cariyer

Leather seats for my scorpio

Mclaren,

I do not have anything about Stanley making profits, i am trying to prove your point wrong that other companies are looting by selling the covers but Stanley is not looting its making profits.smiley36.gif  I don't want to be a Stanley neither am i jealous , its not my trade son.

I told you not to go into deep discussions when you don't know anything. If Italian tanneries buy Asian raw materials from where do they get an average size of 55 to 60 sqft. You really do not know anything Mclaren . Asian raw material size is around 25 sqft only. If you want you can inquire in any Indian tannery. Go just help yourself and say that you are lying and not me.

Guys Mclaren himself told us that Stanley is offering Automotive upholstery leather and not furniture leather. He said that Stanley Satin is 1.2mm thick now Mclaren himself writes that minimum ISO automotive specifications for thickness and it is 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Now you people also get to know that Stanley does not comply to the minimum required ISO automotive specifications.

Mclaren you need different id's to support yourself not me. Go and do some research on leather and then come back to discuss or else keep quiet.

I am just a Ryder customer. I get good quality and good prices. I will buy from them and recommend others to buy too. You can do whatever you feel like. You are a Stanley man , you are marketing Stanley, sit aside Stanley's days are over now you cannot loot people as you have done in the past. You do good work but you charge extra for no reason. Now your false claims of using automotive upholstery has also been revealed.

Member Profile: Mclaren Active Stats

Username: Mclaren
Group: Learner License 1_star_rating.gif

Account Status: Active
Online Status: Offline
Find Posts: search_sm.gif
Information Communicate

Date of Birth: Not Given
Not Given
India
Homepage: Not Given
Interests: Not Given

Private Message: pm_icon.gif
Buddy List: add_buddy_sm.gif
Email Address: Private
MSN Messenger: Not Given
AIM Address: Not Given
Yahoo Messenger: Not Given
ICQ Number: Not Given
Skype Name: Not Given

Leather upholstery is big business

October 15, 2003 12:57 IST

Owners of Fords and Mitshubishis have probably never heard of him but are familiar with the luxurious leather car seats he fits in their vehicles.

Corporate chiefs and celebrities like Azim Premji [ Images ], Vijay Mallya [ Images ] and Sachin Tendulkar [ Images ], may not have met him but they buy his fine Nappa leather upholstered sofas for their living rooms.

Meet Sunil Suresh, the high-flying leather seat-dresser from Bangalore

Guys, Mclaren is none other than the owner of Stanley. His real name is Sunil Suresh. As you can see above in the autocar member info page. Now check out the rediff article. The first few lines show that owner's name is Sunil Suresh.

Now guys you can clearly make out who is marketing Stanley and what Mclaren is doing in this forum.

Mr.Sunil has your company's name dropped so much that you started to market it here in this website. Did not expect this type of thing from such a big company.

Hey Shahid LOL. you are really desperate are you not? Jumping to conclusions so fast? smiley36.gif   Please stop marketing for some non descript seat maker in Mumbai using the same old after market furniture leather. You do have any automotive grade leather obviously.

There will always be guys cheaper than you offering the same stuff elsewhere. Pretending to be some leather expert who has been in for 50 years and trying to push his products on a forum. I have other things to do in life and hence cannot respond to all the drivel you write.

Mclaren' date='

I do not have anything about Stanley making profits, i am trying to prove your point wrong that other companies are looting by selling the covers but Stanley is?not looting its making profits.smiley36.gif? I don't want to be a Stanley neither am i jealous , its not my trade son.
[/quote']

well grandpa you just said in one your posts that you are in the trade for 50 years? smiley36.gif

I told you not to go into deep discussions when you don't know anything. If Italian tanneries buy Asian raw materials from where do they get an average size of 55 to 60 sqft. You really?do not know anything Mclaren . Asian raw material size is around 25 sqft only. If you want you can inquire in any Indian tannery. Go just help yourself and say that you are lying and not me.

Asian does not mean Indian Mr expert smiley4.gif   But scandinavian raw material in an Italian tannery is baloney !!

Guys Mclaren himself told us that Stanley is offering Automotive upholstery leather and not furniture leather. He said that Stanley Satin is 1.2mm thick now Mclaren himself writes that minimum ISO automotive specifications for thickness and it is 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Now you people also get to know that Stanley?does not comply to the minimum required?ISO automotive specifications.

Mclaren you need different id's to support yourself not me. Go and do some research on leather and?then come back to discuss or else keep quiet.

I did not say Stanley offers automotive leather just said that their Satin leather is thicker than the furniture leather you sell at ryder. Whether stanley complies with any standard is decided by their customers not some small time business like Ryder ranting and raving on the internet.

Well grandson if you read carefully with eyes wide open you will find out that i had written that i am in leather goods trade not in leather car seat trade. Leather goods include handbags , wallets and small leather products for your information.

well grandpa you just said in one your posts that you are in the trade for 50 years? smiley36.gif

If your company does not offer Automotive leathers then why are you pointing finger at other not using Automotive leathers. After all those years of looting your company is jealous that you cannot loot anymore because many many competitors have emerged now in the market ,who are preventing customers from being looted. When you come to Kolkata you meet me, i'll show you my Ryder covers and then you might believe that i am not the owner of Ryder. But its sure you are the owner of Stanley right ? common now accept it that you are the Stanley owner. Do you have the guts to do it ? 

