spearhead1909

i10 ... the fastest to reach the 3lakh mark..

A star looks ackward. Especially in dark colors. The headlight has mounted too much. The Maruth has tried to resemble the i 10. The rear of A Star looks as if was crashed by a truck.The positive aspect f A star is that its a Maruthi product.

I am not sure why you say being a Maruti product is a positive aspect. Just a Maruti badge doesn't make it a good car.

I don't believe in brand value. Every brand has some good products and some bad products. We should always compare products without keeping brand in mind.

My opinion was not on the brand value. I believe that the Maruthi is better than the other rivals in terms of A.S.S  and service network, reasonaly cheap spare parts and its availability etc...

I agree that the built quality of maruthi vehicles are inferior when compared to the Hyundai,Honda, etc.

I surely agree that the i10 is one of the marvelous piece of work of Hyundai and no way compare it with the Maruthi hatch back. But remember Maruthi hasn't priced the i10 price tag for its hatch back.

dear rki ....
i dont hate any car company but yes i dont like maruti because it cheats indians by providing worst possible products and selling them by providing them at a little less money than others...and also benifitted with their 30year old sevice network..
u can see every maruit car crying for a good build quality ...but see a hyundai car they got as good quality as honda and toyota at almost maruti price ..
and even 10 year of presence in india they certainly match on a.s.s to maruti ...
on other hand .....forget about old products even the new products of maruti r crap ....e.g...a-star ..priced as high as i10 ..but no where near to it on space (boot less than 800 ' date=' where will i keep the laugage when going outstation, on my head !, rear space less than alto ),not great build quality , even so claimed great f.e. is only as good as i10 irde (tested in compariso btw a-star and i10) ..then why so much price for a car which not at all practicle ...
swift ....again least spacious in the segment ..worst build quality ...claustrophobis cabin...less boot space ..not great f.e in petrol..only good thing diesel engine (FOR THAT CREDIT SHOULD GO TO FIAT NOT TO MARUTI) ...in comparision getz is much more spacious , much better built , as good to drive , much better boot space .
sx4 ...thankfully not a success because u have honda , hyundai ,gm , ford , and fiat to compete with in that segme...so when maruti hav to face the competition from other biggies it failed
SO DEAR I BELIEVE MARUTI SELL PRODUCT ONLY WHERE THERE IS NOT GREAT COMPETITION ..THAT TOO NOT BECAUSE IT HAS GREAT PRODUCTS BIT PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT WHEN THEIR CAR WILL BRAKEDOWN THEY WILL FIND MARUTI DEALER MOST EASILY TO RECTIFY IT ...BUT WHY DO WE BUY SUCH A CAR WHICH IS MOST PROBABLE TO BRAKEDOWN ..WHY NOT BUY PRODUCT WITH GOOD QUALITY WHICH WILL LAST LONGER ....AFTER ALL THIS IS QUALITY WHICH GIVES LONGER AND RELIABLE LIFE TO A CAR ..NOT THE LOGO ON THE GRILL ..
I WUD B HAPPY IF ONE DAY MARUTI LAUNCH A GREAT PRODUCT LIKE I10 , SANTRO , EVEN LIKE PALIO , ACCENT ...
BUT TILL THEN NO MARUTIS FOR ME ...INFACT I DONT LIKE TO TRAVEL WITH MY FRIENDS AS MOST OF THEM HAVE MARUTIS...AND I CAN TELL U WITH PROUD THAT I FOUND NO DIFFERANE IN QUALITY IN MY SANTRO AND MY FRIENDS DEZIRE ...OTHER WHO HAVE ESTEEM ..GOD SAVE ME TO TRAVEL WITH HIM ...WHAT THE HELL TO SIT IN IT , EVERY PART OF THE CAR WARNS AND SAY ...DARE NOT TO TOUCH ME ELSE I WILL FALL INTO UR HAND ....
THANKS FOR PAYING ATTENTION TO MY VIEWS DEAR RKI2007[/quote']

Thanks to rishi del for answering for my queriessmiley1.gif

poor build quality doesnt means that a particular car is bad...maruti cars are light and that's why they are a hallmark of fe in india..like the swift diesel which is the most efficient hatch bt has rattling issues..maruti just needs to pull up the build quality of their products but on the whole their cars are quiet good !!!

i10 is a very competent small car...i just love its interiors as they look the most inviting amonst the smaller cars...for blue sapphire's wish to come true hyundai need to give i10 a boost by putting in a diesel engine which is the reason for swift's remarkable sales !!!!

I am definite that Hyundai will soon introduce the diesel version of the Hyundai i10 and further boost the car sales in both Indian as well as international market.