AnilMD

Which Hatch?

Buying my first car. Should be spacious, comfortable (for a family of 5 including my ageing parents), safe & low on maintenance. My running would mainly be on weekends, not more than 500 kms per month. Budget 4 to 4.5 L

Vista Saffire OR Palio Stile OR Aveo UVA OR Getz Prime OR Something else

Please advise.

The Vista fits your requirements perfectly. It is spacious and comfortable and will be light on the pocket too. But the diesel Quadrajet is the one to buy. Alternatively if you want petrol, look at the Getz 1.3. Why I suggest the 1.3 is because the 1.1 feels a little underpowered. For the 1.3 you might have to stretch your budget a wee bit. Also the Getz doesn't have as good resale as the competitors.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-03-13 11:41:41

Hi Anil, as this is going to be your 1st car & low maintenance is also on your mind.  I'll suggest you to stick with Maruti, there cars are hassle free & provide years of stree free service. Not that other cars are a headache, but with Maruti one has the advantage of getting serviced/repaired anywhere due to the shear no. of authorised garages.

Now, as comfort is also a priority here, if you can wait for a month or two, Maruti is going to launch a new car, the "Ritz". It should be spacious, comfortable, low on maintenance & serve you good.

In case you are in a hurry, Vista as suggested by FRG suits good.

Edit: Palio is a good car, but its  very old now & competition has moved ahead.  Also, your wishlist "low maintenance" may not hold good with the Palio!
BornFree2009-03-13 12:38:16

the palo is gud n has solid built...but its nt gud in terms of resale value plus the overall fiat service is nt gud..though its improving but not on par wit hyundai maruti or tata...

we hav a U-VA in our family n really impressed by d car...well i suggest dat u test drive all d 3 den make ur decision

Note From Admin: Please take time to type out your posts properly SMS lingo is prohibited on the forum. Any other such post will be deleted.

FuelRunGod2009-03-13 12:51:25

getz is certainly one of the best premium hatch ...got everything ...space , power , build quality , good a.s.s and reasonable spares ...uva can b an option but will again suffer from less boot space and little less power ...at this moment getz the best bet for u

It has to be between Getz and Vista, since 500 kms a month doesn't justify the need to go for a diesel you can test drive Vista petrol.

I think Vista will be more comfortable for your parents specially getting in and out of the car.

I second others suggestion for Getz 1.3 & Vista. One of the plus point of Getz is, the front vision of the car. It is just brilliant, Vista's front vision is bit high and it is  difficult to judge in bumper to bumper traffic. Ingress and outgress will be comfortable in both the cars. All the best.

Anil

Go for getz, it is spacious, low on maintenance, and would be idle for city driving.....agree wid others that swift would be rated lower in terms of space specially in terms of rear passenger.....

Another option, i would suggest, if you can relook at the budget is i 20 , the car though comes to an on road price of 5.2 lacs but is fully loaded (in terms of power steering, power windows and stereo system, making it a good value for money) and yes it also has an Gen-X factor attached to it.....

Getz is a good car but way old too.

Swift is practrical choice but rear passenger comfert is a issue

I20 is perfect suite, but u will have to streatch your budget a bit.

With the stricter budget Please pick up Indica VISTA quadrajet. its VFM and would practically fullfill all your wishlist. Or simply go for I20.