cariyer

Leather seats for my scorpio

Hi bro these are my opinion since i have leather seats in my fiesta.leather seats ok ? ?They are very much ok if you have the habit of always keeping your Air conditioner on while you travel.It is necessary to take extra care in maintaining the seats.what best colours in terms of fastness and heating ??Any colour is good ' date=' there is no hard and fast rules in selecting the colours. You can select any colour which goes with your car interiors.which brand to go for ??STANLEY is very good.I have been using it for the past 2 years and i dont have any complaints till now. Their fit and finish is very excellent. I dont know whether it is available at your place. I dont have any idea about the second best.Please consult with your local car accessories shop , some good shops have tie up with stanley.how much to budget for ?? Once going in for leather seats you should make up your mind on the higher side. It cost me around 35K for the ford fiesta and 28K for my friends swift. It depends on the colour , style and quality of the leather you choose from the catalouge.My opinion for scorpio it may come from 30 - 40Kwhere can i find the seller ( ahmedabad ?)Please consult with your local car accessories shop , some good shops have tie up with stanley.what must i be particular in leather seats ?? The colour and the style. The main thing is perforate the centre piece of your seats. It is easier for the air to displace if the sitting area of the seats are perforated. If you tell the sales person that you need the seats to be perforated he will understand.There is a lot of myth regarding leather seats. In my opinion if you afford to spend go in for leathers and enjoy the luxury.

[/quote']

Your post makes sense about leather but how come not even Stanley in India sells leather with any technical specifications for automobiles? Perforated leather is just for design its not exactly going to make it more breathable. India has Eu compliant motors in cars but the leather sold here is based on color and design only?

Mclaren' date='

I do not know whether Ryder uses same leather as Stanley does or not.

In the past i have put Stanley covers on one of my car.

After some years i bought Ryder covers, just the difference in

price was their and quality and leather looked absolutely same.

Just that Stanley is famous and they are charging the customers for their

name and Ryder is relatively new as compared to Stanley so they are

not charging as much prices as Stanley.

Hope i made you understand the concept.
[/quote']

Ryder must be using Indian leather and selling it as imported. I saw the website and it says .9 to 1.0 mm thickness. Thats the leather they near Chennai. Automotive leathers has to be at least 1.1 to 1.3 mm in thickness and above it also more expensive as it is imported from Europe.

http://www.hulshof.com/collection/hulshof_for_high_quality_automotive_leather.aspx

This is typical of Indian companies making claims that they use imported material and pass off local leather. Why cannot they say its Indian? Then no one will pay the price because India does not make good enough upholstery leather.

Mclaren

I can vouch for RYDER using imported leather. I have seen the leather pieces myself they are all 55sf and above it cannot be Indian. Stanley classic range is also 0.9/1.0 mm. Aftermarket upholstery leather is 0.9/1.0 mm only. OEM leather is generally 1.1/1.3 mm. Stanley SATIN is 1.1/1.3 mm but that is very expensive. What ryder is using is aftermarket ITALIAN leather and tgey have 22 colours in ready stock with them I have seen this myself so I am very sure about it. I know a bit about leather so nobody can fool me to pass Indian leather as imported

Mclaren,

We all know that Stanley is a good company and has good covers. Do you know that Stanley is just another Indian company just like other companies like Ryder. Do you have any knowledge about leather yourself. I did not want to say anything about leather quality but Mclaren has started a discussion and i have to speak up. I am doing leather goods business and i have all the knowledge about leather. I am doing leather business for over 50 years now. Ryder leather is Italian leather sorry to say but India cannot produce upholstery leathers like European companies. If we discuss the ABC of leather then you will not be able to say where is the head and where is the tail. So read on the information that is given to you by knowledgeable people and do not try to go deep into leather grading and quality else you will be lost inside it and it  will take you years and years to learn but still you won't be able to understand everything.

Mclaren' date='

We all know that Stanley is a good company and has good covers. Do you know that Stanley is just another Indian company just like other companies like Ryder. Do you have any knowledge about leather yourself. I did not want to say anything about leather quality but Mclaren?has started a discussion and i have to?speak up. I am doing leather goods business and i have all the knowledge about leather. I am doing leather business for over 50 years now. Ryder leather is Italian leather sorry to say but India cannot produce upholstery leathers like European companies. If we discuss the ABC of leather then you will not be able to say where is the head and where is the tail. So read on the information that is given to you by?knowledgeable people?and do not try to go deep into leather grading and quality else you will be lost inside?it and it ?will take you years and years to learn but still you won't be able to understand everything.

[/quote']

Shahid you are just another guy on the internet and have not established any credentials of your knowledge. Please do not assume that no one knows about leather on this forum and only you know. It is clear that you are marketing Ryder. At the most they will be buying some quantity from club collection ( shocked that I know too much? ) and that is 0.9 to 1.0 mm is basically a furniture leather. At least Satin leather from Stanley is a thicker leather and is specified for Automotive. There are so many companies selling on price, like Saddles, Haition, Ovion, etc. None of these people have automotive spec leather. so Ryder is just one more in the crowd. Please do not try to push this here.

