sparshq

A-STAR DIESEL SPOTTED

sorry' date=' but i dont think so
there was a 2 door version of the zen flopped
altough the a star case may be different[/quote']

The 2-Door Zen Didnt Flop. It was a special edition, and till date, it is the most sought after zen.

True - the "Zen Carbon" and the "Zen Steel" - (thats what the special edition 2 door versions were called)

were limited production runs - and well maintained (2'nd and even 3rd owner) examples of these still sell for around 1.8L in the Bangalore used car market.

@sujith

fiesta diesel not gonna take ne1's market' date=' cant be said about linea

fiesta diesel is frugal, but underpowered, only 68 BHP![/quote']

@sparshq--your reply does not make any sense. all i said was that maruti should launch sx4 diesel and no a-star diesel or else it will lose its c-segment diesel market to fiesta and the linea. fiesta diesel is doing decent numbers in india and it has beaten verna diesel black and blue. and linea diesel is the only other car that can potentially do well in c-segmnt diesel.

1.3 multijet should not be used in SX4 , even if they plane to increase the BHP , a 1.5 or 1.6 ltr engine would put it right next to AHNC & fiesta maybe even magnum , though it has a more powerful engine

sujith

i am not criticising the fiesta, i'm just saying that it is FRUGAL BUT UNDERPOWERED

and linea is just too new to be judged, read my psot in the linea welcome thread, i sat on the multijet yesterday

MS is launching a-star and ritz with 1.3 DDIS engine same as swift but tuned differently for both of these cars' date=' and astar diesel would be for exports for now and later in indian market, same with ritz.[/quote']

SOURCE??

Everyone.

Clarification to all the 1.3 MJD confusion. Just googled and got two results. One from some Internet site and other Team-bhp.

A-star has suzuki own 1 litre diesel engine. Its not MJD.

Well i already said that it might not be 1.3Mjd, as its not noisy at all..

Suzuki might have developed the new 1.0 diesel but i dont think that the engine will be up to mark of other engines like Hyundai's CRDi and Fiat's MJd..

A STAR DIESEL SPOTTED AGAIN

TOO FAST!!! BLEW MY HEAD!smiley3.gif

THIS TIME ON MATHURA ROAD

VARIANT- LDI

WHEN THE DRIVER SAW ME TRYING TO CLICK PICS, HE RAN AWAY THAT MAGGOT!!!!

I could notice nothing vital, sorry smiley6.gif

It was white and number plate less

there was 1.0 di written on the door beside the wheel like the wagon r, now i'm sure that the a-star diesel i coming!

Dear i10

This letter is sent to you from your great fan Sparsh. I just wanted to inform you that a diesel a-star is about to attack you. Be prepared my friend. I think your kappa is so good that it can send a-star crying home. But just incase you have your doubts, ask papa hyundai to get you a baby diesel. Best of Luck!

Sparsh

LOL! smiley4.gif

How was that!

Think the A-star diesel will be a great success, if it is priced right.

Any way, i think that, we shouldn't expect a high refinement or smoothness, since Maruti is a veteran in Diesel technology. Even then, well done, Maruti!! smiley32.gif

Any ways, hope that, the engine will be more refined than what sparshq spotted. Because, before the production engine is ready, they will be testing the car, and then varying the Engine mapping etc, for improving refinement and fuel efficiency.

A-Star diesel will be a hot hatch! Recently the demand for A-Star has been rising & a diesel will a huge shot in the arm!

1L diesel powerplant could also come from JV with Fiat in case present 1.3L is not used.

A-star diesel!!!its future will depend on how good the engine is..i hope suzuki comes up with sumthng gud..A-star petrol is way behind then i10 kappa.

A-star diesel!!!its future will depend on how good the engine is..i hope suzuki comes up with sumthng gud..A-star petrol is way behind then i10 kappa.

Well actually i guess it is the Splash/Ritz, that is to be competed with i10. And maruti has priced A-star high, and pushing it to compete with i10.