Hi,

I am planning to buy a new car. Have driven maruti 800 and santro earlier. The criteria are:

a) comfortable 5 seater

B) good boot space

c) mileage

d) good for highway driving as would be using it for long drives on weekends near around mumbai

e) budget 4.5 to 5 lacs

(above are not in order of priority)

Cars under consideration are:

i10, getz, fabia, aveo uva, a star and swift. specific replies/reviews will be helpfu

Go for the i10,its refined,powerful,great features,excellent car to be owned.If u want a sporty look then go for swift vxi,zxi the best compared to i10 in all terms, but only drawback is the boot space.

FuelRunGod2009-03-10 19:34:26

From the shortlisted cars, you should take a more serious look at the Swift and the Getz.

The Fabia is an excellent car, you will only get a 1.2 litre engine in your budget which feels underpowered especially on the highway, it isn't very efficient either.

Both the Swift and Getz are very good cars. But the Swift has a better engine which is a plus since you will be doing highway driving. The Swift is more fuel efficient too. From the two I would pick up the Swift. But the Getz is better 5 seater than the Swift. The Swift's rear seat feels a little cramped, so ensure you try it out properly before putting down your money.

Alternatively, stretch your budget a little and try the i20 as well. It is a very good package as well.

FRG

fuelrungood@Hi,I have booked civic v mt but the dealer has onlt carbon bronze,red colours available with him,as the prices are increased from april i do not want to pay the extra 59000.Kindly suggest me whether to go for civic or altis.

Im continuing in the same thread as there is no mean for a new thread.

There are only 2 dealers in hyderabad,the other dealer has only carbon bronze.Tomorrow the dealer will chack with honda & intimate me about the availability of colour before march,im looking for white or black.I think theres no mean paying 59000 in april for a car which has less features then altis.Any how thanks for the reply.Tomorrow i decide the colour after the dealer call & post the same.

I agree and those two only, I am considering seriously. Apart from the points you mentioned about the two one thing which is swaying my decision towards Getz is the huge discount I am getting for 2008 models > 50k

Can any1 help me list down the best feature for both separately. One for Getz that i know is that its available currently at huge discounts; especially 2008 models.

Also wanted advise should i go for 2008 models; what are the pros and cons ?

No that was a one off and will soon be removed. The i20 may not be as fast as the Swift, but performance is quite decent. But if you have to choose between the Swift and Getz I would pick the Swift. The Getz only if I needed the space. There's nothing wrong with a 2008 model but just make sure it hasn't been used as a test drive car.

FRG

i20 has sufficient power. I would not say it lacks power. Also one of our members posted somewhere that a 1.4 petrol is coming out, though it will be costlier.

Havent you consider Indica Vista? It is a very good VFM in my opinion.

Else go for Swift, a car you cant go wrong with

Basically: Big Hatch big heart: only two available:Getz CRDI and Palio 1.6, Big hatch with small heart: Fabia, i20, Aveo-UVA. Big hatch with perfect heart: Swift. Go for the Big hatch with the perfect heart...Swift, look no further.

Hi, anurag_51

a) comfortable 5 seater

= Getz, Vista, I-20, UVA.

B) good boot space

= I-20, Getz, Vista / UVA

c) mileage

= Swift, I-20, UVA, Vista, Getz

d) good for highway driving as would be using it for long drives on weekends near around mumbai

= I-20, Swift

e) budget 4.5 to 5 lacs = Getz, Swift, Vista

If I were you, I would try to stretch my budget a bit and will buy I-20. Second option is Vista. Space, budget and VFM all aspects are covered. The only downside is small boot and slightly underpowered. But Best VFM car. The third option will be between Getz / Swift. Here you have to select between space V/s all-rounder. Swift is llike an all-rounder but lacks rear seat and boot space. If space is much important, then the Getz.

I m using Getz 1.1. I have selected it due to it's space. And I m enjoying that space whenever I m on long/short trip to Highway. However, Getz 1.1 is seriously underpowered car. If you intend to go for Getz go for 1.3 only.

Further, the discount you are getting in Getz will be offset in the resale price of the car if you compare it with Swift. So the current discount should not be the criteria for selecting the car. Overall ownership cost is to be worked out, considering the re-sale price.

All the best.

nikvint2009-03-12 09:37:05

check out uva,swift and getz in their showrooms, take their test drives and choose which one suits your bill and requirement, swift lacks in rear seat comfort and boot space, if you can live with it, good overall package, else select from uva and getz.

Stick with Getz, Swift and Vista as Uva's engine and interiors arent that good but check out if you like it..

As your priority is 5seater and good boot i think you should rule out Swift, and decide between Getz and Vista..Both are good but Getz is more powerful and is better build..

Try to strech budget for i20, else stick with Getz/Vista...

If 5seater and boot isnt priority then go for Swift..