FuelRunGod

Tata Motors launches Indica V2 with Airbags, ABS

Tata Motors today launched the Indica V2 with ABS and airbags. These are only available on the DLX Turbo model  priced at Rs. 4.76 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

FRG<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Great that more manufacturers are moving towards the much neglected safety aspect of the car.  The Western countries are so strict about safety but ironically the conditions over there are much safer to drive in.  Glad that the Indian government has at least made seat belts cumpulsory.  Things like the ABS and Airbags should be mandatory on all cars.  Our roads are one of the most dangerous roads in the world and we need them more than anyone else.  Good that manufacturers like Tata and Maruti are providing them on even low end cars at least as optional equipment.  That's one good step in the right direction.  Kudos to Tata for a great effort. 

Jitz

Its the first diesel hatch to get air bags in India. Shame on Maruti you could have offered airbags also an option on Swift D.

I thought the Octavia also a diesel hatch had airbags

thatz cool news from the TATA motors where i was looking for the same but the only drawbacks are

1) all my friends had very bad experience with the tata cars like Indigo, Indica.

2) The Ex showroom Price of DLX turbo in Delhi is 4.15 but ex showroom of abs airbags is 4.76 which means rs 60k more thats a bit on higher side but still a good move.

3)Tata will soon be out with thier new Indica DICOR ( shown in Autocar) and that model looks cool and this model will not have great looks and also may affect the resale,

Hi,,

So is it advisable to spend on a diesel car like (indica DLX) 4.76 + extra to be on road....

Or rather go for a petrrol vehicle Under 4 Lacs....

Initatil price is less.. and maintainence is also less in petrol.////

Rummy..

It's better to go for a petrol under Rs. 4 lakh I feel. New Hyundai i10 could be a good option. Indicas give trouble in the long run which negates diesel economy. thats the problem

all said, it is about time a decision is taken to make abs mandatory. it will not kill sales. as it is, in india we pay a premium over most countries to enjoy the privilege of motoring, and the cost of these systems will be passed onto consumers anyway, so i think it's 'bout time we saw abs an airbags on all cars. 

Yes you are right but putting both simultaneously will make a steep 50k climb which most Indians won't like so lets make ABS mandatory ( 20k) first then airbags can follow .