cariyer

Leather seats for my scorpio

am looking for a good and relaible brand and reputed vendor who do a good fitting in my scorpio the complete leather seats - any suggestions on :

leather seats ok ?

what best colours in terms of fastness and heating ?

which brand to go for ?

how much to budget for ?

where can i find the seller ( ahmedabad ?)

what must i be particular in leather seats ?

thanks

cariyer

Hi bro these are my opinion since i have leather seats in my fiesta.

leather seats ok ?

They are very much ok if you have the habit of always keeping your Air conditioner on while you travel.It is necessary to take extra care in maintaining the seats.

what best colours in terms of fastness and heating ?

Any colour is good , there is no hard and fast rules in selecting the colours. You can select any colour which goes with your car interiors.

which brand to go for ?

STANLEY is very good.I have been using it for the past 2 years and i dont have any complaints till now. Their fit and finish is very excellent. I dont know whether it is available at your place. I dont have any idea about the second best.Please consult with your local car accessories shop , some good shops have tie up with stanley.

how much to budget for ?

Once going in for leather seats you should make up your mind on the higher side. It cost me around 35K for the ford fiesta and 28K for my friends swift. It depends on the colour , style and quality of the leather you choose from the catalouge.My opinion for scorpio it may come from 30 - 40K

where can i find the seller ( ahmedabad ?)

Please consult with your local car accessories shop , some good shops have tie up with stanley.

what must i be particular in leather seats ?

The colour and the style. The main thing is perforate the centre piece of your seats. It is easier for the air to displace if the sitting area of the seats are perforated. If you tell the sales person that you need the seats to be perforated he will understand.

There is a lot of myth regarding leather seats. In my opinion if you afford to spend go in for leathers and enjoy the luxury.

Leather seats are great and will lift the entire look of your cars interiors, so if you can afford them you should get them. The colours and mixing options are numerous, you should visit a dealer in your city and see the catalogue. There brands like Stanley, Ovion, G-sport etc which make leather seats but you will have to find out which is available in Ahmedabad.

I agree with Neels in what he has written in his detailed post.

which brand to go for???

Neels has answered all your queries in a very comprehensive way so I would just like to add to your question for brand.

STANLEY offcourse is good but there is one manufacturer RYDER LEATHER UPHOLSTERY from Mumbai who are as good as stanley at much cheaper price You can get a quote from them directly and get the cover fixed from anr dealer in Ahmedabad. The quality of leather and fit is excellent and I have tried them for my SWIFT and Safari. You can visit there website www.ryderleather.com and get in touch with them

I would consider leather seats a fashion statement rather than it carrying any functional aspect. With tempratures ranging for 35 to 45 D in our country leather seats have no place, if your car stands in the sun there is a chance of you or your family members, especially kids they have more delicate skin, getting scalded by the surface temp of leather it can easily reach more than 50 D on the leather.

In our conditions with constant expansion and contraction of the leather it will get damaged, a little less with good quality but damage nevetheless it will.

I disagree with anijog. Lethare is a natural product and it doed not heat up like say PVC or PU. Infact its the other way round in the summers the leather gives a comfortable feel. Good quality leather meant for automobile seating does not get damaged due to heat as it is tested and treated as per international standards. It is very practical to have leather seats as they last longer than PV PVY or cloth materials eats.

5u3zer0 If the fitting is being done at Ryder workshop then they remove the original cover and fix the cover like OEM fitting. If the customer if from out of town they give a fitting that can be fixed over the existing (ORIGINAL) OEM cover.

Guys, Ryder is a great upcoming brand, making a name for itself in the leather car seat market beside the likes of Stanley and Ovion. They have great quality and the prices are really good. Its already famous in Mumbai and i have heard from a distributor that its soon going to be launched in Kolkata and other cities also.  

Guys, Ryder is a great upcoming brand, making a name for itself in the leather car seat market beside the likes of Stanley and Ovion. They have great quality and the prices are really good. Its already famous in Mumbai and i have heard from a distributor that its soon going to be launched in Kolkata and other cities also.  

ASH you can disagree, I agree that natural leather has good breathing characteristics but natural leather without surface treatment gets soiled fast and is only available as brown, tan, when this leather is further treated on the surface for smoothness, this surface I would like to point out gets damaged /flaky, chips, once the surface get's damaged the leather looks bad and the exposed leather get's soiled immediately causing more problems with the looks.

