spearhead1909

2011 swift

UK auto magazine Evo has nabbed this next generation swift while testing in the snow.  The next generation Suzuki Swift is expected by end 2010 or early 2011. Being on the largest market for swift, Maruti Suzuki may launch the car at the same time here in India. From the pictures it lookalike the next generation car will be spacious with more cabin room. Who knows Maruti Suzuki may pit this new generation swift against the Fabia and soon to be launched Honda Jazz and Fiat Grande Punto while continuing the current swift.

Source www.vicky.in

you mean a better car??? :) They just have to give the same car sold outside other than India to Indians! They cheat big time. I have seen Swift in Sydney and it is 100 times better than the crap in India. To make matters better for Suzuki, its hailed as the best hatchback car ever on Indian roads!

Well atleast in India forget better quality coz they dont know to make well built cars..Just to be competitive they give some features which are missing in its competitors at same price, and thus they sell in huge numbers..

you mean a better car??? :) They just have to give the same car sold outside other than India to Indians! They cheat big time. I have seen Swift in Sydney and it is 100 times better than the crap in India. To make matters better for Suzuki' date=' its hailed as the best hatchback car ever on Indian roads!

[/quote']

I lOve this Beauty but yes i look forward if those swifts sold outside offered to india.

if this one is a performer, whooooo how will be those - the 100 time better ones..!
bhalchandra2009-03-17 06:00:24

Maruti in overdrive gear!

Good that they have started working upon popular models too. Thank God, the present Swift won't sell as such till internity!

Dimentions seem to have increased, focus should be on improving quality & interiors too.

Also, Suzuki should be working hard to bring in their own diesel power plants with newer models.

For the next post: Suzuki's engines(petrols) are generally frugal & refined. I guess when they come up with their own Diesels, they would too be modern & contemporary.
speed2009-03-17 06:35:05

yup even i have the same feeling,i dont see any change in the proportions of the car even the doors,wheels and headlamps and stuff except for the door mirrors and new tail lamps

@

sharash can ya upload any of those swift pics u saw in sydney?

dont know when it will come........ but if maruti now stop its production if will be a gr8 impact on maruti's revenue....

if u r saying 2010 or 2011 there will be no place for this car.... as honda jazzz... fiat punto... i20 petrol & dsl , i30 & many others will be on the road .... now the days have been changed for maruti as they are feeling heat from hyundai , honda & fiat ......  lets pray for maruti

dont know when it will come........ but if maruti now stop its production if will be a gr8 impact on maruti's revenue....

if u r saying 2010 or 2011 there will be no place for this car.... as honda jazzz... fiat punto... i20 petrol & dsl ' date=' i30 & many others will be on the road .... now the days have been changed for maruti as they are feeling heat from hyundai , honda & fiat ......? lets pray for maruti

[/quote']

Think that, maruti will be facelifting swift by 2011 or so. yes buddy, by that time, swift will be outdated

Maruti has missed out somewhere in the middle. you are right. But, Any ways maruti seems to be catching up these days. Even now, swift is very much competitive, when compared to i20, and even the jazz, because of the prize difference. And i30 does.t come into picture at all. It will be in a different class. Think i30 will come to india only in the sedan form.

Any ways, I feel that, maruti should also try in the snob-value game also; rather than always competing in the pricing front. Otherwise, the brand image will suffer.

I don't think that the passenger room has been improved' date=' especially at the rear. It looks just like a mere face lift. [/quote']

hey CC

i have the same opinion with u!

even lights look have a very mild change!

Indian Cars Bikes > Cars > 2010 Suzuki Swift caught testing at the frigid Artic circle

2010 Suzuki Swift caught testing at the frigid Artic circle

ss1.jpg

2010 Suzuki Swift

While the Maruti Suzuki Swift is ageing gracefully, Suzuki wants to

keep the Swift platform fresh and updated. The folks at Evo have just

managed to spot a heavily disguised Swift undergoing extreme cold

weather testing at the Artic circle. While the external shape remains

the same, the 2010 Swift looks a wee bit bigger. This, however could be

illusory due to the fact that the Swift was in heavy disguise. The

headlamps and the tail-lamps get a lens makeover.

ss2.jpg

2010 Suzuki Swift

We can

Good Catch, sb-alto, but the car doesn't look ground breaking it's the same shape, let's wait and see how it looks without the heavy disguise. Before they bring in more powerful engines I think MSIL has to concentrate on the build quality and improve it.