prab1990

swift vxi v/s i10 1.2 sportz

i want to buy a car this month and have shortlisted i10 1.2 sportz and swift vxi. i am confused between the two as i find both of them to be good. interior space is not an issue in swift for me as me and my family were quite comfortable and found the space to be good. i10 was also spacious. we like the interiors of both the cars.i10 is being offered at 25000 less than swift(on road delhi) which car should i go for??. my previous car was an alto. how is the alpine blue colour  in i10? and how is the ozone blue coulor in swift?? plz help me out!i have a soft corner for maruti as i have had good experiences with marutis and maruti service station is near my place.all my prvious cars have been maruti's( M800 original japanese import model maybe 1983-85 and alto lx 2003)

Swift is any day better than i10. Swift is so popular because it has very good power to weight ratio, which makes it perform better than cars costing twice its price.

There is nothing unique about i10. Its just the Santro with much better build quality and a powerful engine.

Just to confuse you more with more info:

A-star/U-va is are cars which are unique. Neither the Swift nor the i10 have the driver comfort as in these cars.

Indica Vista quadrajet is fit to be called as a cross over. It has a suspension as good as an SUV.

A-Star - Driver comfort???? My wife sat in it and could not see the road!! What with that bulge @ the center?
en

If A-star dash blocks the view, then it will be the same with all the other low seating cars, which can cruise at high speeds.

Short people are best left to the Tall boyish cars. You wont ever experience the pleasant and relaxing ride in them.

As I said before i10 is a Santro clone(tall boy design).

PRab1990,

Dude... SHortlist your requirement as what u looking at in a car.

Swift is one segment above than the I10 and also its for a different purpose.

I10 best suites you for city usage with max 4 people , min luggage,

Where in Swift fulfills the need of HIghway driving , Power , speed, stability and even good fuel economy. Its a very stable car and sturdy as wel.

Talking purely cosmetic, build quality of swift in terms of interior designing n plastic quality is poor, though far better than other maruties.

I10 gives u better interior but has a very limited usage patttern.

Swift is for Versatile usage pattern. Its good on highways as wel as in city. u can clock 1000kms in a swift with speed n better handling without any worry.

the build quality of swit is far better. swift looks strong. It is heavier than i10.
Haha are u joking....Even Santro has better build quality that Swift and it rattles less than Swift.

And Jbond, its not that i10 is clone of Santro, its actually good car with space, comfort, ride, interiors, engine, build quality and looks...Its actually better car than A-star in all aspects except FE which is claimed more in A-star by Maruti..

Bhal, i am not talking about interiors plastics, Swift may be heavier but build quality isnt that good, it looks heavy but still i10 is well built overall, Swift has huge bumpers and etc parts but arent of good quality and also the feeling of closing the doors(best way to judge build quality) isnt that upmarket as of i10..

I think you got my point and this is for all Maruti cars including sedan Sx4..

You just try the doors of i10 and you will know what means a good build quality..And even i10 looks solid though not as bulky as swift..

guys. thanks for your replies. i hav booked a swift vxi in ozone blue color. the dealer told it will take approx 1 week for delivery because of lack of availbility of  ozone blue color. what are your views on ozone blue color?? and how much mileage can i expect in delhi traffic?

Power wise I think the i10 and Swift are evenly balanced. i10 has better interior's and build and has max utilisation of space as compared to the Swift. I think the FE of the i10 would also be much better than the Swift. The things that favor Swift are 'iconic' status, flamboyant design and 'fun to drive'. I have driven a Swift and can say that I was blown away, if not for my wife I'd be driving around in a Swift ZXI, now. Prab1990 plonk your money on the Swift, it's a great car.

Dear Prabhat..

My Ownership expirience with swift has been very satishfying.

PIC 1. Aug 2007

DSCN0193.JPG

It is my first car and  symbolize my success in my personal and professional life.

Pic 2. October 2008

DSCN1610.JPG

I bought the car in may 07 and since then every time i step into the car and hold the steering its a thrilling and a memorable expirience.