Mclaren

I can vouch for RYDER using imported leather. I have seen the leather pieces myself they are all 55sf and above it cannot be Indian. Stanley classic range is also 0.9/1.0 mm. Aftermarket upholstery leather is 0.9/1.0 mm only. OEM leather is generally 1.1/1.3 mm. Stanley SATIN is 1.1/1.3 mm but that is very expensive. What ryder is using is aftermarket ITALIAN leather and tgey have 22 colours in ready stock with them I have seen this myself so I am very sure about it. I know a bit about leather so nobody can fool me to pass Indian leather as imported

This is aftermarket SOFA upholstery leather 0.9 to 1.0 mm. It will show looseness with heavy usage in a car with some time. There are 25 colors in stock with club collection but they are good for sofas. Unfortunately the Indian market has been fooled with this classic leather or madras print leather for too long. Better to pay a little more and use 1.1 to 1.3 mm auto motive OEM leather. Time to raise the standards.

Shahid one more thing, your Ryder website claims that their leather is 0.9 to 1.0 mm scandinavian leather and you are saying Italian leather.

Please do not think Indian consumers are fools.

if you are a chemical engineer and tanning is not alien to you then why don't you start producing automotive leather for the Indian car upholstery market let all the people see if you can make it and sell it and how long will it last. It takes crores of rupees of investment to set us a leather upholstery tannery and it will take you years to learn how to make good upholstery leather.

I told you not to talk too much about leather coz you don't even know that thickness varies at various positions of the hide. Same hide at some place will be 1.2 and at some place will be 1.3mm. full hide cannot be of one thickness throughout. Also thickness varies from hide to hide.

Again it clearly shows that Mclaren has no idea about leather and he is trying to dig deep in his war of words. Let me tell you that it is Scandivian raw material and the hides are processed in Italy. Scandivian orgin raw material is widely used to produce upholstery leathers. If hides are of Scandinavian origin and are processed in Italy what will it be called made in Scandinavia or made in Italy. Think for yourself.  

You are only one out of millions of us Indians who is not a fool. Customers do not want to know if its automotive leather or if its furniture leather, they want to see if the quality is good and whether they can afford it or not. You are not gonna pay for everyones car seat covers the customers themselves got to pay from their pocket and each one of the customers will pay according to what they think its right and not because of your theories of whether companies are using Indian leather or Italian leather. True automotive upholstery cannot be afforded by many people. European leathers are very very expensive and if the companies launch the genuine automotive upholstery even people like you will not buy it after hearing the prices. 

Mclaren,

Ryder does not need marketing its very famous in Mumbai and soon it will be famous in India. I am a proud customer of Ryder and if i am praising Ryder then i do not understand why you are so jealous about it. Ryder gives customers good prices which others do not, they save me money and i will proudly praise them. Finally i want to say that Ryder is not fooling customers its others who are fooling them by charging extra money for the same product. This is a car forum and please discuss about cars do not go into discussions of leather. Else guys Mclaren will finance all our car covers from now on, on Stanley Satin leather and he will be happy that we will not be fooled!!!!!

Mclaren and Shahid

Please do not get personal on this forum.

Mclaren

Please do not comment on someone if you do not have full knowlege about that company. You cannot assume that somebody is using Indian Leather if you have nort seen it IT IS WRONG and UNETHICAL on your part. As I told you that I am sure as I have seen it myself that RYDER uses imported ITALIAN leather. First you said that if RYDER is selling cheap than it must be using Indian Leather then you started a new discussion that even if it is imported than it must be SOFA LEATHER. First make up ypur mind what line you want to duiscuss. Shahid is right that automotive leather is expensive. Nobody is chaeting here all the companies you mentioned clearly mention that they use AFTERMARKET leather for CAR SEATING. RYDER gives 3 year warranty on covers so I feel it is very fair. I strongly feel that you represent STANLEY and I would like to point out that for the same leather that now you are calling BAD was used by STANLEY for years and STANLEY charged a BOMB for the same now the customer has choice and STANLEY cannot do what it has done for years LOOTED people and made windfall profits. Now customer has choice to go for quality at reasonable and just prices thanks to companies like RYDER so please appreciate companies like RYDER and do not spread rumours that they use INDIAN LEATHER , SOFA LEATHER ETC.

ASH,

You are right this guy does not know what he wants to say sometimes he says X and sometimes Y. Someone ask him what he wants to say. Their is a very good point ASH made out and it is very true that when no other company was their Stanley charged really high prices than it should have been. So Mclaren change your theory that the new companies are looting people. They are giving great service and quality and charging reasonable prices. If their is a a fair amount of price difference then i think customers will go for the reasonable priced goods rather than high priced products specially when the quality is same. This is guy is really blaming companies that they are cheating people by selling Indian leather with an Italian name without any proof, this is really ridiculous. If you have any proof then only speak up and come out with the truth. Else you have no right to make false claims Mclaren.

