced in Europe the car was considered to be a no frills inexpensive car for the common masses. To sell the same car in this market as a premium product with out any visible premiumness to it is LEADING ON A CUSTOMER!!!

At least TATA is not pretenious and call spade a spade.

With more features and a great price the same reason I went in for the TATA. The pricing for the SCORPIO seems fair, but the latest on the SCORPIO by pimping it up and hiking it's prices seems unfair to me.

i was surprised too at the 10day wait period..infact we booked the car in White! Anyways, the dealer has promised to deliver the car this weekend. Unfortunately I stay in Bangalore whereas my dad stays at coimbatore so will not be there for the delivery.

was astonished at the way the basic DLE version is equipped! there is nothing other than the power steering and the A.C! The orvms are not internally adjustable' date=' there is internal no boot release!! these are standard features even in the old indica base version! [/quote']

That was the main reason for me to go for the CS TDi, somehow I have from the beginning a suspecision that Mahindra is taking the Indians for a ride and I was in no mood for it. When introduced in Europe the car was considered to be a no frills inexpensive car for the common masses. To sell the same car in this market as a premium product with out any visible premiumness to it is LEADING ON A CUSTOMER!!!

At least TATA is not pretenious and call spade a spade.

With more features and a great price the same reason I went in for the TATA. The pricing for the SCORPIO seems fair, but the latest on the SCORPIO by pimping it up and hiking it's prices seems unfair to me.

I completely agree with you! Renault has got it totally wrong with the pricing of the logan! and that too very badly equipped! the dzire and even the new indigo vista are / will be way cheaper than the logan! we had no choic actually! we looked at the indigo cs too, but my dad had driven an indica for about 3 years and wanted a change, so there was no option other than the logan as the dzire has 6-9 months waiting period! hope renault learns quickly before maruti speeds up its delivery and before tata launches the indigo QJ.