nim12esh

Volkswagen Teaser

Well rear lights resembles Jetta' date=' and Jetta is not selling well being a mainstream product for company as its in 14-16lacs bracket, so they have to promote Jetta more than Passat..[/quote'] We can't say from its taillamps because both of them have almost similar lamps but yes, there a chance of it being jetta from its alloys.

GUYS. CHILL.... ITS THE NEW VOLKWAGEN JETTA TDI CR( COMMON RAIL DIESEL) THE PASSAT IN INDIA IS POWERED BY PUMPE DUSE ENGINE WHICH WILL BE REPLACED BY THE NEW 2.0 TDI COMMON RAIL UNIT. IT PRODUCES 140BHP@4200 RPM AND 320NM TORQUE @ 1750-2500RPM.. EVEN THE VW PASSAT IS UNDERGOING A CHANGE TO THIS CRDI ENGINE...

yeah thats true,read it some time back,coming to the refinement the VW says not much of difference,but the only reason for change is to make it industry standard(crdi)

Well its good news that Jetta will get 2.0Crdi as the current one to me seems underpowered and noisy..CRDi will be powerful and refined too..Good that VW has fast replaced its PD engines in both cars..Hope this is true

GUYS. CHILL.... ITS THE NEW VOLKWAGEN JETTA TDI CR( COMMON RAIL DIESEL) THE PASSAT IN INDIA IS POWERED BY PUMPE DUSE ENGINE WHICH WILL BE REPLACED BY THE NEW 2.0 TDI COMMON RAIL UNIT. IT PRODUCES 140BHP@4200 RPM AND 320NM TORQUE @ 1750-2500RPM.. EVEN THE VW PASSAT IS UNDERGOING A CHANGE TO THIS CRDI ENGINE...

Where does that leave the Jetta 1.6 petrol? No one will even touch it with a barge poll. Even the Passat has similar power figure's. There must be something else to the ad, than this.

VW has really got it wrong in india! First they launch the passat which is in the camry territory, where even the camry is not doing well. Then they launch the jetta which is not so exciting at all! I think the current laura looks much more sportier than the jetta! AND there is a face lifted laura coming up as well!

I think it all started with skoda.. Ideally skoda should have priced themselves slightly lower and vw could have sort of had a 10-15% premium over the skodas..just because skodas are already priced higher, vw has gone ahead and made their cars even more expensive! VW should actually be competing against honda and G.M rather than skodas and german giants.With yeti, new laura and new superb, i think skoda will do much better in india than vw, unless vw launches the UP! , GOLF at a competitive price.

Just saw the VW add in times of India......in my opinion....its creativity going down the drain.....after creating such a hype over depreciation....they royally F&*^@ the whole mileage they could have got out of the add campaign.... their is no Wow factor in the complete advertisement.... instead they could have done better by just putting a picture against a white backdrop....that could have at least allowed people to take a good look at the car.....this is called "advertising train wreck"

well VW does it well...evn the Jetta tagline 'we german's aren't.........its our cars that make us smile' that is catchy too!and the passat already has a CRDI engine.......it was brought in last month......maybe they do the same with the jetta

what was all the hype for?!maintaince plan!paint package!they could have done it whithout it!

p.s-todays TOI is full of car advertisments!love the quote with the bimmer 7 series!

Its a case of too much hype created and too little offered. I too was expecting a big price cut. VW is destined for failure at these prices. I wonder when these companies will learn about the indian buyers psyche. 

well this ad came in full today in toi' date='volkswagen are offering their cars at an interest of 4.99 % per annum and 3 year 70,000 km warranty....dats all !!!![/quote']

Are you kidding with 4.99% per annum?smiley36.gif

When all Banks are offering more than 10-11%, how VW offer half of that?

Well I think people will buy mostly looking at that and not at the car.smiley4.gif