topgear

Which bike to choose???

Hi,

Recently i have decided to go for a bike and am lot confused in picking the right one. I currently have bajaj xcd135 in my mind and had thoughts about Honda shine, gladiator, herohonda passion pro and also splendor+, passion+. My 1st preference is MILEAGE and after that pickup/power.

Can anyone pls help me in picking up a good mileage bike. Also any comments/experiences with xcd 135 pls share.

Thanks!!!!

~ TG

Hello topgear and welcome to this forum.

while you have already Xcd in your mind then you can go for it. but i find it really small and really light when there is a pillion too.

Do not go for gladiator,it is so because my friend has one and i can see him facing problems.

Well shine has a refined engine and it will be good on performance in this segment.

Considering your the mileage,Xcd would go on top and rest you can check Shine. even that will be decent on mileage.

Hi' date='

Recently i have decided to go for a bike and am lot confused in picking the right one. I currently have bajaj xcd135 in my mind and had thoughts about Honda shine, gladiator, herohonda passion pro and also splendor+, passion+. My 1st preference is MILEAGE and after that pickup/power.

Can anyone pls help me in picking up a good mileage bike. Also any comments/experiences with xcd 135 pls share.

Thanks!!!!
~ TG

[/quote']

Hi topgear welcome ACI forum

HH Passion, Passion pro-Nothing special about the bike. A normal 100 cc bike.A good refined engine from the HH. Now a days the HH service is not that good.You can get a mileage of 50 kmpl . But splendour plus can give you 60 kmpl.But you cannot expect much about the pick up and performance. Its just a commuter bike.

Honda Shine- Very refined engine. Good service, Shine on road for the spokes wheel and drum costs approx 47000/- and the self-drum costs 52000/- and self-disc costs somewhere about 56000. And the benefit you get is the 125 cc Optimax engine, the output of which gives a mixture of good pick up and mileage of about 55-55 kmpl.

Bajaj xcd- I am personally not much attracted at the bike. But the Bajaj people are innovative by providing the Digital meter and other good interesting features which is not available with the other 2 wheeler manufactures in this segment. The engine of the Bajaj is not that refined when compared to the HH or the Honda.And it priced heavily than the HH  and Honda.

Yamaha Gladiator- A good bike with a displacement of 125cc which provides  5 gear which is not available amoung the other 2 wheelers in this segment.I think it costs 52000/- on road.

So, i personally feel either Honda shine is a better option.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Happy to see the quick responses. Few things i forgot to mention earlier:

1. So far i didn't see many XCD135 on the road (infact not even one i could find :-( ). Is it a succesful model ?

2. How much mileage XCD135 gives?

3. Abt shine, one of my friends told me that its giving less mileage. But if shine gives ~55, XCD gives me more than that? If HH passion also gives only ~50, looks like xcd135 also gives around the same mileage (+/-5)?

4. I'm not much into bikes, so can u pls explain what u mean by 'small' and what problems the small bikes cause? My bro had a test ride and he said its light weight. If its light weight/small will it be an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to roadgrip and driving comfort?

5. Also abt service and spares bajaj can cause any problems?

I am not inclined towards bajaj, but if it gives good mileage as HH, looking at bajajs other features would like to go for it.

Thanks again!!

~TG

As per ACI, XCD 135 has an overall mileage of 55 and it has been few weeks since it got launched, so too early to say whether it is a successful model or not.

Even Shine has good mileage, so consider Shine too.

Gladiator is a nice bike but mileage is less than Shine.

Bajaj and HH lose out on the finesse part.I still find them adding new and sometimes rakish graphics and packaging without much of an improvement in the engine and transmission technology.At least Bajaj does some R &D for its technology but HH uses the same basic engines and transmissions it has got from Honda years back packaging it and presenting it as newer and newer models. Honda has almost stopped technology transfer to HH recently. Do not know whether some new MOU has come by lately.But basically Honda is afraid that HH may eat into its HMSL pie.

HH bikes offer excellent reliability and fuel economy which is their USP. They have a mass appeal too.

