vibhor

Renault launches Logan Edge connect!

Source: www.vicky.in

Hey guys!smiley1.gif

Mahindra Renault today launched a new variant of logan called logan edge connect. Logan Edge Connect features a high end music system with hands-free telephony integrated via Bluetooth . Logan edge connect also comes with sporty decals, leather upholstery, Driver Information System (DIS), Reverse Parking Sensors, ABS & EBD. Logan edge connect is available in three new colours including the very popular Mystique Purple launched with the original Logan Edge.

mahindra renault are really trying hard to sell the logan but they have to realise that they are flogging a dead horse.....a song on their situation "i tried so hard but got nowhere....."

The logan (all variants) need a big price correction to be compete with other sedans in the segment.

IMO - there's nothing wrong with the car - but its pricing is way too high(diesel versions).

But - mahindra is sleeping !! Price the diesels around the Rs 6L price bracket and they should do well.

No dtandon I don't think that the price of the Logan is too high. I think if you compared it with other sedans in India it is competitively priced. It is packed with great features. The new variant has added 13th variant of the Logan family. Don't you think that so many variants of one single car is just surprising.

Well, just launching a variant with new music system is not a good idea, its just to remember the public that 'Hey Logan is still alive so kindly consider it'...Coz its not integrated music system but just a HeadUnit, which is available in the market too..If it was Integrated then there was a meaning..

No dtandon I don't think that the price of the Logan is too high. I think if you compared it with other sedans in India it is competitively priced. It is packed with great features. The new variant has added 13th variant of the Logan family. Don't you think that so many variants of one single car is just surprising.

I should mention - I'm speaking from a logan owner's perspective - I have a Logan 1.5 DLS that I paid good money for (the top variant when I bought the car)

Now that the Logan has competition from the ikon D and the Dzire - Its sales have gone south. I'm not saying that the car is good/bad (i obviously think its good since I bought one) - I'm saying that the prices need to come down atleast 50K for the car to sell well in today's market.dtandon2009-03-06 09:19:52

i remember M&M promoting the logan as the cheapest sedan before the launch and after that people never really liked the interiors and never really took off except for the cabs at the new airports (hyderabad and banglore).....even the refreshed interiors are not appealing except for the wooden finish(with the same switches) i think they should come with an complete new dash like GM for their tavera

i absolutely agree with you smokin....first m&m were selling it as a vfm sedan but now with such high prices they have to add some features to it as well......i have sat in the logan many times and the interiors are just awful and all things work abnormally(lyk opening the window-the pulley operates in an opposite way).

i think they should come with an complete new dash like GM for their tavera
Well what GM did with the tavera was just waste of money coz although it is much better than before but it is nowhere when we see some other MUV's and also its expensive as its only in top-end variant if am not wrong..

7 lakh's for a 'cheap' car ain't cheap in India. MSIL with it's Dzire has put a spanner in the work's for many car's, especially the Logan. Dzire give's a 'new' meaning to VFM, refinement and economy. Now even the Ikon TDCi is there. Accent is now retailing at some 4.83 lakh's. Now that's cheap.

Precisely DD, couldn't agree more.

There are a few encouraging signs though - the new scorpio has been introduced at a lower pricepoint than the old one (and with more features). I hope that Mahindra can do something similar for the Logan.

well dtandon, its just not mahindra to look out for logan, its ranault and mahindra to finalise things, as not only just the price but its initial service charges,spares everything are on the higher side which is not easy to maintain.