CAR: Swift VXI pearl arctic white

OTR : 448000 ( 30k cash discount after a great bargain ) , pune

Accessories: PU leather seat covers , teflon, underbody coating, Roots windtone horn, Philips crystalvision 55/65 white lights, JBL componants and infinity real oval speakers with pioneer HU.

Performance:

1. I have clocked 22000 km so far without any problem, no flat tyres even!

2. I drove swift in possibally all terrains across maharashtra and madhya pradesh..on some very good roads and also on some horribally bad roads. The car is sturdy and stable as ever and sporty enough to gives me a feel of a real all rounder vehicle.

3. It is powerful and cruises like a beast on highways. Very stable @ 145kmph and braking is also quite effective ( you need to upsize the tyres probabaly)

4. Mileage is good ( i get 15-17 kmpl on highways and 12-14 in city )

5. I drive carefully and always maintain proper RPM to GEAR ratio.

Pic 3. February 2009

DSCN1772.JPG

Overall this is a very good car and very practicle for my personal & family usage and for some long trips . as my job involves lot of travelling, i use the car for 200-250 km one way distances for office trips. also frequent personal long trips of 400-500 km one side..

Maintenance:

1. just regular servie schedule i follow and no expense other than that except fuel.

2. Repainted front bumper once as it got scratch badly by my uncle once. costs me 2000.

Issues :

1. Quality of Plastics is poor and Dark interior makes the inner room looks small. above this i put black seat covers.

2. rear seat comfort is not great, i never expirienced though ( always driving or navigating)

3. Stiff suspension ( Its not a issue with me , i actually take it as a Plus point of swift because if offers me a very good handling )

4. Lesser boot space..

5. Rattling : Initial first year the rattling was not there, but now yes, fixed with foam packing in all 5 doors. its gone!

Overall looking at the Performance and its value for money , Swift is great a car for me.

bhalchandra2009-03-19 17:51:21

so far experience with dealer has been nice. i booked my car @ competent automobiles, connaught place, delhi. the salesman was very polite and it was a good experience and they followed up properly and i got the cheapest loan offer @ this dealer and highest valuation for my old car.the previous car( alto) was also from the same dealer and our experience was good that time also. therefore we went to this dealer even thogh its 25kms from my place.we also went to AAA vehicleades in savitri nagar, the salesman was ploite and nice but we were getting lesser valuation for our old car and costlier loan.

I think you got my point and this is for all Maruti cars including sedan Sx4.. You just try the doors of i10 and you will know what means a good build quality..And even i10 looks solid though not as bulky as swift..

I second that. Hyundai cars have much better build quality than Maruti. Else  rattling issue with latter would not have been so common.

@prab 1990: Congratulations for booking yourseld a Swift. Pls do keep us posted with your experiences during purchasing & initial ownership with load of pics!. Drive safe.

we cancelled the booking @ competent motors and booked car @AAA vehicleades again as we got an even better deal from AAAsmiley4.gif. we also changed colour choice to White(vxi) we will mostly gt delivery on 27thmarch(friday)AA offered 8000  more for my old car and  4th year warranty as well

hi guys i took delivery of my swift vxi yesterdayi was supposed to take delivery yesterday afternoon but things got delayed due to heavy rush on account of navratras.the car is excellent. pickup is nyc and comfort is also good. the car is really silent . i havnt driven it much. the delivery process was smooth the salesperson was very nice and gave a full demo of the car and explained evrthing properly and was very courteous. the staff was very helpful. the whole dealership process was god except the 3 hr delay in delivery. i also manged to save on insurance by claiming no claim bonus. this car looks good in white.interior space is sufficient for our family.it feels like a big car becuse i have upgraded from alto. power steering is also very light and easy to maneuvere. overall i am very happy with the car and dealership. i had bought the car from AA vehicleades in savitri nagar, delhi

i10 has better interior's and build and has max utilisation of space as compared to the Swift.

Hi DD! i10 has better looking interiors, mainly due to beige. But Swift has more legroom than i10. And wider than i10 too. Becuase of the black color it looks less spacious than i10. I sit at the front and adjust the seats and sat comfortably and when i went back, i felt i10 more cramped than Swift. And i 10 is very narrow.