spearhead1909

i10 ... the fastest to reach the 3lakh mark..

Yes, its  domestic demand/sale is going strong, but exports account for more than half of cummulative sales & going by the latest trends in the market, almost all sorts of exports have taken a big hit. So, probably next batch of cummulative figers might not be so rosy!

Edit: i20's Domestic sales would remain mediocre IMO & exports are not going to be huge either due to the slowdown.

Regarding Special License, OT discussion is better kept to PM.

Note:  post counts really don't mean much!
BornFree2009-03-12 19:05:25

Swift was the fastest car to reach the 3 lakh mark for Maruthi.But i think it took three years for swift to reach the mark. And the i10 has acheived it since its launch on 31st Oct 2007 rki20072009-03-13 03:05:18

Well Swift's sales comprised only of Domestic while i10's 3lac mark consist of Exports as well as domestic, but still thats very good thing for Hyundai..

The car which is on i10's footsteps is A-star by Maruti, so it will be interesting to see that how that car performs in terms of sales, i dont think that it can beat i10's 3lac mark in about 15months..Lets see how it fares in international market..

good news for hyundai and also for i10, as its still sellling in good numbers and amongst the best small hatch in our country in its segment, maruti has long way to go for its a-star, i20 i dont think would see such figures as domestic is slowing down and also its exports has hit by recession, so wait and watch.

Keep it up Hyundai ' date=' launch new version with Airbags, ABS to make the product better.
let safety be the mantra forward.[/quote']

Also, pls give buyers an option to choose between beige & dark clooured interiors (black or grey would do). I just hate those beige interiors. They sure look good but are very hard to maintain especially with kids on board!smiley19.gif

Well Swift's sales comprised only of Domestic while i10's 3lac mark consist of Exports as well as domestic' date=' but still thats very good thing for Hyundai..

The car which is on i10's footsteps is A-star by Maruti, so it will be interesting to see that how that car performs in terms of sales, i dont think that it can beat i10's 3lac mark in about 15months..Lets see how it fares in international market..[/quote']

I am talking about domestic market only. As of now i10 has sold nearly 1.50 lakh units of i10 in india, it will most probably achieve the 3 lakh mark before swift

i10 is a very competent small car...i just love its interiors as they look the most inviting amonst the smaller cars...for blue sapphire's wish to come true hyundai need to give i10 a boost by putting in a diesel engine which is the reason for swift's remarkable sales !!!!

Exports account for more than half the sales' date=' will be interesting to watch data for 09, all sorts of exports have fallen, impact would be visible on i10 too.[/quote']

Export does account fro large sales but if you see carefully the export is done across 100 countries. If we calculate then India will definitely have higher sales. It is also believed that Hyundai i10 has received the best response in Germany.

hyundai is on the right path to be the largest car company in india..

its the fifth largest in the world and suzuki is nowhere near
Well yes but then Suzuki is also in top10 companies..its at 10th position but still for it to reach at Hyundai's position is very hard..

hey anyone noticed i think its going to b 5 months of a-star launch .....and no entrance into top 10 ...as it was most probabale becouse it is one of the most aspirated model for maruti .......is it going the same way as estilo ......as it should go being a nonsense product .....have indians really grown up ?

A star looks ackward. Especially in dark colors. The headlight has mounted too much. The Maruth has tried to resemble the i 10. The rear of A Star looks as if was crashed by a truck.The positive aspect f A star is that its a Maruthi product.

@ Rishi-del- Your signature says that you really hate the Maruthi. 99.99% of the Car lovers like the Maruthi because it has got a good network, good A.S.S and reasonably priced spare parts and other positive aspects. Please narrate us the reason for which you hate the Maruthi. I am desparate to know it.

dear rki ....

i dont hate any car company but yes i dont like maruti because it cheats indians by providing worst possible products and selling them by providing them at a little less money than others...and also benifitted with their 30year old sevice network..

u can see every maruit car crying for a good build quality ...but see a hyundai car they got as good quality as honda and toyota at almost maruti price ..

and even 10 year of presence in india they certainly match on a.s.s to maruti ...

on other hand .....forget about old products even the new products of maruti r crap ....e.g...a-star ..priced as high as i10 ..but no where near to it on space (boot less than 800 , where will i keep the laugage when going outstation, on my head !, rear space less than alto ),not great build quality , even so claimed great f.e. is only as good as i10 irde (tested in compariso btw a-star and i10) ..then why so much price for a car which not at all practicle ...

swift ....again least spacious in the segment ..worst build quality ...claustrophobis cabin...less boot space ..not great f.e in petrol..only good thing diesel engine (FOR THAT CREDIT SHOULD GO TO FIAT NOT TO MARUTI) ...in comparision getz is much more spacious , much better built , as good to drive , much better boot space .

sx4 ...thankfully not a success because u have honda , hyundai ,gm , ford , and fiat to compete with in that segme...so when maruti hav to face the competition from other biggies it failed

SO DEAR I BELIEVE MARUTI SELL PRODUCT ONLY WHERE THERE IS NOT GREAT COMPETITION ..THAT TOO NOT BECAUSE IT HAS GREAT PRODUCTS BIT PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT WHEN THEIR CAR WILL BRAKEDOWN THEY WILL FIND MARUTI DEALER MOST EASILY TO RECTIFY IT ...BUT WHY DO WE BUY SUCH A CAR WHICH IS MOST PROBABLE TO BRAKEDOWN ..WHY NOT BUY PRODUCT WITH GOOD QUALITY WHICH WILL LAST LONGER ....AFTER ALL THIS IS QUALITY WHICH GIVES LONGER AND RELIABLE LIFE TO A CAR ..NOT THE LOGO ON THE GRILL ..

