nylongods

Ford Fiesta - VS - All New Honda City

nylongods, no offence meant but i disagree on some points of yours

after reading your review, i clearly feel you are advertising for fiesta rather than doing a comparison.

the resale value of a honda city is any day better than fiesta. no doubts about that. while you have said the opposite which i don't agree. this is for petrol versions, anhc has no diesel so no point comparing.

the reliability of anhc is much better than fiesta, so part replaced in fiesta is more than anhc, so imho, for long term ownership, a fiesta owner spends more on spares compared to anhc.

the after sales service of honda is much better compared to ford (at least where i stay). this is from my personal experience at both places.

honda has gone ahead and provided usb cable to use mp3 players of our choice rather than give a mp3 player. i prefer the usb port more.

though honda has cut its cost at some places, quality still beats ford's fiesta. and above all, the fuel efficiency where fiesta(petrol) is beaten quite easily. fiesta diesel is not a great drive unless looking for fuel efficiency.

ford may have sold 100,000 fiestas, but honda's old city sold much more than fiesta, and same is expected of anhc if history is anything to go by. call this blind trust of public in honda or an excellent piece of machinery by honda, either ways its honda.

i agree initially ford fiesta may seem value for money, but for longer run, honda city takes the cake.

P.S: I am no Honda loyalist, my family owns both, so i keep changing from one to another.

after reading your review, i clearly feel you are advertising for fiesta rather than doing a comparison.

The irony is I just booked ANHC ! 

We shall get the delivery by End of this Month.  We booked the EMT Model.

The Reasons why we chose ANHC was 1. Space. We are a family of 5 so, the Rear seats should be comfortable for 3.   and   2. Driving Quality.

Thats it.

With regards to your Points about reliability of Honda parts (durability) & ANHC's Fuel efficiency, I have already mentioned in my Review.

That was my honest review and by no means an advertisement. I am car lover just like you. I have been studying both cars for more than 8 months. Test Driven them several times. Discussed technically at the service centers for common complains and maintenance & stuff like that. I have friends / relatives who are using Honda & Ford. Actually, my review would help others to chose a better buy.

nylongods

congrats on your purchase. as i said at the start,i didn't mean to offend you, sorry about that if you felt so, i just wanted to say, that reading your review it felt like a passionate fiesta lover rather than a car lover.

regarding reliability, it was again in respect to the spare part cost that you have mentioned, that some spares which you would installing on fiesta more often say in 5 year of ownership would be more compared to anhc which should offset the high spares price of anhc.

my statement wasn't made to degrade either of the cars, car owners or any members. i was just pointing out what i felt after using cars from both manufacturers.

once again congrats on your purchase, drive safe and enjoy revving a great engine.

even a dzire has better power than the fiesta 1.4...68 bhp is not at all adequate to power a car of this size....seriously i think linea is a very good buy if you are considering ford fiesta tdci which is over-priced !!!! people have bashed linea mjd for being under-powered even though it has 90 bhp while fiesta being a puny 68 bhp !!!! even my zen can easily defeat the fiesta in terms of performance !!!!

Congrats nylongods for booking ANHC...Its really good car though expensive but if you have budget although it lacs alloys and A.C.C but still overall its a great product..And more important is it has a gem of an engine..

even a dzire has better power than the fiesta 1.4...68 bhp is not at all adequate to power a car of this size....seriously i think linea is a very good buy if you are considering ford fiesta tdci which is over-priced !!!! people have bashed linea mjd for being under-powered even though it has 90 bhp while fiesta being a puny 68 bhp !!!! even my zen can easily defeat the fiesta in terms of performance !!!!

Well I have driven both Fiesta TDCI & Linea MJD. I didnt find Fiesta sluggish in city driving. But yeah its surely not powerful. Linea on other hand was very sluggish and i had to regularly shift gears in city driving , also Linea being more heavy it feels sluggish. But yeah apart from engine & A.S.S Linea is the best thing that happened to the mid size segment.smiley1.gif