sparshq

A-STAR DIESEL SPOTTED

A star diesel has just been spotted!

This was near noida expressway!

The variant was zdi and god damn, it was makin a hell lot of noise! I don think it shud come 2 india or it'll spoil the a stars image, the only changes were steering mounted audio controls, leather seats, a new colour of dashboard and climate control, like the sx4. It caame with a spoiler, so when can we expect the star

cmon spearhead its india...plonk a diesel and any outdated or bad car can sell than why not a-star ??? when the crap indica can be such a big hit even though its filled with vices than y cant a-star ?????

astar is totally different mehul..

a noisy car

i still remember the day i was in delhi and saw the concept at the autoexpo..

it just blew my hair..

after seeing the production version, i just felt that its the worst model produced  maruti in india

no space and noisy engine with poor quality interiors..

and the car ispriced high

4.7lakhs OTR for zxi

diesel cars are genrally noisy leaving exceptions like swift,verna and the mercs,bmw,audi's...the interiors are quiet good according to me and its only space which is less...4.7 lacs is not at all expensive for a fully loaded model...u cant get a car withinb 3 lacs and hope that it has airbags,abs and everything !!!!

but still for the build and quality...its priced higher..

even swift petrol is cheaper..

and regarding the diesel..

you have named all of them and in every segment there is a leader..

and they all are quiet enough..

but i feel that astar diesel wont work here..

we should wait for the ritz

Similar to Zen diesel????smiley1.gif

It might be the 1.3mjd Fiat engine. Leather seats may mean its a more sportier car. Wider tires would be great.

How much would be the price? 5.5 lacks for VDI? (4.5 for zxi)

i think it might be just being tested and lets see if it makes to india but 1.3 mjd will give a-star stonking performance !!!!

Well, it might be true. Cause there is no other suzuki made diesel engine.

A-star gonna beat the swift and verna in 0-100 timing?? smiley5.gif

sorry dats the expected ldi cost' date=' zdi gotta go around 6 lacks[/quote']

Now why on earth would any one buy that when we have Swift VDI at 5.5 lacs OTR and Ritz expected in same price range . 1st of all did you manage to click some pics?? Maybe the A star diesel is answer to i10 s diesel. But no point plonking the 1.3 DDIS in A-star , they cant price it properly then.

dont worry sparsh...

still you did a nice job..

but i wish you could have spied upon a better car...smiley7.gif

may be GP or jazz...

now always carry a camera with you..

happy spying..

and about the pricing.i think that the diesel version will be around 70-80k dearer than the petrol one..

and the people will still buy the old horse..SWIFT..

if hyundai makes an i10 diesel then its understandable, coz it may be priced just lower than the swift vdi and they do not have an entry level diesel hatch so it makes sense..if you plonk in a diesel in the a-star, then it may be priced just below the swift and may potentially attract thw swift diesel's customers..instead maruti can launch the ritz diesel, sx4 diesel which would make better business sense.As it is maruti is struggling with its diesel engine capacity..and if it doesnt launch the sx4 diesel soon, it may lose the c-segment market forever to the linea diesel and ford fiesta diesel.

@spearhead

not sure, altough there wasnt a number plate, there was red sticker, as seen in test cars. Suzuki must have thought that bystanders would not notice and think of it as a regular a-star.

THe thing which i noticed was the biegish interior, and then i saw the rear