Bajaj also thrives by its brand equity and mass appeal as USP's, though I wont comment on the reliability factor.Fuel economy of course is excellent.The fit and finish are still poor.Plastics are of inferior quality even in the heavier Pulsars.

Honda has an excellent lineup with the Unicorn and Shine. Again with its Achiever it has used the HH tactics of packaging the 125 cc Shine technology into a new outfit. But technologically  these bikes are far superior  to the competition.They have the desired finesse levels. The rear monoshocks the Unicorn offers, has been offered only by Yamaha lately in its FZ16 and R 15.

And from the Yamaha stable the only bike worth everything is the FZ 16, which is not that economical as far as fuel consumption is concerned.But I am sure this is the best bike in the 100-230 cc class today.

Hence topgear do keep all these facts in mind before you decide.We all welcome you here but please also introduce yourself to us all, in the top "introductions" head.

anjan_c20072009-03-15 15:15:04

Thanks all for the comments. Will strive to pick one or post my further queries, if any, after doing some work on the details got.

And sure, will be happy to introduce myself but couldn't find that 'introductions' head. Where exactly to look for it.

Thanks all for the comments. Will strive to pick one or post my further queries' date=' if any, after doing some work on the details got.

And sure, will be happy to introduce myself but couldn't find that 'introductions' head. Where exactly to look for it.

[/quote']

Announcements

Rules and regulations. Please Read Before Posting.

08 Mar 2009 at 2:29pm

By FuelRunGod right_arrow.gif

Introductions

Tell us who you are.

Yesterday at 10:09pm

By anjan_c2007 right_arrow.gif

There's the Announcements Head below the Forum name. Below it there's the Introductions  Head. Please post your Introduction there.

Hi' date='

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Happy to see the quick responses. Few things i forgot to mention earlier:
1. So far i didn't see many XCD135 on the road (infact not even one i could find :-( ). Is it a succesful model ?
2. How much mileage XCD135 gives?
3. Abt shine, one of my friends told me that its giving less mileage. But if shine gives ~55, XCD gives me more than that? If HH passion also gives only ~50, looks like xcd135 also gives around the same mileage (+/-5)?
4. I'm not much into bikes, so can u pls explain what u mean by 'small' and what problems the small bikes cause? My bro had a test ride and he said its light weight. If its light weight/small will it be an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to roadgrip and driving comfort?
5. Also abt service and spares bajaj can cause any problems?

I am not inclined towards bajaj, but if it gives good mileage as HH, looking at bajajs other features would like to go for it.

Thanks again!!
~TG
[/quote']

xcd 135 is very recently launchedmay be thats the reason you haven't nor  i haven't seen much.

As far as light weight bikes it may not be stable on high sppeds on highways.

Shine gives mileage of 50kmpl.Max of 55 kmpl as per the latest information given by a person who owns it

HH and Honda engines are very much reliable. So if i had to take a bike now.I would go for HH or Honda. Remember i amnot degrading Bajaj.

TG, also have a look at stunner from honda, is also a gr8 bike, but if its just the mileage you are looking at tvs flame also is a good bike to ride on which gives decent mileage around 60 plus,test drive shortlisted and decide.

i don`t u hav already bought ur bike or not....

after 6 months research from verios site,bike india ,auto car books n also test all 125 bike...i bought Yamaha Gladuator.ss...n ride for last five months ...

pls ride it,feel it,..wow what a seed,what a balance,what a refinement...splendid..n what a looks...!!!!!

pls,ride it once...u never willing to go with other....

its my recommendation.......

saibal

Well the XCD 135 is a more sportier form of 125cc xcd and looks great and has best Fe figure in 125+ segment .It is lighter so commuting in city is not a problem but on highway it won't be as grippy as one would like .Similarly the Dicover 135 is the same bike with new digi console and tank extensions with Idicators makes it look sporty .

So if Fe is in consideration then go for either XCd 135 with discs or the Discover 135 . Personally I would have gone for Discover as it looks more sporties to me than the XCD .

About Honda shine it lags that sudden feel for surge due to lack of 5th gear and may be more refined but its showing its age due to the Stunner (its FE is not that great though).