nylongods

Ford Fiesta - VS - All New Honda City

No, SX4 fails miserably in Shape & Fuel Efficiency.

Its gonna get discontinued soon. Maruti  is trying hard to sell their SX4 lots. There are remours that either Maruti will get Diesel version in SX4 to boost the sale or Shall design a new car with better futuristic attributes and launch with name YY4.

Nice detailed comments on Fiesta and City.

Maruti will not discontinue SX4. Even the Super-Duper failure Versa is being sold for a long period. And also SX4 is selling well. I read that black SX4 has a waiting period. As i read from other thread in this forums, a member found on an IV that Maruti is going to produce 1.6 diesel. This should probably go into SX4 and boost its sales.

Other problems with City are:-

- Weak headlights and AC

- Extreme cost cutting by Honda. Bare-bones car without even a engine temprature meter which is there on all other cars.

- After Linea, all new cars in 8 lac bracket will start coming with more and more features. Owners of new CITY will feel quite frustrated after the 'honey moon' period to see the gadgets in other competing cars.

You have not discussed about resale.

I bought Fiesta Diesel SXi for 8L plus. and being unsatisfied with performance parted within one year for 5.25L.

Ford has always failed in delivering quality and service.

Honda means Quality always.

I bought Fiesta Diesel SXi for 8L plus. and being unsatisfied with performance parted within one year for 5.25L.

Hey should have got more for your car. 5.25L is too less.

Ford has always failed in delivering quality and service.

Honda means Quality always.

It depends on the After Sales Service Also.

What if the quality of car is HIGH and ASS is POOR?

i have bought fiesta SXI, OCt'08 model & i am satisfied with its FE & very happy with its looks, driving comfort and road clearence  & sufficient space in front & rear seats and I am 5 feet 10 inch tall. It's build quality is also better than SX4. I had parked my white fiesta adjacent to the ANHC in the market & i found that it is good looking than ANHC. 

Space.

Even Maruti Swift has more Space -Healthy Persons cannot sit in the Rear seat of Fiesta -

Thats carrying it a bit too far. Rear Seats of Fiesta can do with more thigh support but it is not all that bad and cannot be compared to Swift.. Rear seat of Swift or Dzire is the worst ever especially for long rides.Legs have to be kept upright all the time and no way to stretch them. Moreove the interiors are dingy with tiny windows.

How can you call the 1.4 TDCi motor powerful. 68BHP? Even a Bolero has more. It may be fuel efficient but try driving it fast and you'll find that even the A-star feels better to drive. Your review seems more like an advertisement for the Fiesta than anything else.

The Honda City is a brilliant car in every respect and the Fiesta I'm sorry to say is not a patch on the City no matter how many technicalities you put down.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-03-11 04:15:07

Your review seems more like an advertisement for the Fiesta than anything else.

FRG

I too think the same that is after looking at limited drawbacks pointed by you of Fiesta. I agree with ANHC comments. But i would say Fiesta would be more expensive to maintain than a ANHC.

initially?why doesn't it happen with hyundai or an maruthi ?according to the survey maruthi has always priced its spares lowest. honda is already ten years old in india,me thinks they are cashing on the badge name 

initially?why doesn't it happen with hyundai or an maruthi ?according to the survey maruthi has always priced its spares lowest. honda is already ten years old in india' date='me thinks they are cashing on the badge name 

[/quote']

Well it seems to be Maruti and Hyundai launch cars after increasing their localisation content. These two companies have best reputation for their spares and A.S.S. Since their bulk market share is in B & C segment. Honda surely needs to pull up its socks. Already City is over priced .

My friend bought ANHC in Jan' 09 and the mud flaps of ANHC is costing Rs 1800/- to him from dealer. And mud flaps are not avilable in open market . Do u believe due to this monoply he has not fitted mud flaps to his car till the date. Now u can guess how costly the spare parts of ANHC.

Give me ANHC any day. A Honda is a Honda and Ford is just a Ford. Now that the ANHC has all the safety feature's; it will beat the living daylight's of the Fiesta and all other's perceived as competition. When you buy a car for 9 lakh's who'll crib for a set of alloy's, I feel that Auto Climate control is a gimmic, I have it in the Elantra and dunno what's the big deal, in an ord. a/c you twirl a dial and the autoaircon fiddle around with switches, that's all, basically the a/c should cool..thats all. Basically I feel that the dash could have been a little better, even the old City ZX had a better looking and feeling dash than the present ANHC.