cariyer

Leather seats for my scorpio

All the allegations were started by Mclaren. Please ask him to stop this unnecessary stuff.

Give the allegations a rest. Like I said before' date=' if the person thinks its worth, he'll pay for it. Same reasoning goes into a purchase of a Mercedes over a Volvo.

FRG
[/quote']

Give the allegations a rest. Like I said before' date=' if the person thinks its worth, he'll pay for it. Same reasoning goes into a purchase of a Mercedes over a Volvo.

FRG
[/quote']
Its about educating a customer just like Autocar does in its magazines. How does a customer "think" something is worth it unless he has the information on hand?
The Merc vs Volvo analogy is a bit lost on me here as both cars meet all the norms that a high end automobile does. All the leather in those cars are automotive standard specific. So then it is a matter of preference to make the purchase.
We are talking about an after market upholstery leather from ryder that does not meet the minimum automotive specs and leather that should be lab tested to meet automotive specs to be put into a car.

Its good to educate the customers no questions about that. Mclaren again you are making allegations that Ryder is using after market upholstery leather when all other brands use the same leathers then why are you after Ryder only. You should rightly say that Stanley , Ryder, Ovion etc etc are using after market upholstery leather which does not meet the automotive specs and they should start using automotive leathers. You should criticise all the brands together not only Ryder.  Moderators and admins should tell us whether its right to speak out only against one brand specially when all the other brands are doing the same thing.

FRG

I am all for customer education. but Mclaren was critising that a perticular brand RYDER is selling cheap because it is using Indian Leather to which I refuted that I have personally seen what RYDER is using and it is certainly not INDIAN leather then he was about that it is using furniture leather to which I said that STANLEY was using the same leather for years and charging a bomb till the customer had a choice (IS THIS NOT CUSTOMER EDUCATION)

AUTOMIVE leather is very high specification and for MClaren info different car makers have diffrent automotive specification all over the world and it all depends on HOW MUCH YOU ARE WILLING TO SHELL OUT!!!!. RYDER and other companies are very clear that they are using AFTER MARKET AUTOMOTIVE LEATHER which has certain specifications but not as high as automotive specificatyions. Then is is for the customer to decide what he wants???? Major car makers also do AFTER MARKET COVERS and they also use the same AFTER MARKET LEATHER for these covers. I feel companies like RYDER have brought customer VALUE for MONEY and CHOICE and there is nothing wrong in people like me and SHAHID who are Ryder customers to inform people about it. I suggest if Mclaren wants to promote STANLEY he should bring out the good points about STANLEy rather than critisizing other companies
FuelRunGod2009-09-27 21:23:07

ASH has written the best part. Mclaren, if you want to promote and praise Stanley you do it, you recommend it to others but do not criticise other brands like Ryder, just bring out the good aspects and advantages of Stanley covers.

Cyrus, i see that you are from Mumbai. Being a moderator on this forum, i think if you get an opportunity you should visit the Ryder showroom and see their work and let the readers of this forum know about it. That will be great for all people who are looking to buy leather seats.

Yes I'm all for education' date=' but don't attack a fellow member because his views are different. We are all here to learn.

?

About the Merc vs Volvo. In India at least, it is clear that the three pointed star enjoys better brand value than the Volvo even though the Volvos are priced below the Mercs.

?

After a certain amount, the price doesn't really matter. A lot of thought goes into quality and lest we forget the all important - snob value.

?

FRG
[/quote']

FRG to me its rather clear that Shahid is promoting ryder blatantly here. This is not about one brand versus the other as in the Merc vs Volvo. It is about a substandard leather that is not automotive spec put into cars in India in the after market by so many companies like Ryder. Stanley is obviously the better known and older brand but companies like ryder are just selling cheap leather at a lower price. Their leathers are not a higher spec than stanley. Most customers are not aware of what they are buying when it comes to leather for cars and must be educated.

Mclaren you are absolutely right that Indian car seat?customers are not aware of?what they are buying. You are also right that automotive leather has high specifications. I might be wrong to say that nobody wants automotive leather but the correct thing is nobody knows about automotive leather and nobody wants to know about it after knowing its prices. Thats what i want to explain. i agree Ryder does not provide automotive leather' date=' you also got to agree that no other brand offers automotive leather right ? I have told you again and again?i am not selling Ryder, i am just praising them because they offer very good quality at very reasonable prices. Thats why i want to recommend to other users on this forum thats it. You should not criticise any particular brand for not using automotive leather. Whatever leather any particular brand is using is upto them and its upto the buyers to see if they want to buy or not. We cannot decide what buyers have to buy , they themselves have to decide.

