nehapjain06

Hyundai i10/Pa Launched @ 3.39-3.98 lakhs

Points noted on a short drive.

The overall feel of the drive is nice. The engine feels good enough in city use.

The seats felt comfortable, though the adjustment lever is on the inside and facing rearward, that might take some getting used to. The ride is not as stiff as the santro. The steering is light and makes it easy to drive at city speeds, no idea about how it goes on the highway.

The beige interiors give it a nice airy feel and central console mounted gearshift falls easily to hand, even the shift quality is good.

The bad part is that even the front seats don't come with adjustable headrests. But those seats look absolutely fantastic. You also have the option of a sunroof from webasto making it score on the novelty factor.

Overall, I liked it. Wait for a longer drive.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-10-31 21:14:47

thanks everyone for the info and pics

well to be frank the i10 looks like a mini civic.

is the Price fixed yet? and what are the features availble in certain variants?
pryas2007-10-31 21:10:51

Hi FRG, Lucky you to have a brief drive in the I 10, funny name, what comes next OB1Kenobe. It looks like the Santro replacement. But I think Hyundai will not pull out the Santro; and allow it to slide, as Santro is Hyundai's consistent best seller, comin second behind the Maruti Alto regularly. It looks good, but not jaw droppingly so as the Swift: that's one car that made my jaw drop. Hyundai may load it to the gill's and the killer price will make it irresistable. Plonk in the 1.1 CRDI and see it sell like hot cakes, for sure. Lucky guys and gals are those who postponed their decisions for this release. Lacking, for sure is, BVR Subbu's style of shouting form the rooftops and plastering the metro with billboard's. This is comparatively a low profile launch.

the i10 comes in 5 variants namely the dlite , Era , Magna , magna Optional and magna optional with sunroof. there may be a variant of Auto too.

the delite is the base version which comes with only AC and biege interior.

the Era is the middle variant which comes with AC , Power steering , Front power windows , body colored bumpers , central locking.

the Magna comes with all the features of era Plus rear power windows , Fog lamps , body colored Orvms and door handles wheel covers , rear defogger.

Magna Optional comes with all the features of Magna plus - ABS , Dual airbags , rear spoiler , alloy wheels.

The next is Magna optionl with sunroof.

The On Road price of DLITE variant will be almost around the price of Santro XL variant(on road )

The On road price of Era will be around the price of Santro XO ( on road )

THe on road price of MAGNA will be around the price of Getz GL variant ( on road).

the Magna Optional variants on road price will be around the price of Swift LDi ( onroad)

the Magna Optional with Sunroof will be around 10k rs cheaper than Swift ZXi ( on road)

Note - Prices are aproximate figures

Hey Guys,

I just got a price quote from one of the hyundai dealers. The car is directly pitted against the Swift I would say. I'm yet to test drive this one, but if the car's handling, ride and road grip is not up to the benchmark set by the swift, I'm not sure if this would be a better buy than the swift. The i10 has to be a "hot hatch" and not a "small car with features" to make a dent in the swift's sales.

Cheers,

Sujith

its is definatley a hot hatch but pricing is somewhat cheaper than the swift and somewhat costlier than the santro and wagonr. which means its in between them. and ofcourse many cutomers will have truned thier head to this HOT HATCH and maruti will soon have to come out with some discounts for its swift petrol.

we will know all the happenings by next month.

Regards-

Prya

If you look at the price difference between the Swift and the i10, it is just about 25k. The swift VXI costs about 4.85 lakhs { on road-b'lore}, while Magna, a similar variant of the i10 costs about 4.60 lakhs. Unless i10's performance is on par with the swift, i'm not sure if it would really match the swift's sales.

H/ever, the lower end models--Delite{3.90 lacs} and Era {4.35 lacs} would do well and can eat in to the sales of the Wagon R / top end Santro / spark.

even the fuel efficiency of i10 can be simliar to that of santro which will mean the FE is better than th Swift or the uva or the getzsmiley20.gif even one thing is that i noticed is the Swift or the Getz or the Uva are not having Biege enterior. surely this is best in class Value for money car.

pryas

CORRECTION

the getz now comes standard with beige interiors and wood grain finish all across mumbai

D-lite - nothing "power"!!!

Era - 2power windows and power steering

Magna ( 4 power windows model) - 4.69lacs

Magna (o) - 5.3 lacs abs safety air bags - (YES more than the swift vxi!!!!what the hell

magna (o) with sunroof 5.7lacs

All prices inclusive of everything Ex Mumbai

We shouldn't really compare the i10 with the swift even if the prices are quite close. The i10 is a 1.1 litre engine and the swift a 1.3. The Swift is clearly a segment above. We should consider the i10 as an upgraded santro which it really is. The santro should now logically attack the Alto.

FRG