Guys Mclaren himself told us that Stanley is offering Automotive upholstery leather and not furniture leather. He said that Stanley Satin is 1.2mm thick now Mclaren himself writes that minimum ISO automotive specifications for thickness and it is 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Now you people also get to know that Stanley does not comply to the minimum required ISO automotive specifications.

Mclaren you need different id's to support yourself not me. Go and do some research on leather and then come back to discuss or else keep quiet.

I did not say Stanley offers automotive leather just said that their Satin leather is thicker than the furniture leather you sell at ryder. Whether stanley complies with any standard is decided by their customers not some small time business like Ryder ranting and raving on the internet.

FRG

Please give us your views, its been long since any administrator has come in between us and given his views. Mclaren is crying his heart out for automotive leather when nobody wants to buy that expensive leather seat covers. So please go ahead and have the final say.

I believe it depends on what kind of a consumer you are. Let me give you an example. Would anyone spend around 25K on seats for a Fiat?? I would. And I do! And im talking about only seats. Not side panels and Roof.

Thanks to FRG and Cyrus for posting their replies.

FRG has brought out the right aspect. Majority of the Indian customers look for value for money. If a company quotes 20k for a product and another company quotes 15k and the products are somewhat similar. The customer will look at both the products and if he finds that both the products are somewhat similar in nature then he would definitely go for the 15k product rather that the 20k product. This is what i am trying to explain to the readers.

Thats all. 

Over the years their were no other companies in India that were selling genuine leather seat covers for cars other than Stanley. Stanley sold them at their own prices as their were no competitiors. Now the situation has changed many companies have started this business all over the Indian cities.

Not only in Mumbai, but one can find them in places like Bangalore , Delhi , Kolkata, Chennai etc.  They are offering good quality at very reasonable prices which are cheaper than Stanley. Now the cosumers have many options they can go for whatever they find cheap and best.

Majority of people on this forum use and recommend artificial leather seat covers to all others who want an opinion. Which means they want low price covers rather than 25k covers. So its true that customers are looking for value for their money.  

I believe it depends on what kind of a consumer you are. Let me give you an example. Would anyone spend around 25K on seats for a Fiat?? I would. And I do! And im talking about only seats. Not side panels and Roof.

FRG

Please give us your views' date=' its been long since any administrator has come in between us and given his views. Mclaren is crying his heart out for automotive leather when nobody wants to buy that expensive leather seat covers. So please go ahead and have the final say.
[/quote']

Shahid I am just pointing out what most Indian car seat cover buyers are not aware of. The fact is automotive leather has a higher technical specification. I am not talking about pricing. You are wrong to say that nobody wants standards in India. The fact of the matter is that ryder does not provide leather that meets automotive technical specifications like most of the suppliers in India. You are obviously hard selling ryder here.

Exactly Cyrus. But my point was never about pricing anyway. It was about quality versus price. There are plenty of sellers who make cheaper leather seats with the same 0.9 to 1.0 mm after market upholstery leather that ryder is offering. It is widely available. I think it is important to become an educated customer. I will never put non auto spec leather into my cars. The auto leather is made for a reason, and that is for use in cars.

Well I'm nobody to give a final say. It depends on the individual. All I can say is if the customer thinks its worth it' date=' he'll pay for it. But I have to add that the majority of Indian customers also look at value for money.

?

FRG
[/quote']

Yes thats how most customers are world wide. But it is also important for Indian customers to know the difference between ordinary furniture leather and automotive technical leather. And for me value for money means price versus quality received.

Give the allegations a rest. Like I said before' date=' if the person thinks its worth, he'll pay for it. Same reasoning goes into a purchase of a Mercedes over a Volvo.

?

FRG
[/quote']

Its about educating a customer just like Autocar does in its magazines. How does a customer "think" something is worth it unless he has the information on hand?

The Merc vs Volvo analogy is a bit lost on me here as both cars meet all the norms that a high end automobile does. All the leather in those cars are automotive standard specific. So then it is a matter of preference to make the purchase.

We are talking about an after market upholstery leather from ryder that does not meet the minimum automotive specs and leather that should be lab tested to meet automotive specs to be put into a car.

Yes I'm all for education, but don't attack a fellow member because his views are different. We are all here to learn.

About the Merc vs Volvo. In India at least, it is clear that the three pointed star enjoys better brand value than the Volvo even though the Volvos are priced below the Mercs.

After a certain amount, the price doesn't really matter. A lot of thought goes into quality and lest we forget the all important - snob value.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-09-27 13:16:30

Mclaren you are absolutely right that Indian car seat customers are not aware of what they are buying. You are also right that automotive leather has high specifications. I might be wrong to say that nobody wants automotive leather but the correct thing is nobody knows about automotive leather and nobody wants to know about it after knowing its prices. Thats what i want to explain. i agree Ryder does not provide automotive leather, you also got to agree that no other brand offers automotive leather right ? I have told you again and again i am not selling Ryder, i am just praising them because they offer very good quality at very reasonable prices. Thats why i want to recommend to other users on this forum thats it. You should not criticise any particular brand for not using automotive leather. Whatever leather any particular brand is using is upto them and its upto the buyers to see if they want to buy or not. We cannot decide what buyers have to buy , they themselves have to decide.

Shahid I am just pointing out what most Indian car seat cover buyers are not aware of. The fact is automotive leather has a higher technical specification. I am not talking about pricing. You are wrong to say that nobody wants standards in India. The fact of the matter is that ryder does not provide leather that meets automotive technical specifications like most of the suppliers in India. You are obviously hard selling ryder here.
FuelRunGod2009-09-27 21:21:26