shrinath

Swift Petrol Or Diesel

You should buy Petrol as your usage is just 10-15kms.

Swift is such a Model whose Resale Values are GREAT may it be Petrol or Diesel.

Don't think that Petrol Swift will fetch less Resale Value (except marginal difference as against Diesel Swift).

The Difference between Petrol and Diesel Versions would not be Significant since both Engines are Superbly Refined, Powerful, Fuel Efficient.

Any idea on when the 1.2l Petrol engine for Swift will come?

If the Swift is still on the old 'Esteem' block then expect and upgrade some time in the not too different future. Then a 1.2 version of the A-Star engine is definitely on the cards. Probably no power loss from the current 1.3! This is technology for us.

i dont want to start another thread for this.i thought we can use this thread for our friends,,,,,The members who have been awarded the Special License are:

sgiitk, durango_dude, BornFree, dtandon and anjan_c2007.

congrats guys! cheers !!

Purchase costs and running costs apart (petrol wins hands down for your usage) - both the cars are different to drive - IMO - the diesel car is better if you like to cruise at low speeds (without too many gear shifts - due to the better torque). The diesel might also have a better resale.

Any reason why you're only looking at the Swift ?

Swift Petrol i would suggest as you will not go much on highways ( only fuel economy point of view ).

I have just crossed 21000km on my swift petrol and after 4th service the vehicle truly showing its colours.

Last week did a long trip of 900km indore- nasik -indore and believ me the vehicle is a beast on highways too.

Engine was smooth n pick up was great ( i steadily cruised @ 80-100kmph and sometimes 120-130 .

Excelent manuverabiliy overtaking ability amongs the busy road and truck traffic throughout the way.

Thanks to MSIL for bringing the swift to india

sorry guys for late reply. thanks for all you help. i think petrol is the right choice....additionally i also wanted to know that BS - IV will come in effect in 2010...does swift comply to those norms or it is only BS III compliant?

Will the it create any issue in 2010 for the swift owners?

Thanks in advance.