ANIJOG: This was the situation years back. Now the technology is there to teat the leather for any colour and still keep the breathing characteristics. I am talking about Leather specially made for automotive interiors (ie Imported Italian Leather) used by all major car brands. This leather does not chip and easily lasts for a minimum 5 years. The leather used by STANLEy for aftermarket seat cover is one eg and I know of  a company RYDER LEATHER UPHOLSTERY in mumbai who uses only genuine Italian Leather for seat covers.

ASH is absolutely correct. The technology has advanced a lot. Automotive upholstery leather is now available in many colours, being a Ryder customer for so long , i can tell you all that they are offering more than 20 colours.

The leather is surely surface treated and it is made accordingly for use in car interiors. The surface is finished according to automotive use and it does not crack or come off that easily. It will surely last for a minimum of 5 years. So guys come out from the myth that  leather gets damaged easily and is not good, it will last for years and years to come. So those who are in doubt about it , just go for leather seats and forget about any problems in leather seats because its absolutely incorrect.

Their is a fair amount of difference. If Stanley quotes you 40k for Scorpio,then i am sure Ryder will do it for 30k. So like this their is a big difference for different covers of different cars. Ryder gives you better prices anyday. I have checked out many times. I got covers on four cars and each time i had taken quotations from Ryder , Stanley and Ovion. I got better rates from Ryder and i was satisfied with the quality , so i went for it. You can also check the quality if you are satisfied you can go for it.

ASH is absolutely correct. The technology has advanced a lot. Automotive upholstery leather is now available in many colours' date=' being a Ryder customer for so long , i can tell you all that they are offering more than 20 colours.

The leather is surely surface treated and it is made accordingly for use in car interiors. The surface is finished according to automotive use and it does not crack or come off that easily. It will surely last for a minimum of 5 years. So guys?come out from the myth that ?leather gets damaged easily and is not good, it will last for years and years to come. So those who are in doubt about it , just go for leather seats and forget about any problems in leather seats because its absolutely incorrect.
[/quote']

How is Ryder different from Stanley ? What is the leather they use?

Their is a fair amount of difference. If Stanley quotes you 40k for Scorpio' date='then i am sure Ryder will do it for 30k. So like this their is a big difference for different covers of different cars. Ryder gives you better prices anyday. I have checked out many times. I got covers on four cars and each time i had taken quotations from Ryder , Stanley and Ovion. I got better rates from Ryder and i was satisfied with the quality , so i went for it. You can also check the quality if you are satisfied you can go for it.

[/quote']

so you bought Ryder based on lowest price. How do you know that their leather is as good as Stanley? What type of leathers do they carry?

Mclaren,

Ryder and stanley leathers are same no difference.

Its very similar quality.

Stanley offers nappa leather which Ryder does not.

But very few people can afford nappa leather as its prices are very high.

Both are using bovine automotive leather for car upholstery.

Ryder uses Italian leather and Stanley also uses Italian leather.

No difference in leather just the difference in prices.

Mclaren,

I do not know whether Ryder uses same leather as Stanley does or not.

In the past i have put Stanley covers on one of my car.

After some years i bought Ryder covers, just the difference in

price was their and quality and leather looked absolutely same.

Just that Stanley is famous and they are charging the customers for their

name and Ryder is relatively new as compared to Stanley so they are

not charging as much prices as Stanley.

Hope i made you understand the concept.

Mclaren' date='

I do not know whether Ryder uses same leather as Stanley does or not.

In the past i have put Stanley covers on one of my car.

After some years i bought Ryder covers, just the difference in

price was their and quality and leather looked absolutely same.

Just that Stanley is famous and they are charging the customers for their

name and Ryder is relatively new as compared to Stanley so they are

not charging as much prices as Stanley.

Hope i made you understand the concept.
[/quote']

what is the name and specification, thickness of the leather that Ryder uses? Is it like Stanley classic leather?

great - i am sold on ryder .

?

now the big one : who knows about the dealer outlet in ahmedabad ?

?

?

You are sold on Ryder by reading a few posts which talks about price alone? I did not read any material specs here yet?