Sign in to follow this  
mail2ulalith

which ladies scooter to buy?

hi,

My sister is going to buy a ladies scooter. She is very much confused of which scooter to buy. She needs mileage during her city ride. Her choice to buy TVS scooty streak and I am insist on honda activa. pls help us to decide which one to buy. Otherthan this two is also welcomed. keep in mind that mileage is the foremost thing.

The Honda Activa is for rough and tough use. It take  lot of abuse and is very dependable.It weighs about 15 Kg more than the Pep and has the 100 cc engine.

The Scooty Pep can be preferred if ladies are of medium to low height and weight.Fuel consumption wise the Pep is better being with a smaller engine.But it loses out on running expenses and reliability to the Activa. After all Honda R&D is world class.

My Activa is six years old and is still giving me the smiles!

I think ladies or for that matter even guys should also consider the physical dimnesions of one's self before deciding on a 2 wheeler, it becomes very very important, if events of emergencies whether you are able to maneuver the vehicle well plays a very important role, so for thin light frame go for a scooty or pleasure etc, for a medium size frame any of the above and Activa etc, for large size and frame activa, access and Kinetic Blaze etc

If you consider mileage as the main criteria , i think Dio is the only option.

Activa is good choice. But since we have seen so  many on streets its a bit boring. But it has got a good resale value than any other gearless vehicle in the market. And Dio can also be considered as good option. But the waiting period of Dio is 45 days. Its a horrible experience to wait for 45 days. I have already suffered that. But anyway Dio is fantastic vehicle , good pick up, better mileage than activa,Weighs lesser than activa.

You can also consider the Honda Aviator and Suzuki Access 125. But both are a bit costlier than the Activa and Dio.

As far as HH Pleasure is considered its a failure vehicle nobody prefers that. I am not aware about the performance of the vehicle so no comments.

I don't think the scooty pep is available now. Please check out and correct me if i am wrong.Scooty streak is only available. I personally didn't like the looks of the vehicle. The tail lamp is the most ugliest design ever produced and a new innovation is the fuel tank cap  outside the storage box. I don't think this innovation will serve any purpose.

mail, go for honda anyday,tried and tested in all conditions and is still doing gr8 as anjan shared.Only other i could remember was kinetic honda which was doing wonders for buyers after which honda came and took over that market with its activa and now aviator,aviator is positioned higher to activa, so test drive both and decide.