dtandon

Tata Motors to launch Rs 2-lakh diesel by 2010

this was arleady in news as said by Mr. Ratan Tata, after the showcasing of nano in auto expo, that after the launch of petrol version of nano, company is looking to plan out its diesel variant along with battery operated nano's too, around 2010.

I'm sure you all remember the smiley21.gif that the Nano got from "environmentalists" and "visionaries" who went on and on about the pollution and traffic congestion that lac's of nano's would cause once they were on the roads.

They will only get louder and raise a lot hue and cry over an affordable diesel version - so the Tata's would be doing themselves a huge favor by putting in a gem of an engine - one with low emissions.

My two cents are - the car should have radically good FE and low emissions (not just low costs). These would make it an international phenomenon!

Cheers.

I believe only TATA can do it. It has always provided great value for money. About the environmentalists, the pollution norms wiil be automatically be stiffer and will be met.  Great going TATA....