chevy

Happenings at GM India

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

GM India on 5th March'09 announced that the Chevrolet Spark has recorded a 3 million loyal customers globally. Also announced mega schemes this month to celebrate the milestone. The offers are limited and carlines include: Rs 55,000 on the Chevrolet Spark, Rs 28,000 on the Chevrolet Tavera, Rs 50,000 on the Chevrolet Aveo, Rs 30,000 on the Aveo U-VA and Rs 70,000 on the Chevrolet Optra Magnum.

This thread has been renamed. From now on all the snippets of information about GM go here. I don't want pointless threads popping up now and then. All other threads on GM will be deleted without notice.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-03-06 14:45:58

I dont think that it will include Matiz..

courtsey: wiki

also called

Chevrolet Matiz

Chevrolet Spark

Chevrolet Joy

Pontiac Matiz G2

Pontiac Matiz

Pontiac G2

Chevrolet Exclusive

FSO Matiz

Chevrolet Taxi 7:24 Chronos

UZ Daewoo Matiz

Production 1998-present

@chevy
why do you post only on chevy topics? You are as much allowed to post on other topics also.
Thats because i like chevrolet as a brand and i own a spark and aveo of my own :)

The best laid plans amount to nothing if the company folds up leaving it's customers high and dry.

I really liked the GM's Spark and had booked one for my wife for city commuting in Bombay. Have been waiting for delivery since Jan2009. Keep getting "in another week" promises. Got a letter from the dealer saying that due to problems with wholesale bank finance in India, Spark production/delivery has been affected.

It seems GM India has money and parts problems - probably it is not getting enough supplies from parent/overseas GM companies, and local parts due to payment and finance issues with local vendors.

So, I'm canceling my booking now. The dealer also confirmed he has got a very large number of cancellations over last couple of months. Is GM India going the Daewoo/matiz way?

guptad

I purchased a Tavera from the GM dealer in Vijayawada and they have a couple of sparks in their show room ready for immediate delivery.  I am surprised that you could not get one since January.  May be they have allocations to dealers through out India.

I ordered  the topend Tavera and I had to wait for a month for delivery.

TSR