vas007

Accessories for Hyundai Verna

Hi Folks,

I need expert's advice in choosing right accessories for my Hyundai Verna Car Silver Colour.

1. Sunfilm:

1) Which brand to go for (Garware or 3M)

2) What type of film I should go keeping in mind about RTO and and other

factors.

3) What would be the price?

4) Should I take it from my car dealer or should buy outside or call the Sun

film company directly and ask them to come to my house and fix it.

2.  Teflon and Anti-Rust Coating:

1) Is it really necessary to go for Teflon Coating?

2) Is it really worth to go for Anti-rust coating for under the car?

3) If necessary shall I do it with my dealer or outside?

3.  Which is best Seat cover brand for Verna?

4.  Which full car cover will suit my car?

5.  Need suggestion for good shop in Bangalore for car accessories?

I know the list is big but I have no other go than asking experts here. Kindly help me.

Hi vas007,

Both Garware and 3M are good brands. All branded films will be RTO approved. Expect to spend a minimum of Rs 1,500 and it can even go upwards of Rs 20,000 for some brands of film. Don't buy anything from the dealer as chances are most of these things will be cheaper outside.

Teflon coating may be a good idea as it will protect your paint from minor scratches. These days cars withstand rust quite well, but if you live by the sea, it would be a good idea. I live in Bombay and none of my cars have anti-rust. No rust till now. Touchwood!

The rest of the questions can be best answered by other members from your city.

FRG

hi vas, here is my opinion:

1) go for 3M.

2) atleast 50% visibility from outside is advisable.

3) max upto 6000.

4) strictly outside, if you can call the company personnel to your outside, that would be better.

1) teflon coating WILL NOT prevent scratches. it will only protect the paint from sunlight & bird droppings.

2) only if you live near the sea!

3) again outside will be better but do it at a good place.

3. if you are willing to spend cash, go for stanley or g-sport.

4. why not? depends on car colour, seat cover colour & design.

5. sorry, i am from mumbai!

Good choice for sunfilm. You really don't need anti-rust coating for car's nowadays.

Stanley leather is not a seat cover. Stanley will remove your original upholstry and then put their leather on to the foam. They will cost around 30k to 40k depending on where all you want leather. G-sport makes PU seat covers which look like leather and will be much much cheaper, I would not suggest them.

There are car covers made of Tyvek which is a DuPont material which seems to be a good cover but will be expensive. There are many ordinary brands available which may cost you around 1000.

I remember visiting a G-Sport showroom in Jayanager, don't remember exactly where. I think there was a Pizza hut nearby. You can search the web or the local telephone directory to find it.

Guys,

I also came across about Karlsson leather which is Indira Nagar, Bangalore.  I read in TeamBhp forum that they are equally and better than Stanley. URL is http://www.karlssonleather.com/aboutus.html  Any ideas about this...

Also where can I fix RE35 3M Sunfilm in Bangalore? Any idea cost of this film in Bangalore? I wanted to do it with dealer itself thinking that they would do the installation. But later came to know that 3M guys are doing it there too.

I am worried about one thing that is as you all know that Verna has all sensors and wiring like power window, locking system, etc in door panel. I am afraid whether 3M dealers or outsiders would do properly. My dealer told me that if  anything goes wrong than I won't get wiring warranty if done outside.

Need advice guys...

Hi vas007,

I would suggest you to go for stanley seat covers, I think it is the best(from my past experience)

and as for a good place in blr try out Car Decor(Lal Bagh Road oppo- Maruti showroom)  i'd got my car accessories done from there and they did a good job and their charges were also nominal.

Vas 007

1. Suncontrol film

I purchased a new Tavera last week. 

After a good check on the internet, I had installed 3M Crystalline film (CR 50visibility for the sides and CR70 visibility for the rear- in compliance with the rules).  Crystalline film is their tops  and it should run about 280 Rs per squarefoot, and why not get it done at your dealer. 3M's head office is in Bangalore.  Authentic 3M film will carry faintly visible 3M name on it.  Since it is expensive, they will not keep the crystalline film in stock, but will order and get it overnight for you.  I had it installed and there were no problems.  

2. Antirust under body coating and cavity protection

My 2001 Santro ( which I bought in 2005) has lot of rust and I am gettting some tinkering done on it.

I really wish the original owner had the rust protection on it and I would not have all this nonsense.  I live about 10 km from the sea and we drive in pothole riddent roads , mud and water for about 3to 4 months in a year. I paid about 6000 rs for a 5 year warranty and got it done at the dealer for my Tavera.  I will get it done again after 5 years.  When I paid good money for the new vehicle, spending for an excellent sun control film and rust protection is not that expensive.

I live in a hot and humid area and If I was in Bangalore, I would not have had any sun contol film as my glasses came tinted by GM for the topend model of Tavera. Since my glasses were tinted and I had the 3M CR-50 and CR-70 films put on, I may not be in compliance with the law.  GM didnot return my e-mail asking for info on the visibility of their tinted glasses. 

Have fun

TSR

Guys,

1. My car dealer is charging Rs. 4000 for RE-35 3M Sun film. Is this correct price or costly in Bangalore?

2. I have decided to go for G-Sports Artificial Leather. Is there any brand better than G-Sports? 

How much area of glass are you having the suncontrol film installed?  I am guessing that you are installing film on the side windows and the rear glass. The price depends on the area to be covered and the type of film.  

TSR   

I was charged about 300 rupees per suuare feet and it came to be about 9800 for my Tavera which has about 33 square feet of glass on the sides and in the rear.

If you know the area of your glass on the sides and rear, please multiply it with 300 rupees per square feet and that price is what would a dealer charge.  You can get it done a little cheaper at an accessories shop.

TSR  

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to fix sun film with my dealer itself for Rs.4000 which is also same outside shops in Bangalore.

Also I am going for Hella Grilled Horn for Rs.1850 with my dealer itself because I don't want to loose wiring warranty by fixing outside.

Thanks again fellas.

The dealers charge you more for every part sold at their place since they know that if they tell the customers that the warranty will nullify after the job is done outside, then no customer will go outside but come to them.

I got the Garware film installed on our Indigo XL  two years ago from aftermarket but my warranty was retained despite that job.

Installing Sun Film does not void warranty since only glass area is coated by the film and no wiring harness is touched so how will the warranty get void?

Same goes for horn. you could have got those horns for less (may be 1500/-) as compared to dealer (1850/-).Here also you would not have lost warranty since fitting of horn does not require wiring harness splicing. Just remove old horn and fit new ones in their place. Simple.

These Dealers often take the innocent customers for a ride.

Guys,

I need expertise advice on the following:

I came to know that there are two ways to fix sun film for the doors. One is stick film directly without removing the glass out of door. Second is remove glass from door and then fix film on it. I have been told that removing glass and fixing film will last longer than first method. Is it true? Which is the best method I should go?

You can fix the sun film even by not removing the glass. I have done it on our Indigo XL two years ago in the same way as I suggested (i.e. not removing the glass from the door) but still the film has not come off nor any bubbles are existing.

If you remove the glass, more labour you will have to pay. Also this may tamper with the Power Windows. So its BEST to Fix the Film keeping the glass on the door.

EDIT: Just check out that the Shop where you fix the film is good at doing it without removing the glass from the door before carrying out the job.

sudeepd2009-03-29 14:00:25

You are always welcome.

And did you fit the horn from dealer or aftermarket?

There is nothing hard in removing the old horn and fitting the new one.

Just check whether the construction of new horn is identical to old one. Means the holes where bolts fit are at same place in both horns. And the connector (coupler) of the new is same as old.

Bye.