I WUD B HAPPY IF ONE DAY MARUTI LAUNCH A GREAT PRODUCT LIKE I10 , SANTRO , EVEN LIKE PALIO , ACCENT ...

BUT TILL THEN NO MARUTIS FOR ME ...INFACT I DONT LIKE TO TRAVEL WITH MY FRIENDS AS MOST OF THEM HAVE MARUTIS...AND I CAN TELL U WITH PROUD THAT I FOUND NO DIFFERANE IN QUALITY IN MY SANTRO AND MY FRIENDS DEZIRE ...OTHER WHO HAVE ESTEEM ..GOD SAVE ME TO TRAVEL WITH HIM ...WHAT THE HELL TO SIT IN IT , EVERY PART OF THE CAR WARNS AND SAY ...DARE NOT TO TOUCH ME ELSE I WILL FALL INTO UR HAND ....

THANKS FOR PAYING ATTENTION TO MY VIEWS DEAR RKI2007

A star looks ackward. Especially in dark colors. The headlight has mounted too much. The Maruth has tried to resemble the i 10. The rear of A Star looks as if was crashed by a truck.The positive aspect f A star is that its a Maruthi product.

I am not sure why you say being a Maruti product is a positive aspect. Just a Maruti badge doesn't make it a good car.

I don't believe in brand value. Every brand has some good products and some bad products. We should always compare products without keeping brand in mind.

Sorry for going off topic

@rishi-del

I dont know how you are saying that SX4 failed. It sold more than the Vernas and fiesta and gave a serious competition to City, perhaps it was the only ever car that has been able to do so. Also I would prefer interiors of SX4 any day over Verna.

Maruti sells because they give VFM cars, not cars priced at 9 lacs not even having airbags.

Also i dont think you should judge a car by its company, but by what it is. Any car is not only judged by interior quality but also by the equipments, specs and lots of other things.

And please dont tell Swift has a low FE, it has FE on par with the smaller i10 and more than i20.

I would also say that having owned a maruti and hyundai and a honda I didnt feel any particular difference in the reliability of any of the cars. All the cars just went for their routine check ups and thats all. No problems what so ever

Also please dont call half the country a fool because they see VFM and not interior quality as a priority

rahul18102009-03-14 06:50:07

dear rahul ...

sx4 was a hit for few initial months ....today it sell even below fiesta and verna forget city ...mainly because being maruti people had great expectation frm the car and they booked even before reading the reviews .. it has the lowest average , worst build quality , and not great interior space ...althogh a mammoth to drive on the road ...today it is the least selling sedan (if i can call it a sedan )...that is why maruti is offering a lot of free things with it ....just like on failed zen estilo ..

secondly for me value for money doesnot mean a cheaply build car with some modern feature at a resonable price ...

have u ever compared i10 and swift in build quality , do it and u will have the answer that what a well built car means..

again ....M NOT SAYING THAT SWIFT IS LESS FUEL EFFICIENT THAN I20 .....IT IS SAID BY AUTOCAR.

about reliability i cannot accept that a car which is filling with rattles can b said to b reliable ...m not complaing about engine reliability but about long life of body parts and interiors....hope u drive not sitting on the engine and leaving the rest of the car at home..and doesnt will it iritate u if noises r coming frm here and there although ur engine run for a lac km ..

lastly m not calling any one fool if he choose to have climate control in the car instead of a peaceful rattle free enviroment ...but personally it dont like my car to make any noise which it is not authorise to make ...

@rishi-del

I hope you are talking about petrol models when you are comparing SX4 sales or else Please tell me from did you get to know that SX4 sells less than Fiesta and Verna so that I can have a laugh at them.

Most of the mags didnt even compare City and SX4 to verna and fiesta. Probably they didnt have space for that or they thought that they were'nt worth comparing. Also in all probability you havent ever sat in an SX4 cos you fear maruti but i advise you to do so to clear your misconceptions. Everyone in this forum except probably you feels that the best car to buy below 8 lacs is either SX4(not counting the linea since its too early to comment on the company's performance) 

And most of us dont have such sensitive ears that a slight rattle will irritate us unbearably. Well you seem to have sensitive ears so you have made a good decision for yourself.smiley32.gif

And please now lets get back to topic

Peace

rahul18102009-03-14 11:19:56

maruti is not producing good cars...

its just the features of the car that is selling..

ALTO-price

WAGONR,ESTILO-price again..BUT LOW BUILD QUALITY

SWIFT N DZIRE-efficiency,LOOKS..BUT RATTLING ISSUES..

SX4-GOOD RIDE..BUT AGAIN POOR QUALITY

AND HE REST OF THE MODELS ARE ALSO THE SAME..

hyundai's models are different from each other and in evrery segment..

cheers to hyundai