rajukgp

Getz diesel or Honda City 2008

Dear All,

I am looking forward for performance car and my budget is less than 8 lacs.I have test drove Getz Crdi, Ford fiesta sports, new Honda City (more than 8 lacs)

I have a new Palio MJD and a Santro.I am planning to exchange santro.Can you suggest me which would be the best option.I somehow liked Getz diesel by its performance and price.So is it worth buying Getz diesel after that.My daily usage is going to be 50km.

Is it worth waiting for Grande punto or i20 diesel?

Thanks in advance

Raju

Hello Raju,

Ford Fiesta Sports is the best performance car in the category you are looking in for.

ANHC is a blend of performance & practicality. Which means its a comfortable family saloon too.

Regarding Getz, sure it will have the diesel advantage, but as obvious will be a small car. Also, its performance is blunted due to absence of ABS & as far as I know, Hyundai wasn't very keen in selling the Getz diesel.

Grand Punto would be a good diesel car, but I don't think it will offer Earth shattering performance.

If your usage warrants the use of a diesel, check out the Verna, it offers performance in diesel.
speed2009-03-16 18:33:11

@ Raju- My advice would be wait for i20 diesel , GP which are heading towards our market soon. Getz CRDI is a good car, but quite dated IMO. Fiesta S & ANHC would have been recommended had ur usage been 30km/ day. Its better you opt for a diesel. If you can stretch your budget go for Verna CRDI.

My two cents : i20 CRDI or GP MJD.

I have enquired about GP MJD this is going to be same as that of Palio MJD engine ie 75bhp 4000rpm and would be more expensive than normal Palio MJD.Secondly I20 crdi is going to be 90 bhp 4000rpm and more expensive than Getz CRDI 110 bhp 4000rpm.

What it looks like matching on the performance wrt to Getz specs is going to be difficult, ofcourse on the features the above cars are going to surely overtake.

Verna CRDI is little above my budget but again it is 30kgs heavier than Getz.Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

-R

Well neither i20 crdi nor GP will be performance diesel..

You can have a look at Optra magnum base although it will be out of your budget or Verna CRDi..

And for your running diesel should be must actually, but if you dont have any problems with petrol's running cost than City/Fiesta S should be ideal

If you already have a Diesel PAlio which is a hatch, ideally you should do for a sedan usually it is found in the WEST which has 2 car families with a combination of a sedan and a hatch, or a sedan and a estate, or a sedan and a SUV or a hatch and a SUV.

If one car is driven locally and by the lady the other car is usually driven on longer routes by men.

No hard and fast rules, but this is generally the given thing.

I have a Indigo CS and a Santro. The CS is used for long distances by the family and the Santro for city use by my wife. The need for a CS was only because we all love road travel and do it quite often, our 1st choice if we have to do 300Kms + in a weekend is by road. It is so very convenience to just pick up the keys and reach your destination!!

You can go for the Diesel Verna or for the diesel Indigo.

If u want performance,driving pleasure go for fiesta sports.Excellent car to be owned.As your daily travel would be 50kms better go for a diesel car.Verna is great car with excellent performamce.

punt is coming in the month of june,but its not a performance car.

It definately was a 1/4 hearted effort from Hyundai.. they did not promote it well, niether did they bother to give it a push by giving a top end model of it. I think they wanted to check how the market would take the competition with the Swift DDIS. Testing waters maybe!

dont go for the getz crdi..

either wait for the diesel i20 or go for he verna diesel base..

even optra magnum is a good choice if budget permits..

GP will surely be heavier than Palio MJD..hence i dont think that it will perform that well