Sure the customers should decide and I am glad you have admitted that ryder leather is not automotive grade. As a customer I am free to point out that automotive leather is different and a higher spec from the normal after market upholstery leather sold by companies like ryder.

FRG

?

I am all for customer education. but Mclaren was critising that a perticular brand RYDER is selling cheap because it is using Indian Leather to which I refuted that I have personally seen what RYDER is using and it is certainly not INDIAN leather then he was about that it is using furniture leather to which I said that STANLEY was using the same leather for years and charging a bomb till the customer had a choice (IS THIS NOT CUSTOMER EDUCATION)

?

AUTOMIVE leather is very high specification and for MClaren info different car makers have diffrent automotive specification all over the world and it all depends on HOW MUCH YOU ARE WILLING TO SHELL OUT!!!!. RYDER and other companies are very clear that they are using AFTER MARKET AUTOMOTIVE LEATHER which has certain specifications but not as high as automotive specificatyions. Then is is for the customer to decide what he wants???? Major car makers also do AFTER MARKET COVERS and they also use the same AFTER MARKET LEATHER for these covers. I feel companies like RYDER have brought customer VALUE for MONEY and CHOICE and there is nothing wrong in people like me and SHAHID who are Ryder customers to inform people about it. I suggest if Mclaren wants to promote STANLEY he should bring out the good points about STANLEy rather than critisizing other companies

Okay so this is your other ID. Stanley does not need me or you promote them as they have been around for years. The 0.9 to 1.0 mm leather than ryder sells, supplied by most likely club collection and local leather suppliers of article madras print from Chennai to them is not an automotive grade leather.

1.1 to 1.3 mm is the minimum thickness for any automotive grade as per ISO norms. I am merely pointing out the truth.

Cyrus' date=' i see that you are from Mumbai. Being a moderator on this forum, i think if you get an opportunity you should visit the Ryder showroom and see their work and let the readers of this forum know about it. That will be great for all people who are looking to buy leather seats.

[/quote']

Ovion, Haiton and so many other companies also offer same leather. Nothing special about ryder or the brand.

ASH has written the best part. Mclaren' date=' if you want to promote and praise Stanley you do it, you recommend it to others but do not criticise other brands like Ryder,?just bring out the good aspects and advantages of Stanley covers. [/quote']

I am sure you agree with yourself. But I will bring out the truth about ryder or any brand as an Indian customer.

FRG

You can see that Mclaren has started alleging again. I don't know what to tell him. If you can see that Mclaren and CSingh are the same users then both the id's should be blocked. Now please kindly tell Mclaren that ASH and Shahid are different members. He always writes that both id's are mine.

Again he is trying to get personal. I do not want to say anything, its all upto the admins and mods to look into it.  

Mclaren is himself using twin id's and he was accusing me of using multiple id's. Now readers will know what is right and what is wrong.  

As per FRG you are Mclaren only. So Mclaren or Csingh if you want to know prices contact Ryder not me. You can find the info on their website - www.ryderleather.com

Hello Shahid can you please let me know ryder leather prices for 1) Swift 2) Innova3) Linea 4) Honda City do you have any dealer in Delhi? are the prices lower in Mumbai?

FRG

Mclaren is used to accusing people without having knowlege or info about it. He is accusing RYDER about which is complete UNTRUE.He thinks everyone is like him and does what he is doing. He kept on accusing SHAHID that ASH is also his ID whereas ASH is my ID and I am from Mumbai  and I have personally used RYDER covers. As you pointed that Mclaren is using multiple ID and he has acuused me also that ASh is SHAHID's ID I request you to BLOCK N BAN Mclaren from this forum please.

FRG

Mclaren is used to accusing people without having knowlege or info about it. He is accusing RYDER about which is complete UNTRUE.He thinks everyone is like him and does what he is doing. He kept on accusing SHAHID that ASH is also his ID whereas ASH is my ID and I am from Mumbai? and I have personally used RYDER covers. As you pointed that Mclaren is using multiple ID and he has acuused me also that ASh is SHAHID's ID I request you to BLOCK N BAN Mclaren from this forum please.

The thing is that you and shahid take anything I point out about ryder leather quality and specification personally. That only happens when there are vested interests. There is nothing to hide. The leather ryder uses does not meet automotive specs at all. If you are not an interested party you should be happy to get the information. Asking to ban me will not change the leather ryder uses to meet technical specs required for automotive upholstery.

FRG, i don't have anything against Mclaren, you can see what he is doing , i don't want to say anything. I have just replied to his posts. He is making false allegations against me what can i do, i have to defend myself. If he wants to speak out , he is free to do so , but not against me. Please ask him to stop all this stuff. In his last post again he has started to do it. Please ask him to stop it.