Cariyer

You can get the seat cover from RYDER in mumbai contact details are on there website www.ryderleather.com. They can send you the seat cover by courier and then you can get it fixed by any good accessory shop which has experience in leather seat cover fitting.

Cariyer,

This is the best oppertunity to show the members of this forum that which is the best brand for leather seats and who gives the best quality and offers the best prices. You get price quotes from Stanley and you take prices from Ryder.

You will know the difference yourself and if and when you buy Ryder covers you will get to know about the Ryder quality and the price difference as well.

ASH' date='

You are right this guy does not know what he wants to say sometimes he says X and sometimes Y. Someone ask him what he wants to say. Their is a very good point ASH made out and it is very true that when no other company was their Stanley charged really high prices than it should have been. So Mclaren change your theory that the new companies are looting people. They are giving great service and quality and charging reasonable prices. If their is a a fair amount of price difference then i think customers will go for the reasonable priced goods rather than high priced products specially when the quality is same. This is guy is really blaming companies that they are cheating people by selling Indian leather with an Italian name without any proof, this is really ridiculous. If you have any proof then only speak up and come out with the truth. Else you have no right to make false claims Mclaren.
[/quote']

Shahid whats the point of setting up multiple IDS and talking to yourself? Stop marketing RYDER so desperately. Stanley is a market leader and all the other guys like your company Ryder are just selling furniture upholstery leather. RYDER is not selling Automotive specific leather as you yourself has admitted.

if you are a chemical engineer and tanning is not alien to you then why don't you start producing automotive leather for the Indian car upholstery market let all the people see if you can make it and sell it and how long will it last. It takes crores of rupees of investment to set us a leather upholstery tannery and it will take you years to learn how to make good upholstery leather.

So you now admit that RYDER does not offer leather with automotive specifications. I am not looking to do business but just calling your bluff about your company RYDER who is not selling an automotive specific leather.

I told you not to talk too much about leather coz you don't even know that thickness varies at various positions of the hide. Same hide at some place will be 1.2 and at some place will be 1.3mm. full hide cannot be of one thickness throughout. Also thickness varies from hide to hide.

yes but there are minimum ISO automotive specifications for thickness and it is 1.1 to 1.3 mm

Again it clearly shows that Mclaren has no idea about leather and he is trying to dig deep in his war of words. Let me tell you that it is Scandivian raw material and the hides are processed in Italy. Scandivian orgin raw material is?widely used to?produce upholstery leathers. If hides are of?Scandinavian origin and are processed in Italy what will it be called?made in Scandinavia or?made in Italy. Think for yourself. ?

This is not true at all and is lie. Italian tanneries do not use scandinavian raw material for producing this cheap after market upholstery leather which is used for sofas. Most of the raw material in Italy is from south europe and asia that is why it is cheap leather. So Shahid please know when you are caught lying. You cannot get out by making up stories

Mclaren and Shahid

?

Please do not get personal on this forum.

?

Mclaren

Please do not comment on someone if you do not have full knowlege about that company. You cannot assume that somebody is using Indian Leather if you have nort seen it IT IS WRONG and UNETHICAL on your part. As I told you that I am sure as I have seen it myself that RYDER uses imported ITALIAN leather. First you said that if RYDER is selling cheap than it must be using Indian Leather then you started a new discussion that even if it is imported than it must be SOFA LEATHER. First make up ypur mind what line you want to duiscuss. Shahid is right that automotive leather is expensive. Nobody is chaeting here all the companies you mentioned clearly mention that they use AFTERMARKET leather for CAR SEATING. RYDER gives 3 year warranty on covers so I feel it is very fair. I strongly feel that you represent STANLEY and I would like to point out that for the same leather that now you are calling BAD was used by STANLEY for years and STANLEY charged a BOMB for the same now the customer has choice and STANLEY cannot do what it has done for years LOOTED people and made windfall profits. Now customer has choice to go for quality at reasonable and just prices thanks to companies like RYDER so please appreciate companies like RYDER and do not spread rumours that they use INDIAN LEATHER ' date=' SOFA LEATHER ETC.
[/quote']

This is just another ID of yours Shahid. So what if Stanley made profits? They were the first to produce leather seat covers and market them well. Nobody has looted anybody it is just business. But what you are trying to do is trying to sell cheap after market upholstery leather. You will never be a Stanley by following this route. You are just jealous.

Cariyer' date='

This is the best oppertunity to show the members of this forum that which is the best brand for leather seats and who gives the best quality and offers the best prices. You get price quotes from Stanley and you take prices from Ryder.

You will know the difference yourself and if and when you buy Ryder covers you will get to know about the Ryder quality and the price difference as well.

?
[/quote']

Sure show us the photos of the work done after the leather covers are fitted.