TSReddy

Does new discount apply?

Greetings to guys on this board:

Need little advice.  I placed an order for Chevrolet Tavera on 9th of Feb.  It was invoiced at the manufactuirng plant on February 26th or 27th.  While placing the order, I was told by the dealer that the GM discount for the Tavera was 20K.  The dealer is getting the vehicle on Monday (March 8th) and I plan to pick it up on Wednesday (March 10th). 

GM anounced, on March 5th,  a discount of 28 K for Tavera exclusively for the month of March.

Coming to the point, What should I expect to get as far as the discount is concerned? 

If I ask the dealer, he would say that it is only 20K as stated at the time of ordering.  I am thinking that it might be better to ask the GM main office to reconsider and offer me the March discount as my delivery of the vehicle is after their anouncement.  I do not want to demand and make a scene.  

I am sure that some of you went through some of this.

Thanks

TSRile    

well Mr.Reddy its not about making scene, you can ask for discounts offered after you booked, which normally doesnt apply, but some phonecalls or meeting head persons would make you avail that announced discounts on your buy.

Hi TSR!

If thats the case, I think you should try to avail the discount for your chevy because even if you ordered the car in month of Feb. you will be getting it in your hands in March only, So you must ask the dealer for discount of 8k more.All the best and congrats again on your buy. :-)

I do not want to demand and make a scene.

In fact I would advise you to Create A Scene so that the Dealer will feel Embarrassed and give you 28K Discount instead of 20K.

All the Dealers of any Manufacturer don't pass-on the benefit which the Manufacturer has Announced to the Customers because they want to make MAXIMUM Profit out of Every Deal they make.

Its your Hard-Earned Money, so you should fight for your Rights.

JAAGO GRAAHAK JAAGO.

You need not create a scene. As far as i've seen, the price prevailing at the time of delivery is applicable. So just ask the dealer for more. The more you ask for discounts, the better deals you get.

IMO - In the long run - It always pays to be be cordial in your dealings with the dealer (since he'll treat you better - you will probably be visiting him for your servicing needs in the long run)

Back to the original question - He should give you the additional discount.dtandon2009-03-08 19:16:13

Folks

NEED YOUR INPUT ON ONE MORE ITEM

When GM gives this discount of 28000, do they have to add on to the discount (or they can decrease it in the show room price)  the VAT tax or some other taxes that would not be paid because the base price is lower now than before.

Thanks for your helpful comments