rahul1810

ARAI Fuel Efficiency Data

Yes they were going to conduct it but i think that they havent done it yet..

Even once i read somewhere that all cars would come with stars regarding to FE, so that customer can decide having those stars and this was told by Govt. of India..I dont know what happened..

Yes BS, even I read in Newspaper (I think in Feb) that all cars would come with Star Ratings Regarding FE. And yes this would be made Mandatory for Every Manufacturer and for Every Car(Don't remember about Bikes).

But in the newspaper article which I read, it was mentioned that Manufacturers would Declare the FE and not ARAI.

Did you read it is the ARAI which would conduct tests?smiley24.gif

No i think it was some Govt. Authority only and probably ARAI only, companies do mention the FE now also but you know company will say good FE only, for many cars some company says that it gives 17 Kmpl of average but it hardly gives 14 then..i have noticed this thing..

the fuel efficiency figures are under standard conditions!! In real world, we may get FE lesser, or even higher than that, depending on the road conditions and on the driving style.

For example, for Maruti Alto, the milege is 18.2kmpl, but there are people, who normally get 22-23kmpl in highways.

Hence, what I feel is that, we shouldn't go blindly by these figures, but they help in comparison. So, we can say for example, car A is comparatively more fuel efficient than car Bcarispassion2009-03-19 19:57:34

Can the Fuel Consumption Indicator (as in Fiesta and Logan) be fitted to Indigo?

What modifications will be needed and also tell me the costs?

I am referring Fuel Consumption Indicator to Fuel Efficiency Indicator (Trip Computer).

Now, you can know your 'verified' car mileage

BS Reporter / New Delhi April 23, 2009, 0:22 IST

Siam

Car users will finally have officially-verified figures on the mileage of all cars sold.

The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) had, in a move backed by the government, asked its members to make available their mileage data for verification by the Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI). The latter is a government agency under the Ministry of Heavy Industry. The verification is after test-drives of each model at the ARAI

I just cant believe Verna Diesel gives 21.9Kms per litre!

Why not?

Hyundai is pioneer in CRDI technoly in india.

Verna is coming with advance technology than thier accent crdi like VGT (turbo)

Can someone please post the URL to this data?

One may have to put a pinch of salt. At one time in the US the cars were optimized before testing. Normal sale cars had different settings and a real life mileage of about 10% lower was the norm.

sgiitk2009-04-24 05:45:17

This is the link from where i got the info

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/now-you-can-know-your-verified-car-mileage/356003/

@sudeepd

What you are talking in regards to A-star is the maximum mileage it was able to get. These tests have been in normal conditions with two passengers. Like that even ford fiesta managed 34 kmpl in ACI special FE test rahul18102009-04-24 07:57:48

@sudeepd

These tests have been in normal conditions with two passengers.

Ok. Even if 4 passengers (or take it five for that matter) sit in A-Star, then also the mileage will not drop from 33.15kmpl to say some 15-16kpl.

Maximum it will drop to 23-25kpl.

@sudeepd

The test that was conducted in the rally was without seeing how the people drive but to see how people must drive to get max FE. They keep their windows closed, AC off and a lot of other things that come into play. Ask FRG he will be able to tell how it is possible to achieve such high figures.

While the tests conducted by SIAM have been looking at the way people normally drive the car and normal conditions