thackervijay

Rolls-Royce Phantom mobile phone store in India

mbl_rr_cs.jpg

It's called ingenuity, and it's given us such things as the cell phone and the Rolls-Royce Phantom. So why not combine the two to create a cell phone store in the back of a Rolls-Royce Phantom? That's evidently what some well-heeled entrepreneurs in India did, purchasing a Phantom instead of a brick-and-mortar storefront, painting it up, and traveling the hillsides hawking mobile phones. It got caught in this regrettable pose - with rocks bracing its tires, because after getting a flat tire, the provincial tire shop had no idea how to fix it. But back to the ingenuity, mad props to the folks who came up with this: more attention-getting than Aishyarwa Rai, more convenient than Domino's Pizza, and more comfortable than... a real store. The world is an amazing place, no?

source:autoblog

I saw this car 1-2 yrs. back in my City.

Catchy/striking way to advertise!

Did manage to catch attention of many & this is what it was supposed to do!

But, on the other side, as FRG said, a masterpiece got wasted!

Is the above news true? or just a photoshop job?

Who in the right mind will buy a phantom and paint it a shop's name?

Given the Essar name, it might be possible but can someone confirm this.

Well i dont think that it looks bad in this color tone or its waste..While more than Essar brand the more there is a VIRGIN brand on it which is owned by Richard Branson, a Flamboyant business man and in living life king size he is father of VJM..

Well i have seen this twice in my city, 1st time i wasnt able to take some snaps but next time on my way from college, i got this beauty into my cell phone, it was on congested main road of my city where The Mobile Store was located...I will post some snaps as soon as possible..

Its true. I have seen the car up close. It has even participated in the Speed Run 07. It is an absolute waste of a car. The last time i saw it, it was dented in several places, and scratched in several others. And the hub covering with the Rolls logo has been removed too.

Looks like a brainwave of some educated duffer

Earlier Rolls did not use to sell their cars for such stupid uses. Wonder if they have changed their policy now.

akj53in2009-03-10 07:29:24