sparshq

A-STAR DIESEL SPOTTED

It'll be nice if there is no turbo and common rail. I agree that DI has more noise and less power. But it has linear power delivery, unlike the modern diesels with turbo lag. I'm no more interested in those CRDi engines. I'm expecting more NA engines. But i know that it is not going to happen. But if this happens in A-star, i'll definitely go for it.

i agree with crazycat....some crdi engines have a sudden burst of power after 2000 rpm which can be quiet a headache in city driving...wether a-star gets a d.i or a crdi it will be a superhit when its launched !!!!

does di stand for Diesel Injection or something like that??smiley5.gif

DI stands for Direct Injection and not Diesel Injection.

Some petrol cars (Example New Porsche 911) have DI Engine. This does not mean that Porsche 911 has Diesel Injection.

So its Direct Injection.

and IDI means Indirect Injection.

guysz its india...a car just needs to have a diesel whether its d.i or c.r.d.i people dont care...for example when people can buy an indica which seems to have  an engine from tata 407 than anycar with diesel can sell !!!!

guysz its india...a car just needs to have a diesel whether its d.i or c.r.d.i people dont care...for example when people can buy an indica which seems to have? an engine from tata 407 than anycar with diesel can sell !!!!

No nowadays people demand a good diesel that too after seeing Swifts and other cars diesel, Astar's normal diesel will not be accepted by anyone..

And nowadays even indica diesel isnt selling that good its either turbo or Dicor..Before when there was no competition it sold in good numbers and indica's market is altogether different, its much more spacious and cheaper to buy rather than Astar which is damn cramped and also not as cheaper as Indica..and moreover people have seen failure of Zen/Esteem D...

let the a-star diesel get launched and than see its sales...its gonna be tremendous...though i agree rear seat space is cramped !!!!

Well ya it can be hit but only if its priced well and gets good diesel engine or Modern diesel to be precise, no noisy engines please especially after Swift DDiS

but as stated before that this one is surely not from fiat with that DI badge, so may be from suzuki/maruti's undergoing new diesel engine workshop, have to see after huge success with multijet what brings in A-star.

i agree with crazycat....some crdi engines have a sudden burst of power after 2000 rpm which can be quiet a headache in city driving...wether a-star gets a d.i or a crdi it will be a superhit when its launched !!!!

I thought no one will agree with me. I said this because after driving my Swift and Esteem Di back to back, i found that overtaking and staying ahead in Esteem was easy, despite its underpowered nature.

1 litre di will certainly be underpowered because diesel engines cannot make so much bhp, so the power will only be around 35-45 ps which is definitely underpowered, see even the fiesta diesel makes 68 bhp after a 1.4 litre duratorq

If it is fiat 1.3MJD, it shouldnt make much noises as Multijets are known for their torque and refinement, mayb due to testing ,they would have not fine tuned for consumer preference,lets wait for it.

1 litre di will certainly be underpowered because diesel engines cannot make so much bhp' date=' so the power will only be around 35-45 ps which is definitely underpowered, see even the fiesta diesel makes 68 bhp after a 1.4 litre duratorq[/quote']

every engine has its level of tuning....maybe ford hasnt tuned the 1.4 l engine adequately...for example verna and logan have 1.5 l engine but logan makes only 65 bhp and verna makes 110 bhp !!!! so even a 1 lire d.i engine can have almost 60 bhp !!!!

@ mehul bhp

yeah i know, but i dont think that maruti suzuki is a master of tuning, they're incapable of producing a performer without anyones help. Their only job is to produce budget and economy cars and not concern about build, Performance, Comfort or anything like that. They concentrate only on Fuel Economy.